THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie doesn't play with the Celtics in the 2018 playoffs: Celtics one game away from NBA finals
Kyrie plays with the Celtics in 2019 playoffs: Celtics get backdoor swept in the 2nd round with Kyrie averaging 20.4 on .356 shooting
Kyrie's record with the Nets this season: 8-12
Nets record without Kyrie this season: 22-22

If Kyrie really wants the "we should refuse to play" movement to succeed, he needs to leave it ASAP. Because based on his history, it would perform stronger without him.

Nah. I’m one of the most transparent posters in here. I don’t deny my agendas like you and others do lol.

I don’t have an agenda though. If Bron would have said the same thing Myrie said, I’d be championing it. I want basketball just as much as the next person but what’s going on is bigger than basketball.

don’t confuse Bron jokes with Bron hate.

Thread was doing so well yesterday with this discussion. Clearly buc em buc em took notice and set up a meeting with leavemeglazzies leavemeglazzies last night
1592154308121.gif

The torch has been passed and now we’re stuck with @Glaze Em :sick: :smh: |l

What’s your “agenda”? LeBron win more rings? That’s, “IT”?

That’s a small nba view. But hey, if that works for you 🤷🏾‍♂️.
u clearly missed the edit. But just like addict you’re not transparent either 🤷‍♂️.
Don’t try to group me with dude as a means to get likes either. That’s corny.

Last edited:
I dunno im really trying not to just reflexively be annoyed by Kyrie.

but I just always get these sense that his thinking isn't ever informed by like knowledge or facts.

He always just sounds to me like a dude who's level of knowledge on a topic is based on searching different hashtags on twitter.

but I just always get these sense that his thinking isn't ever informed by like knowledge or facts.

He always just sounds to me like a dude who's level of knowledge on a topic is based on searching different hashtags on twitter.

Maybe that’s a fair statement about Kyrie generally, but the facts he’s focusing on on this particular situation seem pretty straightforward and easy to understand.

u clearly missed the edit. But just like addict you’re not transparent either 🤷‍♂️.
Don’t try to group me with dude as a means to get likes either. That’s corny.

*****s calling it, as they see it :lol:. Everything you don’t like, isn’t #corny

Do better.

For sure.

But in this situation, it isn't just Kyrie. Kyrie is just the one who spoke up.

“we’ll come back and play if you promise to help us advance these social causes” is a much weaker bargaining position than “we aren’t coming back to play until you help us advance these social causes”.

make these owners, sponsors, broadcast companies etc hurt until they open their pockets and fund groups and campaigns actively pushing criminal justice reform and destroying the private prison industry.

Argue with what he is saying right now. Not about things that he said in the past that have no relation to what is happening now.

Him thinking the world is flat should have nothing to do with him thinking that suspending the season would have a huge positive impact on social justice

*****s calling it, as they see it :lol:. Everything you don’t like, isn’t #corny

Do better.
Idk what y’all are seeing then. I’ve said numerous times I’m in support of WHAT Kyrie is trying to do and I am also fine with the season not resuming. That doesn’t fit the narrative y’all are trying to push so yeah y’all are corny, nothing to do with what I do or don’t like.

Argue with what he is saying right now. Not about things that he said in the past that have no relation to what is happening now.

Him thinking the world is flat should have nothing to do with him thinking that suspending the season would have a huge positive impact on social justice

I already have earlier in the thread, i just think he's wrong. I take the Austin Rivers position on this.

im just saying in general it's hard for me to not let how annoying I find him sometimes cloud my judgment of what he's saying.

For sure.

But in this situation, it isn't just Kyrie. Kyrie is just the one who spoke up.

That’s been most reported. Pretty sure there wouldn’t have been 150 players on a call about this if Kyrie was the only one having second thoughts.

Y’all have a problem with people’s feelings towards Kyrie clouding their judgement of him yet y’all are pushing narratives/agendas onto other posters in here. #hypocrites #dobetter

I really think there needs to be a well funded corporate political lobbyist firm dedicated to winning material gains for black and brown people in america.

all these donations going strictly to like charities and activist groups is kinda a mistake....

the tradition of the civil rights movement and protest is laudable, but at some point you need grimy political operatives to get in the dirt and get **** done.

black americans need what corperations enjoy

a group of hyper smart cynical professionals dedicated to crushing your enemies and reclaiming blood and treasure.

Like corporate lobbyist come up with "Right to work" in order to crush unions and pay less to workers.

meanwhile activist come up with "Defund the police" a phrase that confuses or radicalizes anyone who doesn't already understand what it means.

You're white right? This ain't that. :lol:

But look at the sentence before that and get back to me.

Fair enough. I spent some time just now reading about Dr. Anderson on-line and bought one of his books. Looking forward to getting it. Thanks.

That’s been most reported. Pretty sure there wouldn’t have been 150 players on a call about this if Kyrie was the only one having second thoughts.

Kyrie
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
John Wall

Some pretty big names, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom