THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be surprised if Miami trades for Giannis, with one season left on his contract. A trade package is probably centered around Bam and Herro. I feel Heat might as well gamble Giannis doesn’t resign with the Bucks and make their pitch in free agency.

Reactions: Ube
I’ll be surprised if Miami trades for Giannis, with one season left on his contract. A trade package is probably centered around Bam and Herro. I feel Heat might as well gamble Giannis doesn’t resign with the Bucks and make their pitch in free agency.
That's reportedly been the plan all along, Riles has apparently been preparing for a busy offseason 2021-22 when you'll have the likes of Giannis, Kawhi, CP, Oladipo and Beal most likely all hitting free agency. Better to focus on adding more auxiliary pieces this year to have in place to make as strong a pitch as possible come 2021 than ship off the young and cheap talent you've been developing imo.

Think the developement of the young guns in the team would also make him reconsider using them as trade bait and bank on FA instead.

Can't see Giannis resigning with Milwaukee as presently built either so think it'd be worth waiting out for that offseason

Last edited:
no need to make that move now

they can take on 1 year deals and wait for 2021
especially if giannis is non-commital to re-sign in MIL

I think the Heat will re-sign Dragic/Crowder to one year contracts and run it back. I think they have cap room to sign a good player to a one year contract to boot too.

I think the Heat will re-sign Dragic/Crowder to one year contracts and run it back. I think they have cap room to sign a good player to a one year contract to boot too.
They tried to bring in Gallo at the deadline but think the deal fell through with the 3rd team in the deal.

He's a FA this offseason so fully expecting Riley to be back in for him

They tried to bring in Gallo at the deadline but think the deal fell through with the 3rd team in the deal.

Gallo wanted an extension bag. Riley trying to keep that cap space free for 2021 and a certain Greek.

He’d fit nice. Prob would make Crowder expendable.

if I’m Gallo I’d want a multi year deal though

Heat have a lot of money coming off the books this offseason.

Dragic, Crowder, Meyers, Solomon are all FA. $52 million right there.

Kelly O and his 13.5 million will probably be used as a trade chip.

Buns, Herro, Duncan, Bam, Iggy, Nunn core still intact. A lot of possibilities here.

EBCF8DA6-F5C6-4496-A8B5-6A6E1FD8A2FD.jpeg

Heat have a lot of money coming off the books this offseason.

Dragic, Crowder, Meyers, Solomon are all FA. $52 million right there.

Kelly O and his 13.5 million will probably be used as a trade chip.

Buns, Herro, Duncan, Bam, Iggy, Nunn core still intact. A lot of possibilities here.
Will be interesting to see what they do at PG, either resign Goran or go another direction. Would be great if he recovers 100% and is resigned. If not, I like K Nunn but they’ll need another 1a 1b backup/starter type like what he and goran were.

Will be interesting to see what they do at PG, either resign Goran or go another direction. Would be great if he recovers 100% and is resigned. If not, I like K Nunn but they’ll need another 1a 1b backup/starter type like what he and goran were.

That'll depend on what Dragic is looking for this offseason. If financial security is at the top of the list this might be the end of his tenure here in South Beach.

antidope antidope - any sense of what the Spurs do this offseason? Since the playoff steak is done, will they finally blow it up (let DeRozan walk and trade LMA)?

antidope antidope - any sense of what the Spurs do this offseason? Since the playoff steak is done, will they finally blow it up (let DeRozan walk and trade LMA)?
DDR has a player option, I pray he still thinks he's actually worth more than that and opts out. THEN we can blow it up.

What about Pop, and who’s the heir? Timmy, Becky?
I hope he leaves. He should not be here for this and quite frankly him being there still is the reason we have not blown it up. Sometimes you just have to step to the side. BUT he has earned the right to do what he wants.

I would rather see Becky do it if I had the choice of the two. She has put the time in.

I hope he leaves. He should not be here for this and quite frankly him being there still is the reason we have not blown it up. Sometimes you just have to step to the side. BUT he has earned the right to do what he wants.

I would rather see Becky do it if I had the choice of the two. She has put the time in.
would be dope to see Becky get it but I always pictured Pop wanting to put her in a position to succeed.. that’s tough for anyone to take over a team ready to blow it up with no pieces to build around

Gallo 1 year in Miami :nerd:

I still need to see if the AD shooting is sustainable but I can see the argument there. We've already discussed the whole "Heliocentric ball doesn't really help Giannia/Harden/Luka" thing. The Kawhi placement is odd to me but alas, the results were what they were.

LeBron James is back to being in a tier by himself for me. Which makes me feel like I should have never removed him from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom