THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to everything else that was mentioned... he illegally recorded a phone convo between he and coach Gruden and used it in this bizarre video.

Nvm. Found it.

Aug. 13:
Brown returns to Napa, saying it was good to hear of general manager Mike Mayock and coach Jon Gruden supporting him in his absence.

Aug. 15: Brown and QB Derek Carr put on a show in pregame warm-ups in Arizona, though Brown does not play in the game.

Aug. 18: In the wake of losing his first grievance to wear his preferred helmet, Brown takes off from Napa again and is fined $40,000 by Mayock for the unexcused absence. Mayock later tells reporters that it is time for Brown to either be "all-in, or all-out."

Aug. 19: Brown returns to Napa as the Raiders break camp and head to the team facility in Alameda.

Aug. 22: Brown and Carr put on another show in pregame warm-ups in Winnipeg, Canada, and ask Gruden if they can run one play in the game against the Green Bay Packers, a go-ball. Gruden quickly declines as neither plays in the game, which was held on an 80-yard field. Brown skipped a mandatory pregame walk-through.

Aug. 25: Brown loses his second grievance to wear his old helmet but agent Drew Rosenhaus insists the receiver will find a new helmet, get an endorsement deal, and play on.

Sept. 4: Brown, who once Facebook Lived a postgame Steelers meeting with coach Mike Tomlin, posts to Instagram the letter sent to him from Mayockdetailing his fines from Aug. 18 ($40,000) and Aug. 22 ($13,950). Brown tags the Raiders in his response, which reads, in part, "When your own team want to hate."

An agitated Brown, who usually stretches on his own during team stretch, skips the period entirely before emerging for individual drills. He goes through them half-heartedly, taking some plays off, barks at a strength and conditioning coach and fires a football into a fence after catching a pass from Carr and jogging to the end zone. Later, Brown reportedly gets into a confrontation with Mayock on the practice field. In the locker room, Brown tells two reporters he will speak on Thursday. Later, Brown announces he has reached a deal with Xenith to wear their helmet, posting, "Most calculated move by far."

Sept. 5: Reports break that the Raiders will suspend Brown for conduct detrimental to the team, setting the stage for a potential battle over his guaranteed money and putting in question whether Brown will ever play for the Raiders.

"Antonio Brown's not in the building today; he won't be practicing," Mayock said. "I don't have any more information for you right now, and when I have some and it becomes appropriate, you guys all get it. I promise you. But that's it for today."

Sept. 6: Brown's back in the building. The wide receiver issued "an emotional apology" at a team meeting Friday morning, a source told ESPN. Gruden issued a statement later in the day, saying in part: "Antonio is back today. We're excited about that. Ready to move on."

Gruden said "the plan" was to have Brown in the lineup for the season opener against the Broncos on Monday night.

Later in the day Brown posts a youtube video featuring a phone call between Brown and Gruden.

Sept. 7: The Raiders fine Brown more than $215,000 for conduct detrimental to the team. By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, sources said. Brown says there is "no way" he plays after losing guarantees. Brown asks for his release via Instagram.
I don't follow the NFL anymore so I have been getting updates about this through Google alerts and my team's work group chat.

Two of my analyst were in their feelings about this saga and our secretary chimed in with "What show are you guys talking about". :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
That thread suffers from CTE[/

giphy (3).gif

The man led all receivers in touchdowns last year, yards the year before that, 100+ receptions last 6 years yet there’s a clause in his contract that voids all the guaranteed money if he gets fined? :lol: Arguably best player at his position now on a week to week contract?

Nah, man.
The NFL is lowkey slavery with extra steps. It's a Modern day colosseum

BSO is literally my favorite "sports" site on the internet. That website is in IDGAF mode all the time.

I remember Supercuts dudes were talking down on the nba because there was too much "drama" :lol:

This man released a trailer before he demanded a release.

Since we're still talking about football in here, just read an interesting in article in the latest issue of SI about high school participation rates dropping. High school participation rates are down much more significantly in blue state than red and only a few red states have actually seen an increase in football participation in recent years. The author did not really theorize what the correlation is; but just pointed out that there clearly seems to be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom