The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I don't see how you can count Trilogy as 1 work though. It's basically 3 albums, and Kissland is on par with each one.
i listen to the repackaged version so it plays through as 1 album to me... but if you break it down each album in the trilogy is better then kissland imo... only one i feel is up for debate is thursday... and even thursday can outshine kissland depending on the mood your in.

i listen to the repackaged version so it plays through as 1 album to me... but if you break it down each album in the trilogy is better then kissland imo... only one i feel is up for debate is thursday... and even thursday can outshine kissland depending on the mood your in.

This. I Think it's pretty much common knowledge HOB>>>>>*

Trilogy aint one work. That's like rating a Michael Jackson's greatest hits collection as its own album and comparing it to MJ's stand alone albums. 

And the periodic Kissland slander has got to stop.
laugh.gif

Kissland isn't inferior to any of his other works in anyway. It's just not. 

Of course some might enjoy it more or less than his other stuff but KL meets and exceeds Abel's standards. Like for me in terms of enjoyment it's HOB = KL > EOS > Thursday but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and act like Thursday is anyway subpar relative to the rest of his work. 

Trilogy aint one work. That's like rating a Michael Jackson's greatest hits collection as its own album and comparing it to MJ's stand alone albums. 

And the periodic Kissland slander has got to stop.
laugh.gif

Of course some might enjoy it more or less than his other stuff but KL meets and exceeds Abel's standards. Like for me in terms of enjoyment it's HOB = KL > EOS > Thursday but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and act like Thursday is anyway subpar relative to the rest of his work. 
Word 
laugh.gif

Some things on KL like hooks/ choruses could of been better IMO but lyrically & vocally **** was on point.

Tired of y'all slandering young gawd's work, catch these hands 
mad.gif

And the periodic Kissland slander has got to stop. :lol:

Agree with every word.

Preface this whole post that I'm in no way trying to talk down to anyone or be rude, but:

You're dealing with dudes who said KL "isn't dark" and other dudes who just barely learned the lyrics to some of his songs

Let that simmer

Last edited:
Imma just chalk this up as one of those NT things...
It's not even about just dark..it's just not as vulgar or the usual Abel talking his ****... It's just not... I'm not saying it's garbage but I don't see how Yall could say it's on par with anything other than thursday.

Imma just chalk this up as one of those NT things...
It's not even about just dark..it's just not as vulgar or the usual Abel talking his ****... It's just not... I'm not saying it's garbage but I don't see how Yall could say it's on par with anything other than thursday.
Exactly.... Never said it was trash.... KL just isnt on point with the other records.... I mean he talking that "I got money now, so suck my ****" type **** on KL where as the stories on the trilogy were more in depth and more relatable.... I mean the line where the ***** talking bout ******* a chick then going to knock down his gal but he aint gone wash his ****..... cause he know she cheating... Bruh.... nothing is close to this type of subject matter on KL.

laugh.gif
That's definitely NOT what he's talking about on KL. What the hell.

Anyway, moving on from the boring and typical KL talk - new music. Snippet from his other song on the 50SOG soundtrack.

http://dopefile.com/vnkt012ue655
Tellin you, some of these folks be saying some wild stuff about KL. If you don't like it or think it's as "good" as the Trilogy that's one thing, but to hear some of the reasoning for it.. 
laugh.gif

Far as the new snippet, I wonder if that's a final version because his voice sounds totally different like through a different filter

Like my man stated earlier ima chalk this up to NT trolling.... Its no way that you guys ears are fully functional and can truly believe KL can compete with anything in the trilogy aside from thursday and like i said before depending on my mood thursday will still beat out the album which is Kiss Land.... 

:smh: he didn't say the whole album was about that...I'm guessing he's talking about the actual song kissland(which is probably the most "vulgar" regular abel type song on the CD IMO. He is somewhat saying he's got money now...(been staring at the same four walls for 21 years now I seen the whole world in 12 months etc, I make her suck it with gold grills etc)

like KL is not some super deep CD that's going over all our heads lol. Most of the songs are pretty simple...adaption is probably the most cliche-singer song he's ever made...that's not to say it sucks cuz it's still nice and I still jam it...it's not deep

:smh: he didn't say the whole album was about that...I'm guessing he's talking about the actual song kissland(which is probably the most "vulgar" regular abel type song on the CD IMO. He is somewhat saying he's got money now...(been staring at the same four walls for 21 years now I seen the whole world in 12 months etc, I make her suck it with gold grills etc)

like KL is not some super deep CD that's going over all our heads lol. Most of the songs are pretty simple...adaption is probably the most cliche-singer song he's ever made...that's not to say it sucks cuz it's still nice and I still jam it...it's not deep

Using 1 song to describe an entire album is ridiculous. The title track is the opposite of the rest of the album.

I think KL is a tier below the Trilogy but the reasoning people is usually illogical. Like damn. Just say that you're not feeling the vibe/sound of the album. Don't make stuff up like he was trying to go mainstream or he was talking about "i got money now" or that it's not as dark as the trilogy. None of that is even close to true.

It's not a super deep/complex album but it's still an ambitious album and a lot of it is a metaphor for his relationship with music/the industry/his fans. That DEFINITELY goes over most people's heads.

That's what I been saying :lol: the vibe isn't the same, it's deifnitely more toned down.

Anyways I'm starting to feel earned it :smokin

"I lay my head on a thousand beds

Its been a test to see how far a man

Can go without himself

I think I lost the piece that held it all in place

Now my madness is the only love I let myself embrace

I could've stayed

But I chose the life.."

Adaptation is on repeat.
smokin.gif
nthat.gif
pimp.gif

Can go without himself
I could've stayed

But I chose the life.."

Adaptation is on repeat.:smokin :nthat: :pimp:

This is one song that I constantly worries me because I know between my girl and the life that I'm going to choose the life.

But I do love the song!

Last edited:
Can go without himself
I could've stayed

But I chose the life.."

This song is probably the one I relate to the most in his entire discography. So many chances to settle down with "the one", so many times I instead said "**** that" and went off to live the life. It sucks in the long run because you lose out on potentially great relationships... But **** it. :lol: :smh:

Looks like we'll be getting some new music by the ways of a remix.

Honestly never heard the original but best believe I'm IN for this version.

Last edited:
Can go without himself
I could've stayed

But I chose the life.."

One of the greatest songs ever, production is amazing and it's The Weeknd at his best.

Flawless songwriting, dude is truly a genius.

Back
Top Bottom