THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
exaxtly :lol:. Like...Ok...maybe averaging 15apg over a 5 year stretch is inflated.

but dudes out here acting like Stockton wasn’t good for 9-11 just off creativity and vision.

dude was averaging 8apg....OFF THE BENCH in Utah :lol:.
And while maybe the assists were inflated, his scoring was definitely the opposite. Very good shooter that would be shooting a ton more 3s in this current era. Elite FT rate in his prime too.

Imagine arguing against how a guy would fare in the "PG Era" that is a very good shooter, all time great passer, crafty dribbler, and competes defensively.

Stockton was real nice but anybody think he close to CP3 should have the **** slapped outta them.

They close. I lean Cp3 the better player in the prime. But Stockton got the accolades/longevity.

Nice to see you all have come to the consensus that Steph Curry, is the 2nd best Point Guard of all time. Unity. We love to see it 🤗

5E666A83-81F1-48BC-A1C7-774D7EABBCA6.gif

They close. I lean Cp3 the better player in the prime. But Stockton got the accolades/longevity.

Nice to see you all have come to the consensus that Steph Curry, is the 2nd best Point Guard of all time. Unity. We love to see it 🤗

5E666A83-81F1-48BC-A1C7-774D7EABBCA6.gif

When I say that? I get hacked? Zeke still the 2nd PG ever to me. The man that beat Jordan, Magic and Bird... Twice.

And Steph's last finals appearance was so embarrassing, gotta hold that against his legacy.

Yeah and I also have no problem if folks want to say CP is marginally better. My argument was just that their skillsets basically mirror each other, and that CP is similar to what Stockton would have looked like in the modern era.

I think Stockton would do well in this era. Good enough shooter, playmaker, uptick in 3's, he'd be fine.

I also think he's solidly behind Magic/Steph/CP3/Nash
And all I added to this was that he would get flamed trying to guard any of these guys today :lol:. Dudes are acting like I said he was a bum.

And all I added to this was that he would get flamed trying to guard any of these guys today :lol:. Dudes are acting like I said he was a bum.

How many of these dudes that would "flame" him would be able to guard him? None of these top tier PG's are good defenders except CP3 and he's at the tailend of his career :lol:

Would you also agree that the modern guards (who are mostly pathetic defenders) would get flamed by Stockton? Or does it not work like that?

Would you also agree that the modern guards (who are mostly pathetic defenders) would get flamed by Stockton? Or does it not work like that?
wavycrocket wavycrocket tells us how good of a defender Steph is weekly. There’s a Coach Nick video that will show that he wouldn’t. CP3 is a hard no. Sure, when we start mentioning guys like Trae Young he’d likely give them hell. Russ just gambling and leaving him open would probably be bad as well.

John Stockton avg 14 assist is comedy given how notorious the jazz were with juicing his dimes lol

This has been debunked. He didn't receive any more home cooking than any other top point guard.

Also, assist totals in the '80s and early '90s are a little inflated anyway due to pace. When Stockton averaged his career high (14.5 in 1991), four other guys also finished with double-digit assist averages. It's unusual for more than one or two players to average double digit assists, and five dudes did it that one season.

John Stockton avg 14 assist is comedy given how notorious the jazz were with juicing his dimes lol

I know CP3 has saidStockton’s assists were juiced by the home scorekeepers but his home assist averages vs road averages is less than CP3’s home/road splits. Is there any concrete evidence of this being true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom