THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the veterans around here.

@HOU$TON
Peep Game Peep Game

Just reading this.......

Small forward: ROBERT HORRY

Horry is a bit of an enigma. At the start of the season, the Rockets
were full of hope that he'd build on his selection on the All-Rookie
second team and turn into another Scottie Pippen. However, Robert
struggled badly, so much so that he was pseudo-traded to Detroit with
Matt Bullard for Sean Elliot. When Elliot failed his physical exam,
Horry and Bullard returned to Houston. I expected him to be upset and
pout about being on a team that "didn't want him," but quite the
opposite came to pass! Robert apparently took it upon himself to
prove to the rest of the team that he shouldn't have been traded, and
Rudy T convinced Robert that the only reason he had been traded was
that the Rockets wanted production NOW, which up until then Robert
hadn't been providing. After the trade, Horry went on a mini-tear
through the rest of the regular season and on through the playoffs.
His biggest problem has always been that he is too unselfish on
offense, a rare treat in a Rockets team with Hakeem and Mad Max. His
defense is excellent, he has true three-point range (something that
surprises most teams given that he's 6'10 and played center in
college), and he's a high-flying, slam- -dunking, jamfestin' machine.
I think he's played himself back into being a major component of the
team and is no longer in danger of being traded. If he continues to
develop, ala his Alabama teammate Sprewell, he could be a real menace
in years to come. As it stands, he's a slightly better shooting
version of Derrick McKey, with more time to take that next step.

31. Houston Rockets http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1994_draft/draft/31.html

Remember this way back. Some of the best deals they made were the ones they didn’t actually make, ones that fell throw at the last minute and such

new-york-knicks-chris-duhon-directs-the-offense-in-the-first-quarter-of-a-preseason-game-against-the-philadelphia-76ers-at-madison-square-garden-in-new-york-city-on-october-13-2009-upijohn-angelillo-TYKFAD.jpg

To think this man holds the franchise record for most assists in a game smh
Solid decision maker. Coach on the floor. Not a shock forreal.

Last edited:
Solid decision maker. Coach on the floor. Not a shock forreal.
Considering he wasn't really a starting caliber PG, completely overachieved as a player that season and came back down to Earth the season after I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

Last edited:
Considering he wasn't really a starting caliber PG, completely overachieved as player that season and came back down to Earth the season after I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.
Sure, his OVERALL game wasn't starting quality but he was in the league because he could run a team and do a halfway decent job of making open shots.

Considering the history of Knicks PGs, who has really been a High Level Facilitator? Don't say Kidd because when he joined the Knicks he was basically a semi-3D Combo Guard.

If you are looking at his NAME, sure you can say "surprise." But when you factor in what he actually got paid to do and/or who has been in the mix over the years, why is it that surprising?

Sure, his OVERALL game wasn't starting quality but he was in the league because he could run a team and do a halfway decent job of making open shots.

Considering the history of Knicks PGs, who has really been a High Level Facilitator? Don't say Kidd because when he joined the Knicks he was basically a semi-3D Combo Guard.

If you are looking at his NAME, sure you can say "surprise." But when you factor in what he actually got paid to do and/or who has been in the mix over the years, why is it that surprising?
I see your point but that doesn't makes it any less surprising to me. Yes, he's a solid facilitator, yes the Knicks don't have a long list of top flight PGs but that doesn't make Chris Duhon being the holder of that record any less of a shock to me. That game was the equivalent of catching lightning in a bottle, right place right time type of deal.

Most all-star PGs never even hit that number for a game's worth of work. You don't expect it. Maybe I am too caught up on the name or my dislike of Duhon as a player admittedly speaking.

Most all-star PGs never even hit that number for a game's worth of work. You don't expect it. Maybe I am too caught up on the name or my dislike of Duhon as a player admittedly speaking.
Looking at the list, many "C Level" players have reached these high assist marks. It isn't a category dominated by Star players.
That is why I personally am not shocked by it. (I know you didn't ask).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom