THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EaYzmuLVAAEGOlt
Bud Lightyear

I don’t think that makes him selfish. Just like the guys who may want the season to resume because they need the money aren’t necessarily selfish. Those are valid reasons for wanting to play.
I mean using your logic, wouldn’t it be selfish for Kyrie to expect everyone to make this huge of a sacrifice regardless of their personal situation?
Myrie isn’t saying “let’s not play ever again”, he’s saying “let’s put returning on hold until we get some real change going on”

That’s not selfish. Maya Moore literally is doing what Myrie is talking about but is she selfish?

As much as y’all try to separate the message from the messenger, the messenger still matters to a certain extent.

While I agree with Kyrie Irving and his message

He did this flat earther stuff to himself

I’m for whatever decision the players arrive at.

There’s things bigger than basketball and pandemic going on and they shouldn’t have to put themselves in danger if they don’t want to.

Myrie isn’t saying “let’s not play ever again”, he’s saying “let’s put returning on hold until we get some real change going on”

That’s not selfish. Maya Moore literally is doing what Myrie is talking about but is she selfish?
This is different from Maya Moore because I don’t believe she was trying to put the entire WNBA on hold to fight social injustice.
Being that what Kyrie is trying to do will require sacrifices from more individuals than just himself, those other individuals should be allowed to think about how they will personally be effected without being labeled as selfish.

While I agree with Kyrie Irving and his message

He did this flat earther stuff to himself

I’m for whatever decision the players arrive at.

There’s things bigger than basketball and pandemic going on and they shouldn’t have to put themselves in danger if they don’t want to.

I hear you, man but its just disheartening to see. This may seem extreme but at least to me, downplaying Kyrie’s sentiment about how the league can have an impact on the war against social injustice just because he said the earth is flat feels like those memes racists post on FB “<Insert innocent African American> may have been killed by the cops but look at his rap sheet”.

The same way we challenge those people to look at the situation for what it is, we have have to look at Kyrie’s viewpoint for what he’s saying.

Everything Bron has done off the court his whole career, while playing or not, has showed he's solid. But he's now the selfish for wanting to resume.

Myrie has showed he's the epitome of selfish when it comes to his career, but he's now the enlighted one.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You need a plan. You gon sit out and do what? Without a plan sitting out forever does nothing. It's like Dr. Claude Anderson doesn't exist or something. This could all be so simple.

What’s your issue with Kyrie? You acting like he THAT bad, or something :lol:.
I already admitted my hate is probably clouding my judgement here lol
I guess my main point here is that it should be easy and understandable to see why some people would be apprehensive regarding Kyrie and his intentions here.
Regardless tho I’m rocking with his viewpoint. I just disagree that what he’s proposing to do is the only way of doing it.

The league hasn’t even fully finalized the plan for how to safely resume play and y’all are questioning Kyrie’s apprehension :lol: I am a little confused as to what the hell the people in the league office have been focusing their efforts on over the past month and a half when Disney emerged as the leading host candidate.

Just a few weeks ago you didn’t even know how long the playoffs last. 🤔
I’m supposed to know the exact amount of days or weeks the playoffs are off the top of my head?

this is the same as claiming the earth is flat?

Myrie was asking about saunas and white claws last week when they asked him :lol:

Bron just started that More Than A Vote campaign too.

Everything Bron has done off the court his whole career, while playing or not, has showed he's solid. But he's now the selfish for wanting to resume.

Myrie has showed he's the epitome of selfish when it comes to his career, but he's now the enlighted one.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You need a plan. You gon sit out and do what? Without a plan sitting out forever does nothing. It's like Dr. Claude Anderson doesn't exist or something. This could all be so simple.

I’m listening. Elaborate on the simple way to get all this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom