THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Speaking of Kanye, I was looking on GOAT a couple days ago and saw something that I hope I never see on anyone's feet, ever. They were Yeezys, except they were like Crocs, except they were like worse.

I broke down and ordered a nice pair of Wahl clippers, and told my son we're going to learn how to cut hair, using each other.

His head, I did decent. Nothing too fancy, 1st time, so just getting a feel for everything. Tried to do that Mike Trout faux hawk down to the arrow at the base of the neck in the back. Not quite, but it was decent.

My head? He's 12, so I was trying to be very understanding about that, but when I tell you 'room for improvement' and 'learning curve' and professional work jargon like that...

... BRUH, HE BUTCHERED MY ISH!!! 😂😂😂

I could see that.

Even if you’re just doing one length all over using one of the guards, it still takes a while and some attention to detail to make sure there’s no uneven spots. If I had my son cut my hair, I’m sure he’d rush through it and leave some longer patches here and there. That’s why I cut my own hair. :lol:

i mean there are some points there that are kinda valid
but idk about "insurmountable" and "another stratosphere" lol
and yall know me i'm a huge Bron guy :lol:

taking the break cold turkey then trying to come back is hard but at the same time being in that hot pocket with no fans and some players maybe sitting out counters that to a bit lol

i mean there are some points there that are kinda valid
but idk about "insurmountable" and "another stratosphere" lol
and yall know me i'm a huge Bron guy :lol:
All o' that is true for me, too. Well, except I wouldn't call myself a huge Lebby guy, but I'm definitely a fan. Both fan and critic.

But yeah, like you said, he made some good points, but took it too far, especially w/ Ali. He was talking as if it was guaranteed Lebby is going to win the championship, and how great of a hill that would be for him to climb. The thing is, it's not guaranteed that Lebby will win the championship, and whoever does win the championship if it's not the Lakers, will JWill still have that same opinion about how hard it was for them w/ the huge break and the social climate and the weird return, all that? Because they will have traveled down the same path with the only difference being that they aren't as popular.

All o' that is true for me, too. Well, except I wouldn't call myself a huge Lebby guy, but I'm definitely a fan. Both fan and critic.

But yeah, like you said, he made some good points, but took it too far, especially w/ Ali. He was talking as if it was guaranteed Lebby is going to win the championship, and how great of a hill that would be for him to climb. The thing is, it's not guaranteed that Lebby will win the championship, and whoever does win the championship if it's not the Lakers, will JWill still have that same opinion about how hard it was for them w/ the huge break and the social climate and the weird return, all that? Because they will have traveled down the same path with the only difference being that they aren't as popular.
it's for sure a hard hill to climb cuz everything going on
but i think he putting Bron like that cuz of how he's spoken on social issues as well as creating the More than a Vote campaign like he not talking about it he being about it lol

trying to make him the Ali of this generation tho i'm not sure lol

^ Speaking of Kanye, I was looking on GOAT a couple days ago and saw something that I hope I never see on anyone's feet, ever. They were Yeezys, except they were like Crocs, except they were like worse.
[
2F8C44E7-BBDB-4723-8E8F-0D13500E75F3.jpeg
/SPOILER]

Kanye West liked the UA Forge 96 so much that he wanted to sign a deal with UA to design sneakers and lifestyle clothing. They agreed on a contract but UA added that every shoe must have the big “X” on them. Kanye wanted it out of the contract and wanted the “X” only on the insole. Under Armor told him to take it or leave it😂
1593288916880.jpeg

1593288976813.jpeg
Boot version had potential too..
CAB0D41A-CAC6-4C58-BABE-2218FC381F0F.jpeg

Jalen, bruh. 😂😂😂

'Wait...'

Screenshot_20200627-143511_Samsung Internet.jpg

'But...'

Screenshot_20200627-143441_Samsung Internet.jpg

*JWill mentions Ali*

Screenshot_20200627-143408_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-143603_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jay Rose's response was better though and everybody else was agreeing with him. Basically to suggest that him winning a title this season would put him eye to eye or close in the same realm as MJ when he ain't passed Magic or Kareem in his eyes.

Jay Rose's response was better though
Better? Better than something? Better than someone else's response? How did you mean 'better'? Better than you think I meant? I'm confused on the use of the word 'better' there, and your overall point, I think.

Kanye West liked the UA Forge 96 so much that he wanted to sign a deal with UA to design sneakers and lifestyle clothing. They agreed on a contract but UA added that every shoe must have the big “X” on them. Kanye wanted it out of the contract and wanted the “X” only on the insole. Under Armor told him to take it or leave it😂
1593288916880.jpeg

1593288976813.jpeg
BiscuitYe talk? Smh.

Jay Will....that was a lot lol.

So if Lakers/Bron dont win, and someone else travels to the hotbed of Florida and survives the onslaught of Covid and the playoffs and emerges victorious as the champs, do they get that same praise or is it soley designated to just Lebby?

and I dont mean being mentioned in the same breath as Ali/Jordan/Magic. But are ppl gonna be weighing this ship as anything more than....a ship? Because At least in my conversations with ppl around my way its already predetermined that this ship will have an asterisk next to it.

Jay Will....that was a lot lol.

So if Lakers/Bron dont win, and someone else travels to the hotbed of Florida and survives the onslaught of Covid and the playoffs and emerges victorious as the champs, do they get that same praise or is it soley designated to just Lebby?

and I dont mean being mentioned in the same breath as Ali/Jordan/Magic. But are ppl gonna be weighing this ship as anything more than....a ship? Because At least in my conversations with ppl around my way its already predetermined that this ship will have an asterisk next to it.

Whenever Bron wins a chip it's weighted more than any other and its been apparent for a while. Hell even when he just gets there and doesn't win.

Better? Better than something? Better than someone else's response? How did you mean 'better'? Better than you think I meant? I'm confused on the use of the word 'better' there, and your overall point, I think.

Better counter to his argument. I'll have to see if I can find the sound bite.

So, by the Jay Williams logic, if the Clippers win and Kawhi is tournament MVP, I guess he has to be in the Top 5 all-time convo because he will have done multiple things nobody else ever has.
Dude, if Kiwi wins Finals MVP... ER... Throwback to Orientation Classic MVP... as the Clippers FINALLY decorate the place, that completely effs up the GOAT conversation.

3 rings, 3 championship MVPS... ON THREE TEAMS?! Like, WHAAAT THE HELL DO WE DO WITH THAT?! That's GOTTA be top 5... but... he's not top 5 RIGHT NOW. So 2 months from RIGHT NOW, he could be?

Dude, if Kiwi wins Finals MVP... ER... Throwback to Orientation Classic MVP... as the Clippers FINALLY decorate the place, that completely effs up the GOAT conversation.

3 rings, 3 championship MVPS... IN THREE TEAMS?! Like, WHAAAT THE HELL DO WE DO WITH THAT?! That's GOTTA be top 5... but... he's not top 5 RIGHT NOW. So 2 months from RIGHT NOW, he could be?

He CAN'T be considering he's only had 3 or 4 elite seasons.

3 rings, 3 championship MVPS... ON THREE TEAMS?! Like, WHAAAT THE HELL DO WE DO WITH THAT?! That's GOTTA be top 5... but... he's not top 5 RIGHT NOW. So 2 months from RIGHT NOW, he could be?
And still less than 10k points and 4k rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom