THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point people have regarding your messages are you make every single thing either a race/female rights issue. Great messages, everyone should be on board and fighting for equality, but you try and fit that message into every situation that has nothing to do with those issues.

The parallel here is Perk talking about nothing related to mental health, but Royce White somehow bringing that into the conversation. The problem with that is it makes it hard for the other side to refute what he’s saying because Royce can quickly play the “see you don’t care about mental health” card even though that’s irrelevant in this situation. Politicians doing it on both sides and it’s a major reason why nothing ever gets done. If I’m missing something about what Perk said it’s my bad. Not taking a shot at you or what you stand for, that’s just my perspective.
Royce also went from
Melo is blackballed
Lebron should have him on a team
Melo vs Dudley
Calling kendrick a biscuit boy and a slave
Then talking about malcom x and mental health.

Yea saying he's going undrafted is a hater comment, his defense could be exposed as the NBL games will be streaming/televised for all to see. Even with that it's hard to imagine him dropping out of the lottery with his offensive game improving all the time. Shot is unorthodox (still better than Zo's though) but if he can shoot 30% from 3 he'll be fine. Outside of his defense I'd say biggest question marks are his durability and ability to play make against guys who will play strong d on him.

LMAO cant wait until the draft.

I just took a quick look and every 2020 mock draft that’s been put out (B/R, NBC, NBADraft.net) has LaMelo going somewhere in the lottery. For whatever that’s worth...

When you live in a society that is dominated through white male supremacy and you are one of the benefactors, or are trying to attain the same sort of privilege as white males, you do not see how everything that is championed in that society is connected to race and gender. You market toward people due to their gender and race demo, you determine educational standards due to race, and politics are broken down through race as well. Things such as medicine is broken down through race, and entertainment, including sports, are broken down through race all the time. Nothing is innocent in a society that has been ruined through white supremacy, which does nothing but celebrate mediocrity.

White fans have built in protections which allow them to voice their opinions on players, using coded language. Up until the last two years due to Kaep's knee, those privileges had never been challenged publicly. Now it is getting worse and worse, and you have pundits like Jason Whitlock, and those who emulate him here, trying to protect white privilege, as if it needs to be protected. Black people should no longer be forced to hide their grievances, just to make white people feel comfortable.

They aren't the only ones who support these athletes, and it is time that they are placed on notice.
What does any of this have to do with what Perk said. I legitimately don’t get it

Too bad Lamelo's team won't be playing the the NBL vs NBA preseason games. RJ's team will so should be interesting to see how much he plays.

What does any of this have to do with what Perk said. I legitimately don’t get it
I think the point people have regarding your messages are you make every single thing either a race/female rights issue. Great messages, everyone should be on board and fighting for equality, but you try and fit that message into every situation that has nothing to do with those issues.
When you live in a society that is dominated through white male supremacy and you are one of the benefactors, or are trying to attain the same sort of privilege as white males, you do not see how everything that is championed in that society is connected to race and gender. You market toward people due to their gender and race demo, you determine educational standards due to race, and politics are broken down through race as well. Things such as medicine is broken down through race, and entertainment, including sports, are broken down through race all the time. Nothing is innocent in a society that has been ruined through white supremacy, which does nothing but celebrate mediocrity.

White fans have built in protections which allow them to voice their opinions on players, using coded language. Up until the last two years due to Kaep's knee, those privileges had never been challenged publicly. Now it is getting worse and worse, and you have pundits like Jason Whitlock, and those who emulate him here, trying to protect white privilege, as if it needs to be protected. Black people should no longer be forced to hide their grievances, just to make white people feel comfortable.

They aren't the only ones who support these athletes, and it is time that they are placed on notice.

I didn't address Perk, of which isn't any of my concern.

Bill Simmons said clippers will be one of the greatest defensive teams ever
And called moe harkless a great defender
:emoji_thinking:

Bill Simmons said clippers will be one of the greatest defensive teams ever
And called moe harkless a great defender
:emoji_thinking:
He could remove the word defensive from that statement. The Clippers are already one of the greatest teams ever with one of the greatest coaching staffs ever put together.

I just don’t see how they don’t win it all this year.

Last edited:
GOAT of smoothness = T-Mac

False.

The correct answer is:
i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom