THEE OFFICIAL 2010-2011 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD : CONGRATS MAVS FANS

I seriously hope that Cav fans are mature enough to not seriously have any malicious intent towards Bron when we play them on Thursday ..... nevertheless I can understand why they were and still may be upset with him. Personally, I feel the Cav's have moved on as an organization. But the fans however, maybe not so much...we will see come Thursday

laugh.gif
at 4 heat related thread on the 1st page of NT s&t...

ego check at the door... spo needs to tell lebron and wade who has the better advantage against their opponents and go after them....
if we are playing a team with a weak SF... lebron needs to go out there and kill it while wade and bosh pick up the rest of the slack/screens and what not...
if we are playing against a team with a strong SF and a weak SG.. wade needs to kill it, and have lebron feed him while lebron and bosh pick up the slack..
i think that is how it can work with ball dominant players that can also pass the ball pretty well.... EGO CHECK..

do you guys think that teams should play serious all the time or have fun and let the game come to you?

HEAT TAKE ONE STEP TOWARD A BETTER PATH
Spoiler [+]
MIAMI -- With about six minutes left in the first quarter of Monday night's game, Miami Heat forward LeBron James caught a pass on the wing, lined up for what would have been an ill-advised 3-point shot, considered his options and then improvised.

James made a head fake to get past his defender, took two dribbles toward the basket and pulled up for a 15-foot jumper that swished through the net. As he jogged back down on defense, James looked over to the Heat's bench. He spotted coach Erik Spoelstra applauding.

Staying within the offense and taking a shot in rhythm was the sort of decision from James that came with no backlash, but rather pats on the back during the next timeout. James got off to his best start of the season Monday, scoring 20 of his game-high 30 points in the first half to lead the Heat past the Washington Wizards 105-94 at AmericanAirlines Arena.

If James and Spoelstra were fueled by the controversy between them and the adversity the Heat have faced the past few days, they all could use a few more doses of that kind of drama as they try to hit a stride and emerge from their early-season struggles. After clearing the air during a meeting with Spoelstra earlier Monday, James responded with the type of balanced performance the Heat expected.

After working to settle disputes over James' role on offense and tinkering with a few sets and his playing rotation, Spoelstra saw his team score its most points in seven games and take a much-needed step toward normalcy following a chaotic stretch in which Miami (10-
glasses.gif
had lost four of its previous five games.

It all started with open and honest communication -- something Spoelstra insists he'll seek more of with James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as the Heat try to turn this painful start into a prosperous run.

"I want [James'] input. I want Dwyane's input. I want Chris' input," Spoesltra said of an improved dialogue with his star players to help them develop a comfort level within the offense. "I hope we're moving in the right direction. It's a step in the right direction. Now, we move on."

Before the game, Spoelstra acknowledged Wade and James haven't found a comfort level with the offense, which has been the root of the players' frustration. Spoelstra also admitted that he's been struggling in his search for answers, but said he would welcome their suggestions and incorporate them into the game plan. Some of the tweaks paid off against the Wizards, who weren't much more than a needed sparring partner to help the Heat through a painful process.

There were sets that featured Wade and James on opposite sides of the floor to give them more space with which to work. Spoelstra also played point guards Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers more to ensure that Wade and James would spend less time handling the ball and more time filling the wings.

James made 10 of 18 shots from the field and nine of 11 free throws, and had six rebounds and five assists in what would have been one of his most efficient games with the Heat had it not been for seven turnovers. Wade missed six of his first seven shots but shook off the rusty start and finished with 26 points, eight rebounds, six assists and four steals.

There were moments when Wade and James worked in tandem. But there were other times when separating Wade and James proved to be a productive solution.

"I think I'm starting to figure things out," James said. "We have the scorers, but at the same time, we have to figure out how we can complement each other on the court. Right now, it's times when we both pay attention too much when we're on the court together. But as soon as one of us comes out, we say, 'OK, it's time to be aggressive.' We've got to find a balance when we're both on the court. Who's going to be aggressive, and if we're both going to be aggressive, how do we keep each other in the flow of the game? Tonight was a good step for that. We both felt in a good rhythm."

That's been rare for the Heat. And it's been tough for Wade, James and Bosh to play with any sense of cohesiveness on a consistent basis. But all three were able to find their offensive rhythm by attacking the basket and getting to the free throw line, where Wade, James and Bosh were a combined 29-for-35.

That was the plan from the moment Wade and James met before Monday's game.

"As I told LeBron before the game, I was up late last night, watching old games, YouTube and all that," Wade said. "I was watching LeBron, and I was like, 'That's the LeBron I fell in love with and I know as a basketball player.' And I haven't seen that [in Miami]. I just want him to be that, to be him, to have fun with the game. Just be you and enjoy it. I think tonight was the second time this year we both felt comfortable with each other taking over and not necessarily worrying when we're going to get a shot and where we're going to get the ball."

At least the lines of communication appear to be more open than they've ever been in Miami.

"That's the most important thing -- communication between professionals," Bosh said. "We're all professionals here. There are no hard feelings if something's not working. We can come to each other and say, 'Yo, it's not working. Let's get better. Let's do this."

Bosh said the key to being open to constructive criticism is being open-minded.

"Small changes, big changes, it really doesn't matter," Bosh said. "We all made big changes to come here together. So what's a little more moving around [on the court] going to do? It's minute."

That process remains a work in progress for the Heat.

"Do I have all the answers with that? No," Spoelstra said. "But I'm not going to back off on demands for effort, our defensive disposition and energy. That's something we have to bring every single night, every single possession. My job right now on the offensive end is to find a comfort level for all of the guys. We have not found that yet. I don't have all the answers for that right now. I'm exploring them."
via ESPN

by Michael Wallace
What makes me content is that they're supporting Spo. Having Wade say that he doesn't want Riley to coach was pretty important as well. Shows signs of the chemistry slowly forming more and more firmly! Not to mention we needed that win amidst that losing streak we were on.

Haslem_Udonis_mia.jpg
Heat forward Udonis Haslem is sidelined indefinitely with a torn ligament in his left foot, but he still wants to accompany his teammates to Cleveland for Thursday's game against the Cavaliers.

The game will mark the first time LeBron James has returned to play at Quicken Loans Arena since he left the Cavaliers as a free agent this past July.

"I would love to be there in Cleveland," Haslem said. "I want a piece of that. By any means necessary. You can take the other foot if you let me go to Cleveland."

It's expected that Haslem will not accompany Miami when the team flies to Ohio late Wednesday night; typically, injured Heat players don't travel on one-game road trips.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...m_wants_to_travel_to_cleveland/#ixzz16qnSUePh

1966.jpg

LeBron James 8-15 FG | 1-2 FT | 6 REB | 3 AST | 18 PTS | +17

GRADE B+

LeBron moved purposefully along the baseline on the game's first offensive possession to position himself for a driving layup, and the smart off-ball work continued from there. His 11-point first quarter may have been his most efficient of the season. He didn't indulge his jones for the long jumper until the game was far out of reach.

1987.jpg

Dwyane Wade 7-9 FG | 2-5 FT | 2 REB | 1 AST | 16 PTS | +19

GRADE C+

Wade spent the evening in perpetual foul trouble. He played only nine minutes in the first half and failed to get a shot off from the field. Once the Pistons were cooked, Wade took control of garbage time and compiled a semi-impressive line.

nba_g_bosh2_65.jpg

Chris Bosh 6-11 FG | 4-8 FT | 7 REB | 4 AST | 16 PTS | +23

GRADE B

Bosh's off-the-ball movement was as good as it has been all season. He took his steady diet of jumpers from the foul-line extended, but sprinkled in a few smart cuts. Is Bosh beginning to realize that if he aspires to be more than an elbow jump-shooter, he must be more creative in the half court?

mia.gif

Off the Ball Movement

GRADE A-

NBA rules stipulate that players may move freely through the lane, provided they don't stay longer than three seconds. The 2010-11 Heat reportedly received word of this prior to the game. Their scorers proceeded to create opportunities on a cuts, weakside actions and sharp timing. Finally.

nba_g_chalmers01_576.jpg

James Riley/NBAE
It's taken a few weeks, but Mario Chalmers has earned a spot in the Heat's rotation and could fire up the offense.

To someone unfamiliar with the Heat’s substitution patterns this season, the play-by-play text with 27 seconds left in the first quarter may have appeared utterly trivial.

Mario Chalmers enters the game for Carlos Arroyo.

It’s not much but this seemingly negligible move may have large implications for the Heat as the season progresses. After the game, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra called it “one small tweak

laugh.gif
i deleted my post... i had a feeling your +%+ was gonna post something... im talking about the newer girls, most of the girls you posted are the ones from last year, that i def enjoyed....

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
i deleted my post... i had a feeling your +%+ was gonna post something... im talking about the newer girls, most of the girls you posted are the ones from last year, that i def enjoyed....

laugh.gif
 I was about to say fam lol ...the new ones are decent ... R.I.P  to Nancy Lopez-Ruiz

56105484.jpg

frown.gif

YoungTriz wrote:
red x's homie

smh

but back to the heat good article ...above  something tells me Rio is gonna get the start tonight ..the offense just flowed with him in as in royo
looks for his shot to much ..
tired.gif

we looking good out there... cavs players talking to lebron while we are killing them on the court....

great game by the squad tonight ..... Lets just keep this momentum for the road trip ahead

yup... all the !$!%@$!* can stay in the other thread.... good work team.... JJ came through, cant wait till miller and haslem come back.... is it me or do you think we need that one player.. the hot headed one what dont give a $!@#, the $!@# talker.... bring on ATL

yup... all the !$!%@$!* can stay in the other thread.... good work team.... JJ came through, cant wait till miller and haslem come back.... is it me or do you think we need that one player.. the hot headed one what dont give a $!@#, the $!@# talker.... bring on ATL
But alas my friend ... we do!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20216a663f950df2b18127001691f2421198ca28_r.png

But like you said Triz ..... on to the next and we face an ATL team that unfortunately is without Joe Johnson due to injury. Still expect the Hawks to play well regardless though

anyone have stats with bosh vs j smith? beasley and haslem were able to handle him, beasley being athletic and haslem with power... we always had good games against ATL..

anyone have stats with bosh vs j smith? beasley and haslem were able to handle him, beasley being athletic and haslem with power... we always had good games against ATL..

Stats from 2009-2010 NBA season head to head:

12-2-09
Bosh -- 2pts, 5rebs 15.8 minutes
Smith -- 16pts, 4rebs, 4ast, 4blk 21.0 minutes
146-115 Hawks

12-11-09
Bosh -- 14pts, 10rebs, 3ast 36.2 minutes
Smith -- 9pts, 8rebs, 4ast, 3stls, 2blks 34.6 minutes
111-89 Hawks

03-17-10
Bosh -- 14pts, 10rebs, 4ast, 1stl 33 minutes
Smith -- 14pts, 10rebs, 7ast, 1stl, 2blks 37.7 minutes