The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Drake & Weeknd performing Crew Love gave me the chills :smh:

Maybe one day if they decide to put their egos aside we can get a tour in the Statee

Do you all think it's ego on both ends or is one sided? I see Drake as a money machine who wants to make as much green on the road as possible. But on the same token, I see him as wanting credit for "putting the weeknd on".

On the same token, I can see weeknd as not caring much about the money, but wanting to build his own brand independent of another artist. As if he's not trying to be the opening act.

I can def see Drake having that "I put you on" attitude towards it. 

That performance of Crew Love gave my chills.

Really wishing we can see OVOXO make a revival. 

For any of those who care, I'm working on a Sweet Life Festival mini compilation of clips from Abel's performance 
happy.gif

Do you all think it's ego on both ends or is one sided? I see Drake as a money machine who wants to make as much green on the road as possible. But on the same token, I see him as wanting credit for "putting the weeknd on".

On the same token, I can see weeknd as not caring much about the money, but wanting to build his own brand independent of another artist. As if he's not trying to be the opening act.

Drake knows how to play the game. He jumps on everything that's hot. Kendrick, ASAP, Migos and his fans get tricked into thinking he put them on. He helped The Weeknd but a co-sign only gets you but so far. And most of Take Care sounds like a Weeknd tape so it was pretty much a even trade.

Last edited:
Thursday is a top 3 song for me :smokin

I still can't listen to this song without running it back for hours :smh:

This ____ didn't even say words for a cool 35% of the song and it's still magical :lol:

Every time I think about the fact that he just got high and freestyled most of this tape, I lose my mind. He really has the talent to just pump out classics.

EDIT: How could I forget the guitar rifts during the hook :x

This song is perfection.

Last edited:
Had this epiphany today...the second half of Kissland might be my favorite Weeknd song ever.

Never seen that HBD song lol. Dude was on his way on dat public transportation. He knew where he'd end up, still don't even drive himself 

"And I don't know how to drive, I make my driver get high..."

"Now that penthouse at the Ritz where my home is"

Last edited:
Do you all think it's ego on both ends or is one sided?

I just figured they were doing their own thing. I mean, it was probably an ego issue on both sides after Weeknd didn't sign to OVO Sound, but now I just think they have their own stuff going on and it'll happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
I need some OVOXO in my life
Chief-Keef-Sued-Charity-Event.-NAH.jpg

Solo Weeknd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Honestly, if he never featured another artist on his projects going forward again I wouldn't even trip, Gone would've been the goods regardless of Aubrey's presence. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom