THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is some people are using these numbers and weighing them heavier than what actually happens on a basketball court or accounting for the variables of the sport.

Also because there's such a vast list of numbers analytics are being used as a way to discredit/overcredit players depending on the argument.
There's stats used to discredit players on a number of different fronts. All "analytics" are is numbers. We literally debate players on the basis of numbers allllll the time in this thread. I think that the term analytics is become this boogeyman at this point. They're simply stats.

No one but Filipinos gives a **** about Manny bum ***
Wasn't always the case tho.

How bout we flip it, if a 40-year old no h.s. education AMERICAN boxing champion and senator and 8-div champ were beating up 29 year old champions in their prime, would he be in same sentence as Ali, Lebron...

Last edited:
People confuse “long twos” and “contested mid range” shots for mid range shots in general.

The only shot that’s discouraged is a long two. Because you can just step back a foot or two and get more value. It makes no sense to stand 2 feet out the circle and take that shot as an “outlet”. Get behind that line...and if it comes your way...be ready, willing and able to make that shot.

That’s the philosophy behind the discouraging of long 2s. People who hate the NBA today intentionally muddy the waters tho. They’d prefer those lil baseline jumpers or elbow extended ones taking by Bill Cartwright or somebody :lol:.

Somehow, making sure your foot is behind the line to get more value for your shot, got confused with “don’t shoot any mid range shots”. That’s not the case.

People confuse “long twos” and “contested mid range” shots for mid range shots in general.

The only shot that’s discouraged is a long two. Because you can just step back a foot or two and get more value. It makes no sense to stand 2 feet out the circle and take that shot as an “outlet”. Get behind that line...and if it comes your way...be ready, willing and able to make that shot.

That’s the philosophy behind the discouraging of long 2s. People who hate the NBA today intentionally muddy the waters tho. They’d prefer those lil baseline jumpers or elbow extended ones taking by Bill Cartwright or somebody :lol:.

Somehow, making sure your foot is behind the line to get more value for your shot, got confused with “don’t shoot any mid range shots”. That’s not the case.

this. We don’t want guys shooting catch and shoot mid range jumpers anymore. Especially wings and PGs. Like that’s it

You'd have a point if the first thing out of his mouth was safety of the players. But it was financial.

That’s the part which blew my mind. The total tone deaf approach and not understanding the optics with that financial remark. It’s not that much different than the Papa Johns CEO blaming NFL players kneeling during the anthem for causing a decrease in their pizza sales.

First and second options have the luxury of playing off feel because they’re talented enough and have the opportunities to do so

and this is what I mean by the barb let’s hop crowd arguing against themselves. Who are the smart tastemakers in the league that are advocating for first and second options to not shoot the middy?

I love KD. But like I've been saying he's been missing the point from the get go and Now he's sucked into the Harden vortex.

Waiting for Kobe’s take...

E03C9144-AAE3-4741-8584-658F5B60B370.gif

i don’t want Kobe’s take on anything lol

I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” he said. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and as a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American, we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, if we’ve progressed as a society, then you don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

and you got his stans like Lizaker going at Bron lol

When speaking of the harm to players, he mentioned finances before even physically. And the whole my team had a hard week while people are in camps just highlights a lack of understanding of the situation from him as he attacks Morey.

In the clip I posted he mentions harm to the majority of people without specifying finances before he gets to the part in your video. If Morey waited until they got back that still hurts the NBA money just the same but at least the players and staff are out the country. Obviously the comments from him and others are motivated by money but there's more than money at stake is what I'm getting at. It would be nice if Bron and the rest could make a clear statement but I don't think it's as simple as them looking out for their own pockets. Saying you support Hong Kong is not just something you throw out there like Morey did, you have to be ready to jump off the deep end and fully commit because the ramifications are that deep

Why Durant feels the need to check these random strangers I just don’t understand

Right? I know the guy is still rehabbing, but there’s lots of ways he could better spend his time. Find a new hobby, read a book, get a girlfriend (or boyfriend, if that’s how he swings), something...

If I can learn to stay off of Twitter; so can KD.

There's no secret I cant stand Lebron but here's why.

Whether he was right or not, true to himself when there's heat the MF tries to take the easy route.

Once again he backtracked on his comment ....

**** what ya say .... he said it live with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom