THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like that all depends on what expectations you are placing on them.

Most people don't think they are going to be a playoff team right? They should be on Dallas level.

If they are close to PHX record-wise, then I would agree with you. I don't personally see that happening though.
Dallas and new New Orleans along with Sacramento should be competing for the 8th seed...fair expectation?

I mean I do understand why but the pelicans are primed to be the league’s most disappointing team to me personally
The average age on that team is what, early 20s if you take out Favors.*edit and Redick

Anyone's expectations should be them being young and exciting with Zion havng a roy season. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Pels should win 35-40 games. They're schedule to start the season is hell though.

I like the mix of youth and vets they have and Gentry is a great offensive coach.

I mean I do understand why but the pelicans are primed to be the league’s most disappointing team to me personally
A team that's being lead by a rookie and guys who I had no faith in when they were Lakers doesn't intrigue me.

I like Jrue and Gentry a lot through.

Oh I just remembered trivia. A JJ Redick team has only missed the playoffs once in his career. So it says something about where a 35 yr old Redick thinks the direction of the team is going if he leaves Philly to sign with NOLA

*edit

Please don't take this post to mean that I think Nola will be better than Philly

Starting job + money doesn't hurt.
Not necessarily a guarantee Redick starts. Depends on what Gentry wants. If he wants spacing to start the game he'll go with Redick. If he wants to start with length and defensive versatility he might go Lonzo - Jrue - Ingram - Zion - Favors

Redick should close though. Always need spacing at the end of the game.

Not necessarily a guarantee Redick starts. Depends on what Gentry wants. If he wants spacing to start the game he'll go with Redick. If he wants to start with length and defensive versatility he might go Lonzo - Jrue - Ingram - Zion - Favors

The roster has zero shooting. He's absolutely starting.

Imagine rolling out FIVE sub 33% shooters in 2019

Pelicans gonna be garbage. Zion will be lit tho.
Brooklyn gonna be a bottom 3 seed.
Celtics 50 wins easy.

Last edited:
As long as the Pels are relatively healthy they're fighting for an 8th seed this year.

not to mention if they really think it's important to get to the playoffs this year, they have excessive options to add another piece if they want.

Don’t think the Pels will fall off that much. As great as AD is, he’s a bit overrated as a #1 option. Much more balanced team now. They’re kind in the Mavs territory. Should win 35-40 games if everyone healthy and Zion plays like the ROY

If the pels were competing for the 8th seed down the stretch they would exceed my expectations

They’re a brand new team with rookies and players trying to figure out their roles and who they are. Chemistry isn’t to be assumed especially if reddick misses any time.. the shooting and spacing are issues

where are the lakers? thread starter is a complete idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom