The Wire

Season II was a departure from the street hustling. I was bored with it but with my second view of it it wasnt that bad.

I personally like Seasons 4-5

smh.gif
How can yall hate on Wallace? Dude was taking care ofmad little kids, making sure they went to school and his boys straight up did him

I got the dvds and I just finished season 2

Stringer is by far my favorite character, because he's all about the business and is thinking about this with a corporate mindset, but Omar is the star ofthe show, when you look past the scenes where he's toungin dudes he's crazy, and its just messed up how all of the higher ups do everything in theirpower to make sure McNulty and them only solve what they want them to solve to keep their %#+#$ covered

and for one more thing, how is Lost a good show? How long can they stay on that damn island? Someone told me it was moving through time? Get outta here wthat
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

smh.gif
How can yall hate on Wallace? Dude was taking care of mad little kids, making sure they went to school and his boys straight up did him

I got the dvds and I just finished season 2

Stringer is by far my favorite character, because he's all about the business and is thinking about this with a corporate mindset, but Omar is the star of the show, when you look past the scenes where he's toungin dudes he's crazy, and its just messed up how all of the higher ups do everything in their power to make sure McNulty and them only solve what they want them to solve to keep their %#+#$ covered

and for one more thing, how is Lost a good show? How long can they stay on that damn island? Someone told me it was moving through time? Get outta here w that
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

you hate on Lost, yet you have a soft spot for Wallace
ole Namond lookin boy

I wouldn't expect the typical NT'er to figure out how incredibly amazing the show is. They have no understanding of how complex that show was. Youcan't just watch one season, you have to watch all of them, and realize all five season tie in together in a grand scheme. No show has ever accomplishedwhat The Wire did.

wallace was gonna get it sooner or later. and regardless of how season 2 fit and tied everything in together, i still didnt like it.

Originally Posted by BC2310

The Wire is straight crack, best storyline/sub plots in a Television Series
Acting/Actors: Sopranos>Wire
Overall Story :Wire>Sopranos
I'd say the best comparison is The Wire was the better show, but The Sopranos was the more important show.

Wallace was just a boy amongst men. Product of his environment and I know what they did to him had to be done, but I can't front like I aint want dude tojust leave the game and have a happy ending. Now what happened to Bodie man that %#$# was epic to me. Like %#$# like that is just not fair, I know it's adirty game, but even then he did it all the right way. Seeing him go out like that really makes me wonder just what role some of us are meant to play in life,and if there is any escaping it.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Wallace was just a boy amongst men. Product of his environment and I know what they did to him had to be done, but I can't front like I aint want dude to just leave the game and have a happy ending. Now what happened to Bodie man that %#$# was epic to me. Like %#$# like that is just not fair, I know it's a dirty game, but even then he did it all the right way. Seeing him go out like that really makes me wonder just what role some of us are meant to play in life, and if there is any escaping it.

It had to be done. Bodie was about to snitch. Marlo takes ZERO chances when it comes to people talkin to the police. Little Kevin and Big Face Andre got thesame treatment

Wallace was just a boy amongst men. Product of his environment and I know what they did to him had to be done, but I can't front like I aint want dude to just leave the game and have a happy ending. Now what happened to Bodie man that %#$# was epic to me. Like %#$# like that is just not fair, I know it's a dirty game, but even then he did it all the right way. Seeing him go out like that really makes me wonder just what role some of us are meant to play in life, and if there is any escaping it.
I was like
eek.gif
when wallace got killed but Bodie....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif

show is really good, aint finished yet (got 5 episodes left) But damn Omar is that dude
laugh.gif

Dude somehow lived in that apartment gunfight
eek.gif
pimp.gif

any of yall ever think that Omar's gay boyfriend look like Kevin Martin from the kings?

kevin_martin-arton21077-240x240.jpg

The Wire might be the most overrated show of all time.

?

BEST. SHOW. EVER. Nothing EVER delved that deep into the causes and effects of post-industrial America -- this explains A LOT, not just about the drug game, orBaltimore, but about urban life in the US.

Let me interpolate a Kurt Cobain quote I just heard: "For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, none ispossible" - Kurt Cobain.

People need to get off Season 2. It's great. It introduced Brother Mouzone and Cheese and the Greek. The parts where Herc is doing the buys has me
roll.gif
every time I see them. It might be my favorite season...

Omar and a few other people from the wire are in Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out The Dead from 1999, sick film.

this show makes the sopranos look like a friggin CARTOON. Mind you that I love the sopranos. The wire is without a doubt the most ambitious, realistic, painfultelevision show ever produced.

btw if you can't comprehend why people are upset over characters like wallace, D, and bodie getting killed than the show may be a bit over your head. Theshow is not about glamorizing dealers. It's the tale of an American city failing. Poeple are born into the kind of life the wire portrays.

-dealers
-dirty police/clean police
-judges/lawyers
-politicians
-prostitutes
-junkies
-honest tax paying workers

the wire deals with all the different types of people that make up an urban city. The five seasons tell one giant story that is cyclical. This **** doesn'tend. What other show had the balls to end on such a sad note? What other show would have a child kill off the most powerful and loved character on the show?The makers of the sopranos didn't have the balls to even properly end their series. The wire is a complete package.

and why the hell are sitcoms even being talked about in this thread?

Originally Posted by DaMysteryMan

It had to be done. Bodie was about to snitch. Marlo takes ZERO chances when it comes to people talkin to the police. Little Kevin and Big Face Andre got the same treatment

bodie played by the rule tho, he understood Marlo was just OD'ing. He would never snitch on no barksdale ppl, always did what he was told, but Marlo justgot TOO big and was bodying dudes just for looking at him ( security gaurd).

Im 21, i think season 2 aired back when i was in HS and i didnt really like it much, this past spring I was bored and watched all 5 seasons and season 2 defcaught my attention more, the greek and how they went about theirs was so dope. And it completed the 5 season cycle.

And to the kix4kix I really cannot believe you call this show OVERRATED. i mean I would think you would have to get praise and accomplishments from thegeneral public to even be considered overrated. Entourage and The Sorpranos take home NUMEROUS emmy's every year, yet the wire rarely even getsacknowledge.

IMO the wire is the best show because their not afraid to go againt what the audience wants. They keep it as real as The Game would allow it. Killin Omar,Stringer, Bodie, all fan favorites I dont think other shows would do that.

Lost ( my favorite current series) is good but its sci-fi so they can just make up ANYTHING and its like
eek.gif
they don't have to follow a story line if they mess up they can just makeanother episode fixing their mistake.

1a. The Wire
1b LOST

2. The Game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom