The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
after two listens I kept:

out of time
Here we go again
Best friends
Is there someone else
Heard you’re married

First half of the album is like too 80s for me . Will listen again tomorrow on my flight

Less than zero fire to me too now.

Job well done weeknd!!
C3D96CB3-2A1C-4243-9248-ECF4C48A9ED2.png

:pimp:

Day 1 fan here. Good music is good music and it shouldn’t require drugs. I spent my 20’s bumping his catalogue as my soundtrack. Three years sober and I listen to music a lot more critically. This is mid. His song writing is average. His melodies are stale. His voice and artistic vision carry his work a lot these days. His features have been belowwww mid for a minute and this is just a step above that. After hours had some really high moments but it also had a lot of mid as well making it a 6.5/7-10 overall.

This was my fav artist at one point and I’d be glad to walk these comments if the music clicks with me. I don’t see that happening. I would have liked his music to take a Stevie wonder/Prince/MJ hybrid direction but here he is 30+ Still crying about heart break and drugs. At some point you have to evolve ….

Pre onset washedness got to me last night couldn’t stay up for the live listen. Listened to first ten tracks on the way to work Ngl on first listen everything between dawn FM and the Quincy interlude was very skippable, the songs in that stretch aren’t bad they good but not memorable RN wouldn’t go outta my way to replay those but if it came on I’d listen. Started picking up after the Quincy interlude for me out of time and here we go 🔥but gotta listen to the rest later

Last edited:
Damn. I hate this. Time for me to hang it up.

He still made the best music I've ever heard in my life and I'll just hold onto that.

He took the 80s vibe and just went too far.

Wayne sucked, why even get him as a feature?

Jim Carrey > Abel
Yeah the Wayne thing was a waste. Prob doing him a solid or something from back in the day

The whole album has pop producers he definitely leaned into it as much as possible

Back
Top Bottom