THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
storm2006 storm2006

Finished the documentary.

Dawkins was just a kid with a dream, ****ed up how he got caught up in this mess. FBI was after the big boys and he was their pawn. Thing is, he started perfectly. Lowkey a genius for making the scouting website as a teenager with subscriptions. Worked his way up to Andy Millers team. Had the right connections.

Greed made this thing an ongoing case though. Idk if its human nature, but he clearly had plenty of opportunities to take advantage of people's money for his own benefit. Complete BS how he didnt know he was using a player's Uber card charged up till 40k. He knew all the ins and outs, so once again this was his way of being "**** it I got free money coming in why stop". Dawkins said himself this money going straight to the bank account. Also, shocked he didnt have a lawyer when he's signing papers with titles and that much money involved.

He got pinned because of greed. He built his own bed in a way for knowingly getting involved. The guy was too smart with too many real connections to throw it away and get caught up in this mess. Strictly all on greed.

It was too good to be true, he was smart enough to realize that. All the charges they threw at him was a scare tactic, complete BS.

Sadly, the NCAA as a whole is a mafia type run organization. The FBI too, corruption everywhere.

Random - I remember saying Brian Bowen was the biggest scrub basketball player I've ever seen in here one time. Cot damn I dont think i've ever watched a worse player.

Last edited:
Complete BS how he didnt know he was using a player's Uber card charged up till 40k. He knew all the ins and outs, so once again this was his way of being "**** it I got free money coming in why stop". Dawkins said himself this money going straight to the bank account.

I might have confused what happened and also may be confused by your statement. His story was that he charged the $42K but it was by accident, correct? Did he actually see any of that money? I have both my personal card and my corporate transportation card in my Uber app. Sometimes that **** happens But thousands of rides is OD. Not sure how the old company didn’t cut off his card and why he would need to use it anyway if he was with the new company. I know I’m missing something here.

He built his own bed in a way for knowingly getting involved. The guy was too smart with too many real connections to throw it away and get caught up in this mess. Strictly all on greed.

It was too good to be true, he was smart enough to realize that.

While his ambition may have been greedy, in the context of what was going on, he wasn’t even profiting! He was getting folks paid, per the arrangement, and save for a night out in Vegas, he wasn’t stealing money from Jeff D’Angelo. He was trying to get clients for his agency which may be greedy in and of itself but along the path to get there, I don’t think he had the wrong idea before essentially being entrapped.

All the charges they threw at him was a scare tactic. Complete BS on the FBIs part but that's how they play. Sadly.

The charges were BS but it was the FBI and SDNY, he wasn’t walking away scot free. He still got 18 months which he’s currently fighting. Curious to see how that plays out. All-in-all, I think it was a case of wrong place, wrong time. This quote sums it perfectly:

Dawkins was just a kid with a dream, ****ed up how he got caught up in this mess. FBI was after the big boys and he was their pawn.

Hope you enjoyed it and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

ob9vu025d4r41.jpg

At what point did folks turn on Pierce? Was it prior to Draymond flaming his “farewell tour” or after? He seems to get heat similar to what D-Wade is getting now but I can’t pinpoint what ignited the turn like I can with Flash.
Funny you mentioned the turn like wade. It started mainly him as a analyst and the big turn was when he was commenting about him having a better career than wade and that sparked a huge debate. Ppl wasn’t feeling his stance on it and rubbed ppl the wrong way.

Funny you mentioned the turn like wade. It started mainly him as a analyst and the big turn was when he was commenting about him having a better career than wade and that sparked a huge debate. Ppl wasn’t feeling his stance on it and rubbed ppl the wrong way.
He’s just a horrible analyst who sets himself up to be mocked, think that has a lot to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom