THEE OFFICIAL 2010-2011 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD : CONGRATS MAVS FANS

jones.. 30min 5 points
30t6p3b.gif

Wow!.... thats just strength!!

SN: I've noticed that YUKU got they !!+ together and haven't had a DP in a while ... Did I miss something?? lol

seems like the 2k servers and yuku are trying to see who'e better.... we really need wade out there to dish out assist....

haaaa
laugh.gif
.. Couldnt agree more Fam. Yea having him out there would put so much more pressure on opposing defenses along with the assists but I still like what I see from our role players. Mainly Haslem and House.

And honestly I think thats what we'll expect from him this season. Quietly being a great glue for our team without really having to be that vocal. I'd guess probably a season avg of 12pts and 9rebs is very realistic for UD. Final preseason game is tomorrow in Tampa and I'll be at the game. Hopefully I can get close enough to get Lebron to autograph my Pre Heats 
laugh.gif
and sell em for aGizzillion dollars!!! (Just Jokes) lol .. dont even have the Pre Heats!

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

trust.... being a heat fan on NT is a rare breed.. there was only a few of us that i could have counted on my fingers... through out the years we have been pretty laid back fans, never really talking !$+@ about other teams ( like laker/cavs fans the last 3-5 years ) stiil kept it respectful while still throwing some jabs here and there... and with new fans coming through we dotn wanna get cocky and give us a fans a bad rep...

CHURCH!

Denton: Sunshine State Rivalry Officially Begins
b47367fe64c73758967f076af3ddb2889d994298_r.jpg

By John Denton
October 21, 2010

ORLANDO – Much has already been made of the offseason sniping back and forth between the Orlando Magic and the Miami Heat, but the reality now is that the two hated, heated rivals could be very good for one another this season.

With both teams clearly being among the NBA’s elite, they know that the likelihood is that it will take at least 60 wins to capture the Southeast Division title. In head-to-head battles, they will measure themselves against one another and undoubtedly on a nightly basis they will wonder how the other has fared.

With Dwight Howard, Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis in Orlando and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, both know the margin for error will be small. The competition, both from afar during the season and head-to-head – as with tonight’s preseason game between Orlando and Miami in Tampa – will be intense and, if the summer is any indication, filled with vitriol. And that could be a very good thing for both sides.

``I think with everybody when you are sensing more of a challenge and more teams are good near you, it helps,’’ Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. ``I think it’s good because it requires more from us in every aspect and in commitment. Competition forces you to be better. And that’s really a good thing.’’

Orlando, the NBA’s most dominant team in the preseason at 7-0 and a gaudy 25-point average margin of victory, concludes the exhibition season in style tonight in Tampa against the Heat. The Sunshine State rivalry had laid dormant much of the past decade as the Heat have been down while the Magic were on top and in years prior the Magic struggled while the Heat were dominant.

Now, with Miami’s additions of James and Bosh and the Magic coming off consecutive seasons where they have made the NBA Finals and Eastern Conference Finals, Florida could shift from being a football-crazy state to the epicenter of the NBA.

``I think now Florida is kind of looked at as the basketball capital now,’’ Magic power forward Ryan Anderson said. ``I think we definitely have somewhat of a rivalry, and we’re definitely going to be fighting every day for that No. 1 spot. And I think the fact that they are so close, and just our coaching staff is so close, everybody is connected with the Heat somehow it seems like. They know our game, we know theirs. But obviously they have great players, and so do we. So I think we’re definitely going to go out there and play hard every time we see them.’’

Exactly what kind of team that the Heat puts on the floor Friday night is up in the air. Wade hasn’t worked with the team for almost two weeks because of a strained hamstring and divorce proceedings, and he isn’t expected to return to the court until the weekend. And sweet-shooting guard Mike Miller suffered a serious thumb injury this week that could require surgery and knock him out of action for several months.

The Magic are leery of just how serious the Heat, who play in Atlanta on Thursday night, will take Friday’s exhibition game. But they’ve shown no slack off in their play so far this preseason, smothering teams defensively by holding them to just 77.7 points a game and 35 percent shooting. That has led to the 25-point blowouts on average and a Magic preseason win streak that has reached 21 over the last three seasons.

The Magic open the regular season at the Amway Center on Oct. 28 against the Washington Wizards and then travel to South Florida a night later to battle the Heat in Miami’s home-opener. With that early-season showdown in mind, Lewis said Orlando will use this Friday’s exhibition to begin to get a feel for the Heat regardless of who plays for them.

``Most definitely, we can take a lot from Friday night. We’ll see how we matchup against them, see how we defend them and see what we can run to exploit those guys,’’ Lewis said. ``And I’m sure we’ll be doing a lot of film watching after that game to know what we’re facing in that Game 2. It’s always great to win and we’re not trying to lose a game when we step on the court. We haven’t lost any preseason games the last two years and now it’s going on a (third) year. Guys are talking about that in the locker room and we don’t want to ever lose.’’

That will be a good mindset going into the regular season what with the Magic and Heat expected to battle it out, first, for the Southeast Division crown, and ultimately for the East’s top playoff seed. Van Gundy said he thought his players were driven somewhat this offseason by the Heat’s additions of James and Bosh, but he thought that the playoff loss to Boston was even more of a motivating factor.

Howard has scoffed at most of the talk about the Heat all preseason, and he reiterated on Thursday that the Magic were setting their sights much higher than simply trying to beat the Heat.

``They’ve added a couple more pieces and both of us are on that mission to win a championship. Every game with them is going to be a good one,’’ Howard said. ``But we’re trying to win a championship. We’re not competing against the Miami Heat. That’s where people get mixed up, thinking we have to beat the Heat. But they aren’t the only team in the league. If we focus on just trying to beat them we’ll lose focus of our real goal of winning a championship.’’

Magic guard J.J. Redick didn’t shy away from the fact that Orlando will likely have to get past the Heat this season to reach their stated goal of winning a NBA championship. He has said that this Magic team is the most focused and serious that he’s ever been a part of it, and the fiery competitor in him likes that the Heat will be there to push the Magic on a nightly basis.

``You first of all have to take enough pride to go out and play hard every night and try to win every night and have the best record possible,’’ Redick said. ``But when there’s another great team right down the road, yeah, it’s certainly a motivating factor.’’

[h1]Mike Miller out until January, Stackhouse potentially in[/h1]
Miller, who badly injured his right thumb during a freak accident at Wednesday's practice at AmericanAirlines Arena, will be lost for at least half the season, not expected back until sometime in January, at the earliest.

Because of that, the Heat have increased efforts to land a potential replacement in the perimeter rotation, with free-agent Jerry Stackhouse emerging as the leading candidate.

Miller, who underwent a 45-minute procedure, had a torn ligament and a fracture. His shooting hand will be in a cast for four weeks and in a splint thereafter.

In light of Miller's injury, the Heat are moving closer to an agreement with Stackhouse, a source familiar with the situation told the Sun Sentinel.

According to the source, Stackhouse had a Thursday workout for the Heat in Atlanta, where the Heat faced the Atlanta Hawks in an exhibition. A deal with Stackhouse, who finished last season with the Milwaukee Bucks, could be closed as early as Saturday.

NBA teams must reduce rosters to the league-maximum of 15 by Monday's 6 p.m. deadline. The Heat currently is carrying 16 players, which means the addition of Stackhouse would require two cuts.

The Heat opens the regular season Tuesday at TD Garden against the Boston Celtics.

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel

****GAME IN TAMPA OFFICIALLY CANCELED DUE TO INADEQUATE FLOOR CONDITION****

Forum apparently had leaking issues and the floor is too slippery for players to play on 
mad.gif
Although disappointed, safety is clearly first and foremost so I'm not too mad about that.

i heard the game might not be played because of a slippery court.

"TAMPA, Fla. -- A slippery court installed over an NHL ice surface severely hampered the Orlando Magic at their shootaround practice before facing the Miami Heat on Friday, prompting Magic coach Stan Van Gundy and guard Vince Carter to question its safety.

Arena workers were confident the problems could be solved by game time.

"The court's not playable in the condition it's in right now," Van Gundy said Friday morning, before the scheduled 7:30 p.m. tip-off (ESPN). "We're not going to put people out there to get hurt."

Instead of practicing, the Magic walked -- literally -- through some sets and did little else during their pre-game workout. The Heat did not have a shootaround scheduled at the home of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, instead having an early afternoon walkthrough at their hotel.

"We'll sometimes do that in hotel ballrooms, which is what I would have done had I known," Van Gundy said. "I mean, we would have just stayed in the hotel because we literally could not do anything. They had the hockey game last night, the condensation on the floor. It's awful."

The Lightning played in the arena Thursday night, and work was performed overnight to cover the ice surface and install the basketball court. When the Magic arrived to practice Friday morning, the court was still wet and slippery -- though it was unclear if the moisture was from the ice below or the process of cleaning the court -- and the NBA 3-point lines hadn't been installed.

Workers were on the floor with mops and brooms, and fans were brought in to help circulate air and speed up the drying process.

"It's like playing on ice right now, literally," Carter said, watching from the side as a few Magic players did some shooting. After the Magic left, workers returned to the court with mops, both for cleaning and working on slippery areas.

With the regular season starting next week, Carter thought conditions were particularly risky.

"More than anything, the season's right around the corner," Carter said. "Do you risk that for whatever reason because the floor's slightly slippery? I don't think so."

Carter and LeBron James have seen this before. A game between their old clubs, the Toronto Raptors and Cleveland Cavaliers, was canceled in October 2003 -- part of James' rookie preseason tour -- after condensation formed on the court in St. John's, Newfoundland.

The arena in St. John's, though much smaller than the one in Tampa, used a similar setup, installing the court over hockey ice. The Tampa arena has hosted basketball several times before, including NCAA men's tournament games and a women's Final Four in 2008."

[h2]Miami Heat sign Jerry Stackhouse[/h2]
Posted on: October 23, 2010 3:22 pm

The Miami Heat have signed free agent guard Jerry Stackhouse. Posted by Ben Golliver.
jerry-stackhouse.jpg

The Miami Heat announced on Twitter Saturday that the team has signed veteran guard Jerry Stackhouse, as expected

Heat star guard Dwyane Wade welcomed Stackhouse to Miami on Twitter, writing, "Welcome Jerry Stackhouse to the Miami family everyone. He is now apart of us. Shhhh dont bring up 06." 

The tweet is a reference to Wade's Heat facing off against Stackhouse and the Dallas Mavericks in the 2006 NBA Finals, which the Heat won. 

Stackhouse, 35, is running on fumes, but the Heat had to pull the trigger after losing forward Mike Miller for months with a finger injury.This year's Basketball Prospectus[/color] cautions not to expect too much from Stackhouse. 
Jerry Stackhouse has entered the Roger Clemens phase of his career, where he sits out training camp and the early part of the season, waiting until some team that needs an infusion of offense comes calling ... He was useful in spurts for Scott Skiles in Milwaukee last season and played some important minutes. When you add it all up, however, he was merely filling space. If Stackhouse wants to play in the NBA this season, he probably will, but fans of whichever team he ends up with shouldn’t expect much.

The Heat are an ideal landing place for a player in Stackhouse's situation. Where better for an aging player to hide out when he no longer has the physical skills to dominate? Long, athletic players like Wade, LeBron James, andChris Bosh will provide cover for him at every turn. 

It's fair to call this a marriage of convenience for both parties but it comes at a small financial price and the timing is right for Miami, who needed to quickly plug a hole as they prepare to open the season Tuesday in Boston. 

With the signing, Miami's roster stands at 17 players. Two will need to be cut or traded prior to Monday's deadline for teams to set their 15 man rosters. Guard Patrick Beverley and forward Da'Sean Butler are the most likely Heat players to be released.

Posted by Ben Golliver

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25423516

Never was a fan of Stackhole (because he's been a Black Hole his entire career). But I guess he'll have to due with Miller's injury.

Would've like to have kept Beverley on the roster, but that won't be happening.

Admittedly I am a LeBron fan, and have not been a die hard Maimi fan, although I have always liked Wade.
But I look forward to seeing the Heat do well this season.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Would've like to have kept Beverley on the roster, but that won't be happening.

I'm w/you. I didn't want us to sign anyone because of Bev. The Kid was having a nice pre-season.

Let's pray........ 2 out of the following have to go: Maglore / Butler / Bev. If it wasn't that we need PF/C depth, I would say cut Maglore & Howard & keep the youth

Da'Sean doesn't come to much as a surprise but I agree with you that they should've given Bev a chance. He did have a good pre-season and showed flashes of great point guard play. He won't be overlooked for long. He's got heart and will eventually play league ball for sure. Maybe even back with the Heat ...

THIS SEASON RIGHT HEREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
*katt williams voice*  The moment we've been waiting for fellas has finally arrived, pending any slippery floors 
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom