THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph > KD to me.

This is fair and to me they’re close, but KD being better than Steph on two of Steph’s 3 rings plus his career resume and profile kind of tips it in KD’s favor. And I think KD is flat out better.

I value head to head heavily though and in the offs Steph got him so idk. It’s close.

Last edited:
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Bron
Shaq
Kobe
Bird
Hakeem

Wilt, Oscar & Bill Russell in there somewhere. But if we talking the modern era...those are the guys. KD at 10...and Steph on the heels of that group.

Keep him outta there — keep him out of where?

so if he wins this year and next year hypothetically,

then what?

Idk. Which is why I said he'll need his own category cause even if he's one of the best playoff performers of all time, he's still missing 15-20 games every season which will hurt in the other part of the equation when you're evaluating all time.

But even assuming that is wild considering the franchise he's playing for, but I digress.

This is fair and to me they’re close, but KD being better than Steph on two of Steph’s 3 rings but his career resume and profile kind of tips it in KD’s favor.

I value head to head heavily though and in the offs Steph got him so idk. It’s close.
It's splitting hairs I agree but to me Steph was KDs foil when it was time for him to really make that move. KD just has a higher mismatch profile too making it easier to abuse his skillset but it was fully maximized via Steph.

This whole thing is nuts but I think about Steph vs KD a lot

KD has been more dominant than Steph to me. His resume is more packed. It's interesting how one playoff series can weigh so heavily though for some players and be dismissed in others case when the resumes aren't really comparable otherwise. I peep who it is though.

Whose ya'll top 10 of players you have actually seen play through their primes? I started watching the NBA daily in 1999-2000 during the Knicks finals run. For me its...

Kobe
Lebron
Shaq
Duncan
Dirk
Curry
KD
KG
Kawhi
Iverson

A portion of Jordans legacy is tied to the fact that he blocked so many people from getting rings, and in 2015 when the narrative was Bron, Thunder or Rockets, Steph Curry came and blocked a lot of people from getting even a real look at one.

Not here to argue about it though I won't convince anyone who doesn't already agree

A portion of Jordans legacy is tied to the fact that he blocked so many people from getting rings, and in 2015 when the narrative was Bron, Thunder or Rockets, Steph Curry came and blocked a lot of people from getting even a real look at one.

Not here to argue about it though I won't convince anyone who doesn't already agree

Steph blocked who? Bron actually got a ring off of him and the servant came and took over as the best player on the team. Kawhi got one last season off of him as well.

KD has been more dominant than Steph to me. His resume is more packed. It's interesting how one playoff series can weigh so heavily though for some players and be dismissed in others case when the resumes aren't really comparable otherwise. I peep who it is though.
I’m with you on this one... if we’re on the same page
F Stephen curry

If I'm paying respect to the greats of old and their gaudy numbers then it goes

Mike
Kareem
Magic
Bron
Bill
Wilt
Duncan
Shaq
Bird
Kobe

But if I'm not then get them old *** ****** the **** up out of there and slide slightly less old Hakeem and Moses in at the bottom. Yes Moses, can't be top 10 all time in pts and rebounds, be a 3 time MVP, win a chip and get disrespected like that.

I agree to an extent. However no one has gotten a ring of Jordan in a 7 game series. To play devils advocate, Lebron got a ring off Steph while Steph was literally at his best.

There's hella all time greats that have eaten in this last decade. Dirk, Bron/Wade, Duncan, Steph/KD, Kawhi. Nobody really stopped anybody else from getting chips.

Hell if Harden and CP0 didn't choke so much they coulda got in on the party as well.

The thing I hear most about Steve Nash recently is that he allegedly didn't deserve the MVP awards he won. Given that, he might actually be underrated now.
No one else has a case for 05 at all. It's not close. He took a 20 win team to 60 wins.
06 can be argued but look at it this way, Amare got injured and everyone thought they'd be *** without his scoring.
Instead Nash improved his personal numbers from his previous MVP year, had a 50 40 90 season and they won 50 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom