THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then he ends up being completely wrong to boot.

Saw that too. He's said about three things so far that I've seen that are blatantly wrong, but he's the HoF player so popular opinion will automatically align with his as I said earlier. It's hilarious to watch.

"This is when I like looking at numbers " just admitting that everything you've said all day long is conjecture.

I never got that no long 2 logic either. I mean sure in theory I guess it makes sense but when your actually playing and catch the ball in rhythm ready to shoot an open shot is an open shot no matter where your feet or the line is.

I will say from personal playing experience mid range was always toughest for me to be consistent. Threes step back 2s getting to the rim post up not problem but midrange I was had a little trouble with. I think that's why I appreciate the players who make them at such a high level cause that was always kinda hard for me.

he’s not checking strangers he’s talking hoop just like you and I

you can’t understand why someone who loves hoop would want to talk hoop with others?

I see where you’re coming for but dude’s career is basketball and he’s around basketball people all the time, I just would think he’d rather talk to people he thinks know what they’re talking about than singling out random people he thinks are dumb on twitter.

There's stats used to discredit players on a number of different fronts. All "analytics" are is numbers. We literally debate players on the basis of numbers allllll the time in this thread. I think that the term analytics is become this boogeyman at this point. They're simply stats.

This has always been the most mind boggling thing about the super anti-analytics crowd :lol:

They'll dabble ALL DAY LONG in surface level stats when having a barbershop fueled player a vs player b argument...but advanced stats are the devil.

Why Durant feels the need to check these random strangers I just don’t understand

Is he "checking" random strangers or interacting with fans? Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...but I think it's pretty ******* cool that an NBA superstar is debating basketball with regular joes on Twitter.

If a player came in here and did that...would he be wrong for talking to us about the game?

Is he "checking" random strangers or interacting with fans? Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...but I think it's pretty ****ing cool that an NBA superstar is debating basketball with regular joes on Twitter.

If a player came in here and did that...would he be wrong for talking to us about the game?

I do it all the time and look at the thanks I get

begging for suspensions again?? :rofl: :rofl:

18EA1AD2-47B1-4E7B-9780-EAA23171B091.jpeg

Is he "checking" random strangers or interacting with fans? Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...but I think it's pretty ****ing cool that an NBA superstar is debating basketball with regular joes on Twitter.

I guess this case is a little different but I meant more so talking **** to teenagers in ig dm’s and the like.
I don’t think he’s doing any wrong fwiw, Twitter is just full of airheads that I don’t know are willing to listen/learn. I wouldn’t be the one is all I was saying.

I see where you’re coming for but dude’s career is basketball and he’s around basketball people all the time, I just would think he’d rather talk to people he thinks know what they’re talking about than singling out random people he thinks are dumb on twitter.

Well I mean, how you think he should be conducting himself isn't the same as how he thinks he should be conducting himself.

Hes a regular human like us who loves to talk basketball and uses social media to do so. How could that even be looked upon as a bad thing?

IMO let him rock out. Making character judgements on athletes because they choose to talk about their sport online is insane to me. He's a basketball player tweeting about...basketball :lol:

People confuse “long twos” and “contested mid range” shots for mid range shots in general.

The only shot that’s discouraged is a long two. Because you can just step back a foot or two and get more value. It makes no sense to stand 2 feet out the circle and take that shot as an “outlet”. Get behind that line...and if it comes your way...be ready, willing and able to make that shot.

That’s the philosophy behind the discouraging of long 2s. People who hate the NBA today intentionally muddy the waters tho. They’d prefer those lil baseline jumpers or elbow extended ones taking by Bill Cartwright or somebody :lol:.

Somehow, making sure your foot is behind the line to get more value for your shot, got confused with “don’t shoot any mid range shots”. That’s not the case.

“Long twos” the Melo and KG special

:lol: Just those first few paragraphs alone. Hilarious. Analytics have been used in sports since they've began, and humans seeking an edge are always looking for an advantage. Understanding the data better provides a better opportunity for them to take advantage of strengths of their owns and weaknesses of others. It's definitely more trendy for players to rebel against the "nerds" at analytics are better known publicly. Pat Riley revolutionized NBA analytics decades ago. They were tracking things like deflections before it was even popular.

I think KD interacting and trying to educate folks with some WILD *** opinions......

I mean not only is dood a PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER but dood is one of the best to touch a ball, so HE IS THE EXPERT.

some people just need to shut up and listen

I love that KD be shutting down randoms, dude using his power lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom