THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mavs have two stars, they should do a better job surrounding them with proper talent.

Luka/ JJ/ Delon Wright
THJ/ Seth Curry
Justin Jackson (?)/ Courtney Lee
Porzingiz/ Dwight Powell
Maxi Kleber/ Boban

That just won't cut it.

The Mavs have two stars, they should do a better job surrounding them with proper talent.

Luka/ JJ/ Delon Wright
THJ/ Seth Curry
Justin Jackson (?)/ Courtney Lee
Porzingiz/ Dwight Powell
Maxi Kleber/ Boban

That just won't cut it.

Knick Great Courtney Lee :pimp: :pimp:

Pelicans? 35 to 40 wins??? Fighting for the 8th seed?

Helllllll nahhhh

32 wins max

The 2017-18 Lakers one 35 with essentially the same core except instead of Kuzma/Randle/Lopez... it's Jrue/Zion/JJ/Favors as the rest of the team. With Ingram 7 Lonzo both improving.. so it's really hard for me to see them not winning 35+ games this year.

The 2017-18 Lakers one 35 with essentially the same core except instead of Kuzma/Randle/Lopez... it's Jrue/Zion/JJ/Favors as the rest of the team. With Ingram 7 Lonzo both improving.. so it's really hard for me to see them not winning 35+ games this year.
The West top to bottom is also substantially better while those guys have only gotten marginally better.

The West top to bottom is also substantially better while those guys have only gotten marginally better.

the west had 10 teams over .500 that year it's marginally better at best now, and not only did they get better but the pieces around them now is better than what they had & the coach is better than they had. They also have much less expectations & aren't forced into the spotlight as much as they were.

The Blazers aren’t finishing with a better record than any of the Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Spurs or Jazz. So nah he isn’t coming close to MVP. I legitimately see them fighting for the last playoff spot with the Thunder (if they keep CP3 and Gallo), Pelicans, Kings and Mavs.

Blazers are always slept on. They have the most chemistry to start right out the gate.

Replacing Turner with Bazemore is a major upgrade, much better fit. As well as Covington, who is always solid everywhere he goes.

Getting Whiteside and Pau as insurance for Nurkic was important.

I see them as contenders.

Blazers are always rated properly. 2nd tier team in the conference, they won't get past the top 3/4 teams in the west.

Blazers are always slept on. They have the most chemistry to start right out the gate.

Replacing Turner with Bazemore is a major upgrade, much better fit. As well as Covington, who is always solid everywhere he goes.

Getting Whiteside and Pau as insurance for Nurkic was important.

I see them as contenders.

Hell nah. They don’t have Covington so idk who you’re thinking about...maybe Tolliver? They lost a lot of important role players, Whiteside is an idiot, Pau is 39 and just had surgery, Bazemore is a decent add but they have nobody at all to guard wing players. They got worse this offseason. They’re gonna have some trouble this season.

Hell nah. They don’t have Covington so idk who you’re thinking about...maybe Tolliver? They lost a lot of important role players, Whiteside is an idiot, Pau is 39 and just had surgery, Bazemore is a decent add but they have nobody at all to guard wing players. They got worse this offseason. They’re gonna have some trouble this season.
Do you have them missing the playoffs? If so, care to put up some money?

I'm really intrigued to see what Draymond plays like out of the gate. He has to be aware that him playing at a high level from the jump is going to be key to the team's success while Klay is out.

I'm really intrigued to see what Draymond plays like out of the gate. He has to be aware that him playing at a high level from the jump is going to be key to the team's success while Klay is out.

Defensively they will be cheeks but offensively, out of the gate, does this team take a step back from the ‘14-‘15 squad? While a slightly worse shooter than Klay, DLo adds playmaking ability as opposed to just spotting up.

Defensively they will be cheeks but offensively, out of the gate, does this team take a step back from the ‘14-‘15 squad? While a slightly worse shooter than Klay, DLo adds playmaking ability as opposed to just spotting up.
I just think there's a lot of different factors, and playing great (or trash) defense has a large impact on your offense. DLo definitely brings some helpful playmaking, but that's never really been an issue for them because that's Draymond and Steve's role. They shot 40% from 3 as a team that year. Don't see any chance of that being replicated this year.

I just think there's a lot of different factors, and playing great (or trash) defense has a large impact on your offense. DLo definitely brings some helpful playmaking, but that's never really been an issue for them because that's Draymond and Steve's role. They shot 40% from 3 as a team that year. Don't see any chance of that being replicated this year.

Ironically they shot 40% from 3 in ‘14-‘15 as well. I guess my point was DLo can willingly spot up or catch then create a bucket (which you wouldn’t get from Klay but you also lost with the KD departure - to be clear, I’m not saying he’s anywhere as good at it as KD before y’all start going in :lol: ). I think he was a good piece to add given what happened in free agency

GS won't have home court in the playoffs. At max they'll be a 5 seed. Draymond ain't got any motivation now to beast.

Ironically they shot 40% from 3 in ‘14-‘15 as well. I guess my point was DLo can willingly spot up or catch then create a bucket (which you wouldn’t get from Klay but you also lost with the KD departure - to be clear, I’m not saying he’s anywhere as good at it as KD before y’all start going in :lol: ). I think he was a good piece to add given what happened in free agency
Yeah I was saying that they shot like that from 3 in 14-15. They should still be top 10 offensively, but they could also be bottom 10 defensively. Their depth this year is also trash compared to that 14-15 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom