THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that believed in the Sixers...

Was it because:

A) A perception that the East would be weak + a perception that Milwaukee would take a step back...so they’d be the top team by default?

Or

B) You thought a lineup of 4 bigs and a wing would be the greatest defensive team ever?
A

I still had bucks finishing with the best record but kris mid as the 2nd best player, idk about that

sixers dont have a goto 6th man to get them buckets at the end of the day like most teams

our staters can do what they do we dont have a consistent bucket getter off the bench

My problem is that the media and a lot of people are looking at everyone else and why they aren’t better while Simmons has only improved as a defender since being drafted

sixers dont have a goto 6th man to get them buckets at the end of the day like most teams

our staters can do what they do we dont have a consistent bucket getter off the bench

shouldn’t need a go to 6th man when you got $150Ms dedicated to 4 guys. Stagger the minutes.

Lakers don’t have one. Rockets don’t. Celtics don’t.. Bucks surely don’t. Toronto nope

Which is understandable...but it’s gonna be apparent that floor spacing > a defensive priority to stop one guy...when they get tossed in the 2nd round and don’t even make it to that one guy.
They’ve beaten Boston twice. Destroyed Miami. Beat Indiana and 1-1 against Toronto

Doesn’t mean anything for sure, but at least they’ve beaten the other good east teams

It was definitely A for me. I'm still concerned about the Bucks Giannis has a 39% usage rate and singular offenses like that are just too easy to stop to me.

shouldn’t need a go to 6th man when you got $150Ms dedicated to 4 guys. Stagger the minutes.

Lakers don’t have one. Rockets don’t. Celtics don’t.. Bucks surely don’t. Toronto nope

you crazy man check their benches dudes can drop 10 on any night ours barely can do that

you crazy man check their benches dudes can drop 10 on any night ours barely can do that

Name these guys. They aren’t rolling out go to guys off the bench except for the clippers. It’s 2019, teams ain’t doing that anymore.

a team with 4 all star level players shouldn’t need a go to guy off the bench. But all y’all all stars are bigs so it doesn’t work. Pieces don’t compliment each other. It’s simple

I’m not saying the minutes aren’t staggered but it’s too many square pegs. Thants why jimmy worked.
Of course, when he was staggered with Ben he ran the offense lol

j rich and Tobi are staggered more with Embiid and Al more with Ben. That’s how it should be. play Neto with Embiid and Burke with Ben. It’s not that hard

Name these guys. They aren’t rolling out go to guys off the bench except for the clippers. It’s 2019, teams ain’t doing that anymore.

a team with 4 all star level players shouldn’t need a go to guy off the bench. But all y’all all stars are bigs so it doesn’t work. Pieces don’t compliment each other. It’s simple

raptors have ibaka come off the bench no ? still plays good starter minutes though when gasol not producing much but can drop 10 on any night
Celtics - when not having injuries, smart comes off the bench no ? might be wrong on this one dont watch much celtics unless they play sixers
Rockets - as of recent McLemore been doing more then the sixers bench combined
Bucks - Ilyasova can get 10+ a night off the bench , george hill can get few buckets as well
Heat - Herro comes in and can provide points at a insane pace

ofcourse they all aint LEGIT 6th men thats not what i was getting at but these other teams have players off the bench who on a consistent basis can score and help the team when it gets stale at times

sure sixers have 4 guys who can produce but cant ALWAYS RELY on them

79387373_3259355664092935_8900189942697689088_o.jpg

Was forced to listen to Simmons since he was on the Lowe podcast. He said Boston can’t beat philly in a series because embiid is their kryptonite

raptors have ibaka come off the bench no ? still plays good starter minutes though when gasol not producing much but can drop 10 on any night
Celtics - when not having injuries, smart comes off the bench no ? might be wrong on this one dont watch much celtics unless they play sixers
Rockets - as of recent McLemore been doing more then the sixers bench combined
Bucks - Ilyasova can get 10+ a night off the bench , george hill can get few buckets as well

ofcourse they all aint LEGIT 6th men thats not what i was getting at but these other teams have players off the bench who on a consistent basis can score and help the team when it gets stale at times

sure sixers have 4 guys who can produce but cant ALWAYS RELY on them

LOL fam these dudes are rotation guys not 6 MOY/fill in types except for Ibaka. Teams aren’t running anything through them. Their buckets are still super star dependent.

so yeah you’re bench could be better but a go to guy isn’t the answer. No one does that anymore outside of LAC. I thought mike Scott had a Hive though :nerd:. And furkan won that game in Portland.

LOL fam these dudes are rotation guys not 6 MOY/fill in types except for Ibaka. Teams aren’t running anything through them. Their buckets are still super star dependent.

so yeah you’re bench could be better but a go to guy isn’t the answer. No one does that anymore outside of LAC. I thought mike Scott had a Hive though :nerd:. And furkan won that game in Portland.

mike scott sure does have a hive but the inconsitancy with his 3s is rough.. its all he got if 3s arent dropping hes worthless off bench
korky im a fan of but lets be real he aint the answer although i want him to be shooting 4 3s a game IMO

i know the dudes i named aint legit 6th men which is why i said that in my post, still they play a big part in the rotations and scoring something sixers lack when it comes to the bench

Last edited:

We need a go to PG

Do RIP and Finley pass the Richmond test for HOF? They both have championships

In addition to Bryant, Duncan, Garnett and Bosh, other players nominated for the first time this year include Shawn Marion, Michael Finley, Mark Eaton and Buck Williams. Meanwhile, Chauncey Billups, Mark Jackson, Tim Hardaway, Richard Hamilton, Chris Webber, Ben Wallace and Marcus Camby are among those on the ballot who have been nominated multiple times.
Doubt it. Of those names Hardaway, Camby and Webber deserve it over those 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom