THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not keep him & have 2 of Kawhi/PG/Lou on the court at all times? All 3 are equally comfortable & deadly on or off the ball.

Agree and with Kawhi, PG, Bev, Shamet and Harkless we have enough good/great defenders to cover Lou’s shortcomings on that end...

Why would the Clips not bring Trez back next year? There's no way you are going to have both Kawhi and BPG in their primes along with a bunch of other good role players and not be willing to go into the tax.

Yup. DeRozan too. Zero impact game after game.

The team is better off without them. Period.

On the bright side, Murray, Forbes and White are all solid young pieces. Them and a high lottery pick could be something in a few years

Clips would be smart as hell to trade Lou, it may hurt them a bit in the regular season but they're trying to win a ring.

Lou is 33 in his 14th year, and has been pretty bad in the playoffs every year outside of last years. (He's at 12/2/2 on 38/26/80 for his career).

Lou could get you back a solid 4/5 man & that's more optimal to the Clips than having lout there.

Who if we take into account defense & how's he's performed in the playoffs isn't even gonna be closing games for them.

They would be down some handling/playmaking but i think they could grab that in the buyout market.

Why would the Clips not bring Trez back next year? There's no way you are going to have both Kawhi and BPG in their primes along with a bunch of other good role players and not be willing to go into the tax.

I think they would want too but He's going to be a FA in one of the weakest FA classes of the past decade & i could see someone overpaying for him which sure Balmer can afford the Tax but you have to be real careful paying that when your team is already low on cap space & youth going forward

598F330D-53F6-40D5-AA91-9CB81DFD530C.png

Never had a guy on this team who could get any shot, any time like Kawhichael.

You mean except in the first 3 quarters? ?

I think they would want too but He's going to be a FA in one of the weakest FA classes of the past decade & i could see someone overpaying for him which sure Balmer can afford the Tax but you have to be real careful paying that when your team is already low on cap space & youth going forward
you keep the pieces that give your team depth and insurance to make deep playoff runs in the 3-4 year window that you have.
youth and cap space dont win chips
losing out trez for being cheap and trading away lou is basically reverting back to the old clippers way...something they dont seem to want to associate with anymore

I hear you, but they are in the best position the franchise has ever been in. Just don't see why it would make any sense to get cheap, and piss off your 2 best players in the process. He's a perfect fit for them, and they'd be capped out without him anyways.

3 of the teams with cap space all have young guys that play the same role as Harrell (Hawks/Grizz/Knicks). Not sure he really fits the timeline that Cleveland seems to be going with. MJ is a moron, so I could see him giving him a big offer sheet, but is Trez really going to go to the worst team in the league if the Clips will give him a solid bag? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom