The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
COlfuM4WgAAQayr.jpg

Known of him for awhile but never paid attention until this year. My favs are Life Of The Party
Initiation
High For This
CFMF
House Of Balloons... I got others but those still have yet to get old to me.

Revisited EoS on Friday. So as of today, that's my favorite album :lol:. And I didn't coordinate my post with someone else's.

Initiation has to be quintessential Weeknd.

2011 will go down as the greatest year for me musically. There's no way an artist can release 27 flawless victories in under one calendar year.

*I don't like how many of the songs on BBTM are so formulaic. Verse, hook, verse, hook, bridge, hook, etc. Has a very conformed vibe that takes away from the artistry in my opinion. You can hear especially on Losers, Dark Times, Angel and The Hills. The Hills is so great though cuz it harkens back to 2011.

Last edited:
all these wack *** artists tryna collab with greatness 
mean.gif

just hope they dont water the boy down

its like the whole industry sees it this dude is gonna run it, so they all fallin over themselves to show love now before its too late

Revisited EoS on Friday. So as of today, that's my favorite album
laugh.gif
. And I didn't coordinate my post with someone else's.

Initiation has to be quintessential Weeknd.

2011 will go down as the greatest year for me musically. There's no way an artist can release 27 flawless victories in under one calendar year.

*I don't like how many of the songs on BBTM are so formulaic. Verse, hook, verse, hook, bridge, hook, etc. Has a very conformed vibe that takes away from the artistry in my opinion. You can hear especially on Losers, Dark Times, Angel and The Hills. The Hills is so great though cuz it harkens back to 2011.
Really hard to make a successful album without records being "formulaic." It's very hard to perform 7 minute songs with no real hooks or bridges.

all these wack *** artists tryna collab with greatness 
mean.gif

just hope they dont water the boy down

its like the whole industry sees it this dude is gonna run it, so they all fallin over themselves to show love now before its too late
It's not them. I mean i'm sure everyone wants to collab with Abel, but more than anything, It's their labels behind them. 

And if anything, we can just always take the other artists off the track and just listen to his verses alone. That's what I've been doing for a while.

Back
Top Bottom