The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Plaza.

It’s actually a little flagrant tbh. but I fell into a Plaza binge last year—was listening to dude every day for like 3 months. He’s apparently signed to OvO

“Run This” and “Personal” particularly. If you miss The Weeknd, that’s as close as you’re going to get.

Once again, it’s almost flagrant copying. Should also mention that he doesn’t even appear to make music anymore. :lol:

Last edited:
in your eyes is so dope. i feel like the Weeknds music always hits extra hard when the weather starts turning and the city light become a little brighter, nights a little darker and longer..

i referenced this in the past but damn that last tape hit hard in the fall and this song in your eyes just takes me somewhere. good stuff

I’m coming around to the writing on BBTM. While the sound got different, the bars top tier.

Last edited:
Finally started listening to After Hours last night then finished the rest this morning as while driving, and I on 1st impression I must say that this is his best album. The previous 3 especially the 1st 2 had dud's on them resulting in me zoning out & the songs becoming background noise. He also to managed blend himself well over that synthy polished pop production while still being himself w/o it feeling forced & inauthentic like on his previous records (excluding "Save Your Tears").

I liked Starboy b/c he showed that didn't lose it in regards to making a body of work, and although the highlights on that record is a bit higher ("I Feel It Coming", "Starboy", "Party Monster", "True Colours", "Secrets", etc), After Hours is the better body of work. Truly a dope album, and if I ever come across it in a store I'll buy it.

Some highlights for me were:
Snowchild
Faith
Repeat After Me (Interlude)

You smoking crack if you listen to Kissland and hear duds. It's his magnum opus.

But yes, After Hours is dope and his next best strictly looking at the studio albums.

Finally started listening to After Hours last night then finished the rest this morning as while driving, and I on 1st impression I must say that this is his best album. The previous 3 especially the 1st 2 had dud's on them resulting in me zoning out & the songs becoming background noise. He also to managed blend himself well over that synthy polished pop production while still being himself w/o it feeling forced & inauthentic like on his previous records (excluding "Save Your Tears").

I liked Starboy b/c he showed that didn't lose it in regards to making a body of work, and although the highlights on that record is a bit higher ("I Feel It Coming", "Starboy", "Party Monster", "True Colours", "Secrets", etc), After Hours is the better body of work. Truly a dope album, and if I ever come across it in a store I'll buy it.

Some highlights for me were:
Snowchild
Faith
Repeat After Me (Interlude)

After Hours is definitely a classic but you didn't like MDM :wow: :smh::frown:

You smoking crack if you listen to Kissland and hear duds. It's his magnum opus.

But yes, After Hours is dope and his next best strictly looking at the studio albums.
I brought Kissland (dope packaging), something about it is off til this day. Like on the Trilogy it sounded like a genuinely dark person. A piece of **** for lack of better words. On Kissland it sounded like he was trying to be piece of ****. Like he was playing a character. I probably would've liked it more had I heard it b4 the trilogy though.
After Hours is definitely a classic but you didn't like MDM :wow: :smh::frown:
Good god, just b/c you like something doesn't mean u have to label it "classic". HOB is a classic. It changed the soundscape til this day. It's still sounds original & has aged well.

MDM was coo. Probably won't ever listen to it again unless someone puts it on, and if they do I wouldn't be mad. It's coo.

I brought Kissland (dope packaging), something about it is off til this day. Like on the Trilogy it sounded like a genuinely dark person. A piece of **** for lack of better words. On Kissland it sounded like he was trying to be piece of ****. Like he was playing a character. I probably would've liked it more had I heard it b4 the trilogy though.

Good god, just b/c you like something doesn't mean u have to label it "classic". HOB is a classic. It changed the soundscape til this day. It's still sounds original & has aged well.

MDM was coo. Probably won't ever listen to it again unless someone puts it on, and if they do I wouldn't be mad. It's coo.

Nah you read between the lines and Kiss Land obviously his good guy album.

Aside from the title track and Live For, it's nothing but longing and vulnerability.

still wild annoyed by the album version till the is day:

tenor (28).gif

Back
Top Bottom