THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet it right back
3292FEEE-CFA4-4FED-A1F5-36E8FE7A9A5A.gif

I may not agree but I respect Isaac’s right to not participate in the kneeling

and I have the right to dislike watching women play basketball professionally without being labeled a sexist or misogynist or whatever else

I have the right to dislike watching women play basketball professionally without being labeled a sexist or misogynist or whatever else

I concur but that's not the issue. The issue is dudes saying WNBA players suck and that their local high school boy's frosh team would sweep the Mystics in a 7-Game series. Not only is it false but it's disrespectful.

One of the biggest draws for watching the NBA or any men basketball is the combo of world-class athleticism + world-class skills. Watching the WNBA or any women basketball is flat out not exciting for me and probably the majority of other guys based off the middle school level athleticism displayed.

wouldn't mind if the wnba run their season during the same time as the nba. it would be an awesome fan experience if you can catch a mystic and wiz gm back to back for cities that have both teams. or have a wnba game lead into the night game on national tv

Yeah this is really all I needed to see to know it's not worth going back and forth with you on this topics.

I think that's different than saying it's bad. I might be semantics but I think that matters in this discussion.
22D1B5E0-D9EF-4CA4-A94A-7CE07750C6D0.png

That’s Maya- one of the goats, talking about pickup players.
I’ll admit a part of my feelings towards women’s hoops (besides seeing the product on the court) is I also played some scout team in college for the girls squad. I wasn’t good enough to play d1 , i still played pickup every day, my homies were on the team and I could do it if I wanted. So I tried it and it was fun. Free team gear and team hoop shoes. The guys were all “rec” players, right, but everyone could go. It was understood we had to tone it wayyyyy down. The goal is to get them better, not to blow by them every play or block all their shots. The program was trash but I honestly don’t think it’d be MUCH different at the top programs. Rec league guys to push the women to get better and the guys can’t go full speed or else it’s unfair.

22D1B5E0-D9EF-4CA4-A94A-7CE07750C6D0.png

That’s Maya- one of the goats, talking about pickup players.
I’ll admit a part of my feelings towards women’s hoops (besides seeing the product on the court) is I also played some scout team in college for the girls squad. I wasn’t good enough to play d1 , i still played pickup every day, my homies were on the team and I could do it if I wanted. So I tried it and it was fun. Free team gear and team hoop shoes. The guys were all “rec” players, right, but everyone could go. It was understood we had to tone it wayyyyy down. The goal is to get them better, not to blow by them every play or block all their shots. The program was trash but I honestly don’t think it’d be MUCH different at the top programs. Rec league guys to push the women to get better and the guys can’t go full speed or else it’s unfair.

Thank you for elaborating on the origins of your viewpoint. While there is validity in what you said, I think that speaks more to male basketball players vs female basketball players. We are discussing female basketball players exclusively but I see how it is difficult to separate the two given your personal experience (pretty cool btw - I didn’t know that was a thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom