THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel you bro. I thought about letting up too. My emotions had me thinking 'why am i doing this? Should I let up? Embrace peace and love? Should I just root for bron?'

Then I remembered kobe. Fight the emotions and weak feelings. Don't bend or break because you're sad or troubled. Dont change who you are for temporary feelings. They'll pass and then you'll see you have no real discipline or resilience. Be steadfast. Be strong.

I'm not F Bron because I choose to be, I'm F Bron because I am.

Brought a tear to my eye. Are you also a conservative? Asking for a friend.

1580251191615.png

-Been a real tough 2 days, been crying almost every hour, and it’s less about Kobe being my childhood hero but more the loss of a savant and beautiful mind, which finally seemed at peace and had so much impact to offer the world and so much love to give to his family. Got to know Gigi a bit more and it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

-Still struggling between the different stages of grief, every time I reluctantly take a step towards acceptance, a tribute or a picture would pull me in all kinds of directions again. This thread has been therapeutic to me and there’s something beautiful in the fact that I could mourn over people whom I never had a real conversation with like family members, and at the same time I could find comfort and support in a community of “strangers”.

-I gained a lot of respect for a lot of you, even some of the ones I disliked your e-personas before. Not even mad at some of the comments or behavior which I disagree with, no need to force everyone who feels differently to understand, feel, or cope the same way. The only issue is, for the ones with pure hate (not here but shown on IG comment, etc), responding with hatred and anger back will only breed it even more, kill it with positivity.

-basketball as a whole lost a lot of meaning in a grand scheme of things, but I also became a fan of so many more players because of this incident. I’ll find joy in seeing them as human beings succeed. From a purely entertainment perspective, Lakers winning it for Kobe and GiGi would be huge for the laker nation, but I wouldn’t fault them at all if they came up short.

-even if Bron came to LA for his personal interests and agenda, there’s no denying the level of responsibility and determination he’s feeling now. You bet he’s going to make it his personal mission to get LA this, and for that alone he’s a Laker in my book.

-Hurting for Vanessa and the daughters, hope they find the strength it takes to move forward. They have the support of the whole world.

-the only thing that I can think of which makes me feel at ease at least a little bit, is that if you asked Kobe before if GiGi had to go, would he choose to go with her, you knew what his answer would be. And I’m sure her answer would have been the same.

-the world’s a bit more united these 2 days because of the tragedy.

As a Spurs fan I enjoyed the short rivalry between the Lakers and Spurs. I didn't really appreciate Kobe until he hurt his shoulder vs Cleveland (think 03-04) and toughed it out the whole game left handed. After that I was a fan and always respected him. I was at the game when he did the big balls dance on the Spurs. On the outside I was mad because we were down but on the inside I was smiling :smokin. I was happy I got to watch it live and experience his greatness. If it ever restocks, I plan on getting that Kobe 8 jersey!

I was in disbelief when I first heard the news and now I'm just sad. Had some teary eyed moments especially when they show his daughter or when he spoke of his daughter. Just praying for his family and the other lives lost.

Glad the spirit of competition is slowly coming back to this thread. Salute to freeze freeze for expounding on the fact that being a rival, adversary or sports villain isn’t hate or cheap shots neither. It’s all love in the name of the game which is why we’re all here and all hurting equally. Only know about 2-3 people in this thread personally but I love all of y’all.

Glad the spirit of competition is slowly coming back to this thread. Salute to freeze freeze for expounding on the fact that being a rival, adversary or sports villain isn’t hate or cheap shots neither. It’s all love in the name of the game which is why we’re all here and all hurting equally. Only know about 2-3 people in this thread personally but I love all of y’all.

I mean this shh bigger than basketball

I’ll readily admit I hated Kobe the basketball player, the lakers and his stans

but dude still played a huge role in my childhood.. and then when you think dude was only 41.. and then start thinking about the relationship with his daughter.. and thinking about her only being 13 and the things she’ll miss out on in life.. and then even attempting to think about how those loved ones left behind could be feeling right now.. I mean a toddler will never know her father

was actually looking forward to this season with things seemingly being more wide open than it has been in years.. but going be a while before the multitude of aspects in this whole thing just don’t hit so damn hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom