THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing though. It's like you can't be a minority and talk hoops unless you're Kendrick Perkins or Stephen Jackson :lol:

Like, why do we have to be 6'10 bucks in order to have our takes on hoop validated and they don't ya know.

Thats the thing though. There are plenty of talented minorities or at least minorities who know the right people. A lot of them started as writers though. From SAS to Shams now. I think that’s why major networks only have blog boys and ex NBA players/coaches on the panels. It’s the perfect balance and leads to devils advocate type discussions. Idk if they’re tryna have someone whose the best of both worlds :lol:

I’m a firm believer of if you’ve never hooped in some kind of competitive organized basketball or coached at some level then it’s hard to fully agree with what you say about the sport. Numbers don’t say the whole story. You definitely need both. There are some people (outliers) who can just grasp things on the court who’ve never really played on any level outside the playgrounds though. Rare breed who would probably be successful analyzing most sports.

Thats the thing though. There are plenty of talented minorities or at least minorities who know the right people. A lot of them started as writers though. From SAS to Shams now. I think that’s why major networks only have blog boys and ex NBA players/coaches on the panels. It’s the perfect balance and leads to devils advocate type discussions. Idk if they’re tryna have someone whose the best of both worlds :lol:

Point taken lol I see it

Took care of business to close out 2019. Tatum, Kemba, and Hayward all over 20 on good splits.

2nd place in the East going into the new year :pimp:
That was a good game played on both ends by the C’s. They kept forcing a lot of turnovers by the Hornets’ guards.

But maaannn, Tatum ain’t ever met a shot he didn’t like, lol.

Attachments

• A1E91BA5-DE0F-4895-BDCA-A27E020CC848.jpeg
    A1E91BA5-DE0F-4895-BDCA-A27E020CC848.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 187
I’m a firm believer of if you’ve never hooped in some kind of competitive organized basketball or coached at some level then it’s hard to fully agree with what you say about the sport. Numbers don’t say the whole story. You definitely need both. There are some people (outliers) who can just grasp things on the court who’ve never really played on any level outside the playgrounds though. Rare breed who would probably be successful analyzing most sports.
Yea but at the same time some ppl put too much stock on basketball experience. Just because you're the better player, doesn't mean you know more hoops. Michael Jordan is arguably the best player to touch a ball and I wouldn't trust him to scout for, coach for, or run a team.

That was a good game played on both ends by the C’s. They kept forcing a lot of turnovers by the Hornets’ guards.

But maaannn, Tatum ain’t ever met a shot he didn’t like, lol.
He’s a good shooter with good footwork that excels at getting decent looks. He should shoot a lot. Probably needs to cut that runner out of his repertoire though. Don’t think I’ve seen him hit one all year.

Yea but at the same time some ppl put too much stock on basketball experience. Just because you're the better player, doesn't mean you know more hoops. Michael Jordan is arguably the best player to touch a ball and I wouldn't trust him to scout for, coach for, or run a team.

The thing with MJ is he just didn’t have the right personnel. Like it doesn’t take 1 person to scout, coach, run a team. There were bad advisors and departments all throughout that organization. Obviously all the blame will go on him though.

Even with Phil Jackson as an executive. He might’ve had the right ideas or eyes for talent/attitudes but he was terrible with contracts and stubborn with the changing of times (triangle)

As much flack as KD gets, he has a great eye for talent. Chris Paul too actually.

The thing with MJ is he just didn’t have the right personnel. Like it doesn’t take 1 person to scout, coach, run a team. There were bad advisors and departments all throughout that organization. Obviously all the blame will go on him though.

Even with Phil Jackson as an executive. He might’ve had the right ideas or eyes for talent/attitudes but he was terrible with contracts and stubborn with the changing of times (triangle)
The one year Charlotte tanked, they lost out on AD. I think MJ was so burned by that year, he's content to run the treadmill of mediocrity.

True. There aren’t that many of them, but there a few ex-player analysts that rely on their experience and incorporate analytics and new ways of thinking about hoops. I think Tim Legler is pretty good in that way. Greg Anthony is solid also.

I enjoy The Mismatch/Ringer NBA Show. KOC has his nerd takes and Chris Vernon usually combats it with some barbershop stuff.

And this thread is full of posters that trash on Webber and Miller's commentary all the time, and those dudes are former players 🤷‍♂️

*edit

OH Ahat beat me to it lol

Reggie and C Webb commentating, hell nah :lol:
Reggie and C Webb in a format like Open Court, fasho. You're not getting that kinda perspective from blog boys. As much flack as a guy like Shaq gets his stories are top notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom