THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers are saving all their load management days for the playoffs. Regular season too important for little Timmy.

The thing that concerns me the most about the Clippers and why I think they need more reps as a full roster is that they don't really have any pet actions from what I've seen outside of base level stuff.

It's either Kawhi isolation, PG isolation, or Lou Trez PnR which is fine in do it die situations through the course of a full game I just feel like you need more and they don't have time to work on these things when every other game someone's out.

Full roster though I still think this team has an offensive ceiling that no other team can match but we just haven't seen enough of it. I would say this applies defensively as well and they're the only team I'm comfortable saying that about.

The thing that concerns me the most about the Clippers and why I think they need more reps as a full roster is that they don't really have any pet actions from what I've seen outside of base level stuff.

It's either Kawhi isolation, PG isolation, or Lou Trez PnR which is fine in do it die situations through the course of a full game I just feel like you need more and they don't have time to work on these things when every other game someone's out.

Full roster though I still think this team has an offensive ceiling that no other team can match but we just haven't seen enough of it. I would say this applies defensively as well and they're the only team I'm comfortable saying that about.
Like I've been saying, the lack of playmaking is an issue. It may sound crazy but this team reminds me of a suped up version of the jimmy butler twolves team, they depend on a lot of tough shots and individual shot making.

When they're moving the ball and beverly, Patterson and green are hitting they look unbeatable. But it looks like teams are adjusting and forcing those guys to make plays for themselves and it's looking ugly. We'll see when PG gets back tho.

Something, something, something, these regular-season games don't matter to the Clippers, something, something, Clippers are saving it for the playoffs, something.

In all seriousness though, the Clippers just cruising through the regular season and acting like they're the Warriors or Shaq/Kobe Lakers is bizarre to me. They're acting like they're some well-oiled machine and have multiple championships under the belt and can just turn it on when they want. The basketball intelligensia just giving them a pass and just assuming they're going at half speed is annoying

Kawhi is the only player that has champhionship experience (Doc obviously has experience coaching).They haven't won s*** together. If they cruise through the regular season and get bounced in the 2nd round, it'll be hilarious. Would they be big favorites against (for example) Houston or Denver in the secound round? Are we just assuming some new, completely dominant team is gonna show up in come playoff time?

Last edited:
I'm a trez guy and he's improved vastly, but Trez can't protect the rim or shoot 3's, which is why he can't start.

I'm just saying I'd be shocked if the Clippers gave Trez 20Ms a year. You're basically saying he's the 3rd best player on a championship team, and it's essentially impossible for 5's who can't protect the rim or floor space to be that.

I guess it wouldn't be too wild if LAC maxed him, but it would be against what they've done transactionally over the last 3 seasons
Something, something, something, these regular-season games don't matter to the Clippers, something, something, Clippers are saving it for the playoffs, something.

In all seriousness though, the Clippers just cruising through the regular season and acting like they're the Warriors or Shaq/Kobe Lakers is bizarre to me. They're acting like they're some well-oiled machine and have multiple championships under the belt and can just turn it on when they want.

Kawhi is the only player that has champhionship experience (Doc obviously has experience too). Why everyone just gives them the benefit of the doubt is just weird. If they cruise through the regular season and get bounced in the 2nd round, it'll be hilarious.
Told my relly this the other day F around if they want too and be a 5th seed getting put out in the 1st round

i think homecourt and playoff position is huge for everyone.

how yall can still doubt lebron is ****ing hilarious to me.

playoff bron another beast

I think home court is more important to the Clippers than it is to the Lakers. The Lakers have played consistently well at home and on the road and the Clippers are only 10-9 on the road. Teams like Denver and Utah need home court to make deep playoff runs

Lakers just need HC against the Bucks potentially in the finals.
giphy.gif

Lakers just need HC against the Bucks potentially in the finals.

Ain't happening. The bucks are going to easily win 65 + games. The bottom of the East is so bad and they have so many automatic victories. the bucs have had the easiest schedule in the league this season. They just feast on bottom feeders.

Also, I see the Lakers taking their foot off the gas in the second half of the season. Right now the Lakers are on Pace to win 67 games, I see them winning 58-ish games (just enough to secure the one seed in the West)

Ain't happening. The bucks are going to easily win 65 + games. The bottom of the East is so bad and they have so many automatic victories. the bucs have had the easiest schedule in the league this season. They just feast on bottom feeders.

Also, I see the Lakers taking their foot off the gas in the second half of the season. Right now the Lakers are on Pace to win 67 games, I see them winning 58-ish games (just enough to secure the one seed in the West)

We'll see, you're probably right but we literally haven't lost to a team below .500 and they do have a tougher schedule the last half of the season. Lakers going to win 60+ games as well.

Why do Laker fans care so much about the Clippers?

There's no rivalry there. I don't get why Laker fans spend all this energy on the Clips. As a Laker fan, it's beyond annoying.

I can understand Clipper fans caring about the Lakers, since they have been terrible for the majority of their existence, while the Lakers have been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom