The Wrestler has got to have the worst ending ever!

indifferent.gif

Thought it would be a great movie and it was, except for the ending. Am I alone on this one?
People were saying this should have won over Slumdog Millionaire?

Yeah, I hate cliffhanger endings on movies. I know the director wants you to make up your own decisions on what happens after, but finish your damn movie. Idon't care if it's a happy or sad ending, just end your story. Great movie though

Originally Posted by YardFather

Sorry sir. But the ending is not good, but great.

Explain how it could have ended better?

Any ending better than the one it had. Like the dude above you said, I hate cliffhangers. They need to finish the movie and not have me thinking about ifthere's gonna be a part 2 or what. I was enjoying it but then it just ends.

It was a perfect ending - a frustrating, but accurate, reflection of the type of life that the Ram had made for himself.

Art is not always happy or convenient. That's what makes it art.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

I like happy and convenient art. Guess we all have different tastes in "art".
For sure. I was offended beyond belief when Crash won best picture. I couldn't believe that crap.

It was obvious he was going to die in the ring... I guess Aronofsky just didnt want to end the movie with Ram on a stretcher or just lying on the mat. I likedthe ending though.

It's better than Slumdog. Yeah I said it.

Originally Posted by 18key

It was obvious he was going to die in the ring... I guess Aronofsky just didnt want to end the movie with Ram on a stretcher or just lying on the mat. I liked the ending though.

But you're from Portland. Your opinion doesn't matter.

laugh.gif
jk. Idk, I kinda wanted to see him like at the hospital with his daughter at the side or something. We don't even get to see what happens with hisdaughter or that stripper.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by 18key

It was obvious he was going to die in the ring... I guess Aronofsky just didnt want to end the movie with Ram on a stretcher or just lying on the mat. I liked the ending though.

But you're from Portland. Your opinion doesn't matter.

laugh.gif
jk. Idk, I kinda wanted to see him like at the hospital with his daughter at the side or something. We don't even get to see what happens with his daughter or that stripper.

laugh.gif

I mean,
Spoiler [+]
it would have been nice to see him reconnect with his daughter, but I suppose he felt like he lost any chance of that. And he lost any chance at stripper, so all he had was the ring. Which he loved enough to die in, maybe. We'll never know.

The problem is The Wrestler is a great movie with the story and acting going for it. It was a solid contender, but with SM having the cinematography, lighting,story, colors, music and acting all together as a package there was just no way it was going to lose.

I enjoyed The Wrestler a lot and it deserves the rating it got, it just wasnt going to beat out SM.

The Wrestler was a great movie. It's refreshing to have a movie not succumb to satisfy the audience by giving them the ending they want and expect.

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

Has anybody seen the movie "In Bruges"? I didn't like that ending but it didn't make the movie any worse

Yes. I love that movie.
Spoiler [+]
The ending was like The Wrestler, yes, and it's still set up the same. Like he was on his way to death, but we dont know for sure if he died. I loved the ending, for the only reason that we can choose whether or not he lived/died/was stuck in Bruges/purgatory forever. Those damn Canadians
smh.gif
You gotta check out the IMDB boards for In Bruges, theres mad arguments about the ending.

i liked it, and the ending.

however, i still believe CLOVERFIELD is the worst movie ever made and has the worst ending (if you can even call it an ending). what a piece of crap
smh.gif

I liked the ending...there was so much symbolism in the last 5-10 minutes of the movie. You realize WHY wrestling made sense to Randy. The ending totallyleaves things up to the viewer to interpret and discuss. What more could you ask for? Do you need everything to be explained when a movie ends? I like the factthat it was so open-ended....

The Wrestler IMO > Slumdog

Mickey Rourke had one of the best acting performances I have seen in recent years....dude was totally believable....

Back
Top Bottom