THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA should just turn league pass into a blackout free content exclusive subscription service

NBA+

Over all of the networks dead bodies lol

now if the nba charged some wild price and cut the National and local networks a piece of the pie, possibly

I'm sure they'd like to do that whenever their current tv rights deal is up. Makes too much sense not to.
Over all of the networks dead bodies lol

now if the nba charged some wild price and cut the National and local networks a piece of the pie, possibly

by 2022 I’d say 70% of their most popular demo (18-35) will subscribe to something for entertainment. With cord cuttinggrowing by the day, it’s only a matter of when

once the tv deal they’re on now is expired I’d bet good money this is the next move for silver

by 2022 I’d say 70% of their most popular demo (18-35) will subscribe to something for entertainment. With cord cuttinggrowing by the day, it’s only a matter of when

once the tv deal they’re on now is expired I’d bet good money this is the next move for silver

IIRC teams hold their own local broadcast rights and make their own deals with their local networks. I don’t know if a team is gonna turn down a bil and hand over its local tv rights to the NBA to create a central streaming service. Conversely I doubt a local network is gonna give up blackout restrictions to league pass/a nationwide central streaming service without major $$$$ compensation.

LA and the Dodgers channel is a prime example for the pettiness of cable companies lol

edit: it’s possible that cord cutters/dwindling subscriptions force their hand, but they have all the cards and lets face it sports fans will cave and pay up to be able to watch their teams lol.

Last edited:
P C H P C H marc Spears was on the Lowe post today and said he heard that in the game the rockets got eliminated, MDA was mic’d up and harden covered it to tell him “we gotta get chris outta here”

P C H P C H marc Spears was on the Lowe post today and said he heard that in the game the rockets got eliminated, MDA was mic’d up and harden covered it to tell him “we gotta get chris outta here”

:rofl: :rofl: this is wild. CP3 basically has thr psycho traits of MJ and Kobe but hasn’t won a championship so it just comes off as obnoxious. Imagine if Jordan was the **** he was but had 0 rings to show for it. If CP3 had 2 titles he’d be known as a winner who doesn’t take **** from teammates. Instead he’s viewed as a teammate that is difficult to play with. I remember when all the drama was happenning with him, Blake, and DJ and it turned out that their issue with him was that he really wanted to win and he called out peoples mistakes to their face...I couldn’t understand the problem. But I guess Blake, DJ, and Harden were tired of hearing from someone who didn’t have the rings to back it up.

Didn’t Harden also supposedly tell CP3 that he hasn’t accomplished anything? :lol:

I understand that he must be difficult to play with. But if his biggest faultis that he expects everyone to carry their weight and wants to win....I’ll take him on my team 10/10

Knew it. CP3 also said he hasn’t spoken to harden since the trade, and after okc and Houston played this year CP listed the relationships he has with the rockets still and didn’t mention harden at all

no embrace no anything. That was odd to me

Interesting. Guess I didn't realize there was really bad blood there.

Always thought Morey made the move for Russ mostly because he wanted someone younger and a bit more reliable health-wise. Not necessarily because he was an immediate upgrade on court.

Ya’ll are TOO hard on this guy. I don’t understand the justification for this comment, it’s not like Harden is some perennial loser. His style of basketball is very conducive to winning at least on the regular season.

You can dislike a guy or the way he plays without inventing false narratives.
It's partly the coaches fault. But it's blatantly obvious how much he cares for personal awards. I mean, I've never heard him voice his frustration about losing two games to gsw after having a lead after Durant went down...

But I did hear him complain about not winning the mvp last year.

Again, the league is wide open this year. Or, at least that's the belief with gsw having a down year. Right? Perfect opportunity to come back motivated to WIN. so, how does harden spend his summer? Working on an unorthodox one legged 3 pointer. That's not a false narrative. Neither is camping out a foot from the half court line when the play isn't ran for you or, at times, being an absolute turnstile defensively.

I never said he was a loser. I'm just saying that it's obvious to me what's more important to him. Imo

I don't hate harden at all...it's just obvious to me that he cares about personal accolades at this point.

Patiently waiting for the implosion. Soon, come :nerd:

Side note: The beat on this song aged badly. But Fif was spitting.

1575590941787.png

Who else on the rockets team do you want to dribble?

🤔

It's more than the excessive dribbling. Your team is lead by 2 dudes that take horrible shots, 1st and 4th in turnovers. They're style of play ain't winning ****.

You think only individual greatness matters so you shouldn't tip.

It's gon be fun watching this **** come playoff time. :lol:

This is what people don't get. When you have one guy who not only shoots all the shots, including shots that don't show up in the stat sheet but in real life..he takes even more shots, but dribbles all the damn dribbles, makes all the assists and is constantly stopping the game so he can shoot free throws that **** is traaaaaasssh. It's the worst brand of basketball you could come up with. It's more like baseball where Harden is the pitcher and everybody else is in the outfield waiting for a pop fly.

This is what people don't get. When you have one guy who not only shoots all the shots, including shots that don't show up in the stat sheet but in real life..he takes even more shots, but dribbles all the damn dribbles, makes all the assists and is constantly stopping the game so he can shoot free throws that **** is traaaaaasssh. It's the worst brand of basketball you could come up with. It's more like baseball where Harden is the pitcher and everybody else is in the outfield waiting for a pop fly.

I'm still waiting for somebody to give a logical reason how those 2 together is a championship winning formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom