THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Ntilikina
Josh Barrett
Tobias Morris
Al Gibson
Joel Portis

BB7C3054-4595-4991-96EF-E3E2E34F2E35.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Vince Carter blowing by ppl and putting big men on posters at 35

Vince could jump but he never had great foot speed. Plus he was a two footed jumper.

Bron still got good top speed at this point and being a one foot jumper he can still catch bodies when he gets rolling.

This what happens when you play 4 bigs. The 6ers are a luxurious version of the knicks

It’s bad. Makes every single game a slugfest where even the games against bad teams are close because Horford, Tobias and Ben aren’t even great at posting up to take advantage of these mismatches. And we’re now forced to give big minutes to Furkan who we were actually going to let go of til the last second this offseason.

Yes I’ve complained that 8 of our first 11 games were on the road and mostly all out west so our traveling has been ridiculous for the first three weeks of a season but watching this team play has been just ****ing ugly. It shouldn’t look this bad regardless of where we’re playing. And it doesn’t help that we’ve only had our starting 5 for 6 games because of Ben’s shoulder, Embiid’s suspension and rest management.

It’s bad. Makes every single game a slugfest where even the games against bad teams are close because Horford, Tobias and Ben aren’t even great at posting up to take advantage of these mismatches. And we’re now forced to give big minutes to Furkan who we were actually going to let go of til the last second this offseason.

Yes I’ve complained that 8 of our first 11 games were on the road and mostly all out west so our traveling has been ridiculous for the first three weeks of a season but watching this team play has been just ****ing ugly. It shouldn’t look this bad regardless of where we’re playing. And it doesn’t help that we’ve only had our starting 5 for 6 games because of Ben’s shoulder, Embiid’s suspension and rest management.
This is exactly how I envisioned their offense it's just that I figured their defense would look better. They're good but not exceptionally elite like I figured

By the time the playoffs roll around I expect their defense to improve and that should close the gap offensively

This is exactly how I envisioned their offense it's just that I figured their defense would look better. They're good but not exceptionally elite like I figured

By the time the playoffs roll around I expect their defense to improve and that should close the gap offensively

Yeah but there’s zero chance this is what the team looks like by the playoffs. At least one or two shooters will be traded for. Elton Brand has also proven he’s not afraid to make a bold move as well. And there was already whispers last year that he was looking into trading Ben. I gotta wonder if him coming out looking like he hasn’t improved at all and is being even LESS aggressive makes him pull the trigger at some point.

I give it another month at most before Rudy Gobert starts publicly complaining about the fact that they run no action for him.
Utah runs a majority of their sets through Rudy in DHO/PnR, there are plenty of actions run for him. Look at how deep bigs are sinking this season against Utah, this is a distinct difference from the past 2 years where Rudy has been eating at the rim. The offense is based off what the defense gives them, when there are lob opps or rolling lanes he gets the touches

Conley, Bojan and Mitchell are getting black and white 1 v 1 downhill plays or open midrange. You have to take that advantage if defenses are conceding this. There are still stretches where the newness of iso players is evident but I am confident they'll figure it out

Usage and FGA are in-line with what he did in the 2018 playoffs, so the overall numbers aren't too surprising. Game slowing down for him though. Making good decisions, getting better from the foul line.

Not too bad for a role player that needs to be traded.

I know an endorser of speak ball shoes who was getting a couple of stacks every month more than with Nike. Dude regrets it said it caused him injuries

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Vince Carter blowing by ppl and putting big men on posters at 35

blowing by who, Bogdon?:lol:
True. And I think he looked less like his normal self last year because he wasn’t all in on that Lakers roster or Luke. He wasn’t playing as hard as he is this year. Now that they’re a real contender he’s fully motivated again.

You won’t catch him sipping wine on the bench this season if he misses some games.

aka front runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom