THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know Mike Conley is the worst starter in the NBA. Is he also the worst contract?

Since this is still the big Sixers thread, this is actually a good graphic

some people complain that Embiid is lazy on the PnR defense but we employ the drop coverage for a reason, let them take the mid range shot. If they make it they make it. Embiid block shot % is down but his reb % is up. Can’t have both

Since this is still the big Sixers thread, this is actually a good graphic

some people complain that Embiid is lazy on the PnR defense but we employ the drop coverage for a reason, let them take the mid range shot. If they make it they make it. Embiid block shot % is down but his reb % is up. Can’t have both

Wouldnt say hes lazy but the thing is there are teams with the right guards who cook us though when we drop coverage and its very noticeable.. we need to play to them teams and switch **** up on defense at times when it starts happening

when teams aint got the right guards to pick on us our defense shows how good it can be

You know who else the Sixers could use?

Lowry

but I don’t think that would ever happen

Wouldnt say hes lazy but the thing is there are teams with the right guards who cook us though when we drop coverage and its very noticeable.. we need to play to them teams and switch **** up on defense at times when it starts happening

when teams aint got the right guards to pick on us our defense shows how good it can be
And Embiid does switch and hedge out as well. We always then get beat on the passes following because dudes (primarily the bench guys) never be in position to rotate.

Embiid is nowhere near perfect and having him do too much is how we ended up where we did last year

For those that believed in the Sixers...

Was it because:

A) A perception that the East would be weak + a perception that Milwaukee would take a step back...so they’d be the top team by default?

Or

B) You thought a lineup of 4 bigs and a wing would be the greatest defensive team ever?
C) thought Simmons would improve marginally with his offense

Was it because:

A) A perception that the East would be weak + a perception that Milwaukee would take a step back...so they’d be the top team by default?

Or

B) You thought a lineup of 4 bigs and a wing would be the greatest defensive team ever?

im from South Philly live 5 mins from Wells Fargo and its my favorite team also attend 80% home games, always gotta believe no matter what

dont need to be the #1 seed ofcourse it be nice esp for home court but IMO just wanna get to the playoffs then they can figure the rest out on the way

still a freshley built new team that still needs to gel **** dont work over night

Was it because:

Or

I still believe they can compete

Basically because they could make any series a grind and that MIL was one ball handler down where as PHI already matched up with them defensively very well (on paper)

Depending on Bledsoe and Wes is also a valid question

Def thought Philly was gonna make it by default because the Bucks would take a step back, I could still see them in the ECF too, but either way this team is not a real championship contender as constructed.

C) thought Simmons would improve marginally with his offense

This is still wild to me. Even a marginal Ben Simmons improvement would result in a drastic weakness for the team. He’s a complete non shooter. Would be a great personal development for him...but spacing would still be ****ed, no? Ben Simmons shooting 22% on 2 attempts doesn’t suddenly make them dangerous,

I’ll say it again...the Al Horford signing made zero sense. The only significant value that move has is if Embiid goes down. That front office drafted Ben Simmons knowing his limitations...so idk why Ben is being made to be the #1 scapegoat. He is what he is...and this is the team that front office put around him.

This is still wild to me. Even a marginal Ben Simmons improvement would result in a drastic weakness for the team. He’s a complete non shooter. Would be a great personal development for him...but spacing would still be ****ed, no? Ben Simmons shooting 22% on 2 attempts doesn’t suddenly make them dangerous,

I’ll say it again...the Al Horford signing made zero sense. The only significant value that move has is if Embiid goes down. That front office drafted Ben Simmons knowing his limitations...so idk why Ben is being made to be the #1 scapegoat. He is what he is...and this is the team that front office put around him.
Seems like they wanted to go all out with defending Giannis and have a backup center as well

Shooting > 65% on FT is a marginal improvement
Just taking a corner 3 a game is a marginal improvement

instead of running to the dunkers s, go to the corner. Ain’t like we don’t run plays for it because his 3 against the Cavs was a designed play

We drafted Ben knowing he was a non shooter hoping he could become passable. It’s been 4 years and no change at all. That’s on the the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom