The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Remember the days when no one really knew what fam looked like. :lol:

***** done started reading those instagram compliments from thotties and started thinking he cute. :smh:

Wishful thinking but this popped in my head. What if the album/tour is a trap for the pop lovers? Have them all buy tickets up for the tour, album comes out with the raunch for the old Abel fans. Pop lovers get reeled in

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
remember when ppl thought that when he dropped bbtm 

talking about this seattle project

sidenote

was just in seattle, i miss Kurt cobain

Dude went from no pics to whoring himself on ig and magazines

Don't blame him but it's crazy how much things changed

Last edited:
Shows were better when it was 19+

Have fun turning up next to a 14y/o and her mom

This unfortunately reminds me, when I hit the San Jose BBTM show I was mid-way thru the blunt and got a tap from two girls. They asked me if they could hit it, I didn't even really think twice... they passed it back, giggling super hard. I just look w/ that, "TF so funny" face... one leans over and says "this is our first time smoking, we're 16" :smh: :smh: :smh:

Honestly man, the demographics at the BBTM tour was a bigger L than the music. Felt like being at a high school dance at times.

Last edited:
Some upcoming album info:

"At first listen, the songs on Starboy reveal new sides of the Weeknd. “Secrets,” which was initially conceived as a country song and partly inspired by Dolly Parton and Conway Twitty, has an old-school soul/new wave vibe. Tesfaye sings in a vocal register lower than his signature falsetto and at one point slips into something like a British accent."

Soo I guess Secrets is going to be the name of another track on the album? And a British accent?? What is this man trying lol

"The remarkably spontaneous sessions [with Daft Punk] yielded two songs on the album."

Full article is here: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-weeknd-a-rising-starboy-1478102781

Dolly and Conway have some very emotional songs that are closer in tone to the old Weeknd than a lot of the stuff on BBTM

I can see him trying to emulate Conway Twitty. "I see the want to in your eyes" was a line in As You Are. That came from a song of CT. I actually like that track.

I say that to say this. British accents, country stars, etc... y'all hold that. It's too stressful to be a fan of this guy. I got Apple Music. With that being said, someone shoot me the illegal download link to this crap when it drops. I'm not supporting it. Nope. This ***** gotta learn and rewarding his behavior ain't the way.

I also reserve the right to take all of this back if the joint is fire come 11/25.

Back
Top Bottom