The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
rockin disrespect :smh:

**** is funky mane :pimp:

but i also liked that disclosure collab

Last edited:
Not even going to get deeply into this because it's creepy and unecessary but you never know with these types of artists

Saying the right things is great but you never know what these dudes is thinking and when they could revert back. On the flispide all the success could also play a factor not to mention how finding and losing his first love(s) could effect him..
Was Bella his "first love"?

Y'all making it seem like dude was sprung on her.

Since it's necessary after every release

HOB
KL
SB
EOS
Thursday
BBTM

Thursday near the bottom?

tumblr_inline_myqtx3qqZG1qm6906.gif

827 Pages and at least 750 of them has been ranking dudes projects might be an exaggeration but I digress.

Touché' Midas wale join the Frey. HOB, Thursday , EOS, Kiss Land , SB, Unreleased tracks aka the mumbling fire, BBTM.

Starboy so far gained my approval. I am interested to see how long the shelf life is for me though... my friends weren't really feeling it during the pre games this weekend unfortunately..

Played it in the car today, definitely sounded nice though...

KL
HOB
EOS
Thurs
SB
Noise EP

BBTM

EDIT:

As someone mentioned earlier...I can't call this "progression" as that implies his previous works were below what he's putting out now. The word I think of is transition

Last edited:
I see all this back and forth and think I'm viewing a spirited debate with valid points left and right, and then I see stuff like this
As of now

EOS
HOB
SB
BBTM
KL
Thursday

And swear some of the people yapping in here are the result of some sister/brother shenanigans.

Last edited:
Gonna have to run through this thread later but my early take:

Secrets is a take on the Romantics song from the 80s has this been mentioned in here?

Reminder is what Tell Your Friends should have been.

The first half of the album is fantasitc the second half drags. The Weeknd and Future sound great together. My only real complaint other then the lack luster pop songs that tail the album is basically the blend. Like how on Reminder do you say you aren't a Teen Choice and Bleach Boy but like you make True Colors and Die for you. There are enough great songs on here though to make it a great album. But as an old weeknd fan i want darkness for a whole album. I don't mind the "Wonderlust" effect like "I feel it coming" is on this album and you could say "False alarm" to an extent. But the content is what drives it for me. Like "Die for you" you are in love again? Like I thought we were back on that savage tip? Guess not?

Its just personal opinion but i would really have liked a lot more dark production (but yes i know that Abel is gone and i have to deal with it)

If nothing else I do like this album better then BBTM

Back
Top Bottom