THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general though, I do think to a certain degree how Steph is talked about has a bit to do with his appearance. His appearance and his background doesn’t “go” with his production to SOME people,

This is kind of like the Quinn Cook hate that wavycrocket wavycrocket and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican talkedabout

Suburban, light skin, seemingly had things handed to him guy....is going to annoy some people.

If we're going to keep it a buck....

Would've been interesting to see Marbury and KG stay together. But that would have been so much money poured into those two for a small market back then.

The KG playoff stuff was always overblown to me since he came in when Jordan & Malone were still playing & he wasn’t really KG until ‘00, and he didn’t have the horses to compete with either Portland or LA.

‘01 the Lakers are one of the greatest teams ever.

‘02 is a blemish, sure 100%. Swept and soundly outplayed by Dirk. No argument from me.

‘03 & ‘04 eliminated by Shaq Kobe & Phil. ‘05 Spre & Cassell were 35 and lost most of their juice. ‘06 & ‘07 his number 2 was Ricky Davis.

So he never had a real supporting cast to actually do anything of significance in that conference. If he got out the 1st, they would’ve talked about the conference finals like y’all do with Chris Paul :lol:

Melo 1st 7 years in the west were brutal too. Win near 50 games....be a 7th or 8th seed...and have to play the spurs or lakers :lol:

basketball is and always has a been a team game. even the greatest of the greats have fallen short of a title when the sum of their parts was less than the whole of the opposition's. it's why i vehemently disagree with using team accomplishments in a player a vs. player b comp. team accomplishments have their place, but it's overkill when those team accomplishments give someone like draymond enough gas to think he can speak eye to eye with someone like barkley.

What is this lightskin narrative y’all are pushing? I am fair skinned myself and I don’t mess with Steph that much lol

i also don’t see y’all using that narrative for LaVine, Lonzo, or Trae...
Lavine: Nobody cares about

Lonzo: West Coast, Finesse.

:lol: You've never heard anyone call Trae soft? You think if Trae looked like Kendrick Nunn THIS would have happened?

I wasn’t trying to be dismissive by asking that btw
But y’all are probably right.. I initially was gonna Steph being from the suburbs played a bigger part but I thought about CP3 who is also from the suburbs and people don’t front on him like that lol

basketball is and always has a been a team game. even the greatest of the greats have fallen short of a title when the sum of their parts was less than the whole of the opposition's. it's why i vehemently disagree with using team accomplishments in a player a vs. player b comp. team accomplishments have their place, but it's overkill when those team accomplishments give someone like draymond enough gas to think he can speak eye to eye with someone like barkley.
Been screaming this since the beginning of time but unfortunately, this isn't the message the media presents, so the regular human has a hard time understanding this style of thinking.

It ALWAYS has to be, "Player vs. _____."

Well said though

I wasn’t trying to be dismissive by asking that btw
But y’all are probably right.. I initially was gonna Steph being from the suburbs played a bigger part but I thought about CP3 who is also from the suburbs and people don’t front on him like that lol

People get things contused. Most of his fans are fans because he is lightskin, suburban, religious, seemingly small etc. Then when they see someone who isn’t a fan of his, they automatically think it’s because he is lightskin, suburban, religious, and seemingly small.

What’s funny is a lot of those same dudes were doubting Luka because he was a white dude from Europe.

On the flipside a lot dudes in here downplay how hard it is to come out of tougher environments, even if you have physical gifts.

CP3 been nutmegging for years and I don’t think anyone has confronted him
tenor.gif

People get things contused. Most of his fans are fans because he is lightskin, suburban, religious, seemingly small etc. Then when they see someone who isn’t a fan of his, they automatically think it’s because he is lightskin, suburban, religious, and seemingly small.

Exactly why I don’t want to have convos like this, here. You have dudes like this...that come along, in THESE type of Black discussions.

Not your place man. Bout to get my Khufu on :lol:

Harden averaging 30/8/6 on 61%TS and a 27PER in 8 seasons with Houston :pimp:.
I can’t wait till he finally wins that ring and gets his proper respect.

What’s funny is a lot of those same dudes were doubting Luka because he was a white dude from Europe.
You have to make it a little less obvious man. Have some tact man. :lol:

Harden averaging 30/8/6 on 61%TS and a 27PER in 8 seasons with Houston :pimp:.
I can’t wait till he finally wins that ring and gets his proper respect.

I am rooting for your man. I hope he does something big one day. He too gets a LOT of undeserved hatred from media/fans. His peers seem to respect him though, they know wassup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom