The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
All the newer songs sound like what he's always wanted to make

The hints were always there on the mixtapes.
Hints? Like Dirty Diana and Lonely Star? I don't think Abel likes, or rather prefers Doc's sound, which is a shame because they sound like musical soulmates to me.

All the newer songs sound like what he's always wanted to make

The hints were always there on the mixtapes.
Hints? Like Dirty Diana and Lonely Star? I don't think Abel likes, or rather prefers Doc's sound, which is a shame because they sound like musical soulmates to me.

Glass table girls(1st half), the birds part 1, Montreal...and so on

But yeah even DD doing a mike impression man. Dudes knows who/want he wants to be

Last edited:
The Knowing [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji] production is epic AF.....on some sex, drugs & rock n roll ****

since it sounds like he's transitioning into a more pop / mainstream sound, do any of y'all mess with the Snakehips remix of Wanderlust?

The Wonderlust remix is cool, if he was doing more pop sounding stuff like that I'm ******* with it.

I'm not tryna hear Max Martin I respect what he's done but that sound is generic and he's never been generic.

Definitely will have to catch him next time he hits northern Cali. Still mad I missed him in SF last tour.
Don't worry I was there. He said he's doing shows in the Bay once a year from here on out on gp alone. 
pimp.gif

The show at the Berkeley Greek theatre in 2013 was special for the Gawd. 

Last edited:
Who's the other dude though?

I don't know if I trust Dre at this point. Has he made any nice beats lately? I don't eem know 

They were all involved in Apple's Apple Music event, so they took that picture.

I wouldn't be surprised if some music gets made as a result though. Always here for more OVOXO.

How long Dre been off that juice? Come to think of it wow I guess those og beats commercials were damn near five years ago.

I know I saw on Twitter recently that Drake hinted at new music with The Weeknd.

Think it might of been at his Governor's Ball performance? 

I doubt we get anything from Dre x Drake x Weeknd. Be cool but that's just wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom