The Wire Turns 10 ...

I was finally caught up with BB and wanted to watch The Wire next. I truly did. I gave it a try but after 5 mins in, they showed the opening theme and I felt like I was watching something from the early 90s :smh: :x. Maybe next time, I'll stick to BB and start Game of Thrones or Spartacus.

".........................You're not killing them yourself McNulty, at least assure me of that."

Rawls was a funny guy. And reasonable.

wire fans gona tell me the first 5/6 episodes of season 2 were good... i started the show in april.. got thru the 1st season fine, i understood the direction the show was headed. season 1 ends then all of a sudden im watching an hours worth of that case about those dead broads, like 26 seconds worth of barksdale stuff.

i told everyone to **** and not to tell me anything about the show so i can watch it as if the show started the day i started watching. i was assuming that the show would be about the barksdale investigation, and having to watch the uninteresting and unrelated port of baltimore case was like wtf to me. 

its like if breaking bad in season 2 suddenly switched from walt and jesse to badger and that other dirty fiend being investigated for selling dirt weed or something. i feel like skipping season 2 of the wire in its entirety because it just put me to sleep. 

i know i know, i "just dont get it":rolleyes

took the words right out of my mouth

season 2 turned me away and i never looked back

kingpin >>> the wire

".........................You're not killing them yourself McNulty, at least assure me of that."

Rawls was a funny guy. And reasonable.
did you peep the faces people made when Rawls made semi gay comments?

the underlying theme of him being gay was subtle... you had to look for it...

when i seen him in the gay bar, doe...

:wow: :wow:

whats interesting is how the show gets quoted...

i was watching How I Met Your Mother and they quoted Marlo,

"The Game is The Game"

whats interesting is how the show gets quoted...
i was watching How I Met Your Mother and they quoted Marlo,
"The Game is The Game"

Why are you watching How I Met Your Mother though
j/k I love that show too btw

I was more upset Wallace and D got killed than Bodie. I didn't want Prop Joe to go out like that either. I hated Cheese.

Rawls wasnt reasonable...he was a tool...only time he was fair was because he had no choice to be because of higher authority

Everywhere he goes people say to him "Bill Rawls, you are a reasonable ******* guy."

I was finally caught up with BB and wanted to watch The Wire next. I truly did. I gave it a try but after 5 mins in, they showed the opening theme and I felt like I was watching something from the early 90s :smh: :x. Maybe next time, I'll stick to BB and start Game of Thrones or Spartacus.

the thing about the wire, as it compares with breaking bad, is that the city & its issues are the main characters really; it is less about any particular person, though the story is told through many characters...it all weaves together and makes sense once you make it through. it doesn't have any of the huge action scenes, nor is it as visually or sonically (traditionally anyway) as breaking bad, but the storytelling is on a whole 'nother level...

When Marlo "dealt" with Little Kevin I literally felt sick to my stomach.

Bunny Colvin, Marlo and Bodie(and obviously Omar) were my favorite characters. Loved Poot, too.

Just recently ripped my box collection (season 1, 2 & 3 so far)...and put them on my ipad to watch on business flights...

When Bodie got got....dayum! It was a gloom day in LA amongst me and the homies...

The "90's feel" of the theme is intentional by the director to keep it grimey...
I relate it to RZA never cleaning up his drums on 36 Chambers....
It was intentional to have that "industrial" "dirty" sound.....
I think it adds to the sum of the whole....

I think season 2 is definitely essential to the whole series, but without staying to watch season 3 & 4...
it's meaningless....

As separate as each season is, they are all very intertwined with each other (this is why I think it makes it such a great series)...
you get to see every aspect of why Season 1 was the intro...

I just watched the ep last night where Cheese lost "his dog" and they snatch him up thinking they got a case...
Method Man was pretty funny.....and not that bad at acting either....

Just started watching this. Been meaning to watch it for awhile now but just got around to it. I'm about four episodes into season 1 and i like it so far.

Just recently ripped my box collection (season 1, 2 & 3 so far)...and put them on my ipad to watch on business flights...
When Bodie got got....dayum! It was a gloom day in LA amongst me and the homies...
The "90's feel" of the theme is intentional by the director to keep it grimey...
I relate it to RZA never cleaning up his drums on 36 Chambers....
It was intentional to have that "industrial" "dirty" sound.....
I think it adds to the sum of the whole....
I think season 2 is definitely essential to the whole series, but without staying to watch season 3 & 4...
it's meaningless....
As separate as each season is, they are all very intertwined with each other (this is why I think it makes it such a great series)...
you get to see every aspect of why Season 1 was the intro...
I just watched the ep last night where Cheese lost "his dog" and they snatch him up thinking they got a case...
Method Man was pretty funny.....and not that bad at acting either....
Also Randy's pops. Wagstaff.

Back
Top Bottom