The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Sidewalks would of been so much better without the auto tune. "And if you ain't my ***** then yo girl is single to me".

Last edited:
Definitely liked BBTM after first listen more than Starboy after first listen. Only kept half the album and deleted the rest.

Still looking forward to the show though.

:lol: repped for The Process, he's our only hope right now in Philly

Anyway. Look at Max Martin. This is what he's responsible for...

I'm sure the mainstream gonna eat Starboy up. With all that said I fox with Nothing Without You and Ordinary Life. They are good sounding songs, they def aren't "Weeknd" songs to me tho...The album as a whole is underwhelming IMO.

Hella emotion overreactions with comments like betryal and **** :lol:

Ya'll crazy to say kendrick and Future didn't body those tracks

I'm not a musical elitist so i dont mind pop but **** like rockin is trash. He should stick to his dark, dirty style of pop akin to the Hills and Starboy. Also, idk if it's just me but alotta of the more upbeat joints have an 80's vibe to them. Overall I'm feeling the album. Will give a full review after next listen.

Last edited:
I'm not a musical elitist so i dont mind pop but **** like rockin is trash. He should stick to his dark, dirty style of pop akon to the Hills and Starboy. Also, idk if it's just ne but alotta of the more upbeat joints have an 80's vibe to them. Overall I'm feeling the album. Will give a full review after next listen.
Same exact thoughts, loved those dark pop songs and definitely agree about the upbeat songs; I'm feelin' it though. After a quick second listen, this album growing on me a bit more.

Gave the album 3 more spins today. Still stand with my initial reaction. I love the album for the most part would rate it 8/10. Theres definitely 2 tracks i wish werent on the album rocking and stargirl. As far as features go i still think future has no business on this album.

For those that watch the interview it explains a lot about where hes at in life and why the album is what it is, money was always the motive

Back
Top Bottom