THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There really isn't a good comparison for Kawhi though in his trajectory because even when he was in SA and won that finals MVP he wasn't the guy on that team. But then again you have one of the best postseason runs of all time last season and if he brings the first title to another franchise that has to elevate him to all time great maybe top 25-30ish players even though all his stats and things are severely lacking.

There really isn't a good comparison for Kawhi though in his trajectory because even when he was in SA and won that finals MVP he wasn't the guy on that team. But then again you have one of the best postseason runs of all time last season and if he brings the first title to another franchise that has to elevate him to all time great maybe top 25-30ish players even though all his stats and things are severely lacking.

Yeah, he’s only got 4 all-star appearances and 2 all-NBA selections (not including all-defense). It feels like he’s been elite for longer than he has for some reason.

Assuming he gets another ring in the next few years, he’s going to be pretty unique in having a post-season resume that’s much more impressive than his regular season body of work.

Last edited:
Yeah, he’s only got 4 all-star appearances and 2 all-NBA selections (not including all-defense). It feels like he’s been elite for longer than he has for some reason.

Assuming he gets another ring in the next few years, he’s going to be pretty unique in having a post-season resume that’s much more impressive than his regular season body of work.

Yeah, stat-wise, he's never going to compare favorably to all-time greats in some categories. Slow start to his career, too many games missed due to rest, plus that missed season all add up. But his postseason success, awards and hardware are on track to compare with the best players in history. Also, he does have a third All-NBA nod (Second Team last season)

I feel the same way about this symbolic gesture as I do about all these voice actors giving up their roles playing cartoon characters on screen that are portrayed as a different race or the realtors association in one state removing 'master' from the bedroom listing. Seems everybody wants to do everything except what the people are actually asking for. It's getting quite annoying.

I feel the same way about this symbolic gesture as I do about all these voice actors giving up their roles playing cartoon characters on screen that are portrayed as a different race or the realtors association in one state removing 'master' from the bedroom listing. Seems everybody wants to do everything except what the people are actually asking for. It's getting quite annoying.

yeah I get what you’re saying. But this country ****ed up mane and I don’t see significant change for a while

i know it’s not much but I feel this kinda dope tbh

1593316166242.jpeg

yeah I get what you’re saying. But this country ****ed up mane and I don’t see significant change for a while

Except we have seen tangible change in certain aspects in a short period of time. I know that people watching a game instead of being out in the streets like they have been every day isn't going to help what's going on.

Except we have seen tangible change in certain aspects in a short period of time. I know that people watching a game instead of being out in the streets like they have been every day isn't going to help what's going on.
Gonna take a lot to shake **** up
You know who the people in power are and there’s a Buncha like laid off cops going vigilante **** is scary RN

I’ll take it. Kind of what i called for earlier with the jersey changes. If done right it could at least piss off some of THEM. it’s a small gesture that will remind everyone what’s going on.

i know it’s not much but I feel this kinda dope tbh

I thought about this after I saw the Wizards avy change. If Nike releases these they’ll make bank which should then be donated to social justice causes. It’s really a no brainer.

the realtors association in one state removing 'master' from the bedroom listing.

:wow: I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ve been so conditioned that I never once thought about that. Good move but what are they calling it now? Mortgagee/Renter Bedroom?

I’ll take it. Kind of what i called for earlier with the jersey changes. If done right it could at least piss off some of THEM. it’s a small gesture that will remind everyone what’s going on.
Yeah I meant at least it can draw attention and open a dialogue
In the grand scheme of things that isn’t much but **** is crooked in the States

I disagree maybe because I've actually been out in the streets almost every week these performative acts in place of actual action isn't keeping the pressure on anyone. It's not really causing a dialogue b/c people are going to be back comfortable as their basketball is back. NBA should mandate their sponsors and the league put their money behind actual legislation to change this ****.

I'm reminded of the Malcolm X quote about the white man will try to satisfy us with symbolic gestures instead of actual economic equity and justice. The time for these token actions is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom