THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 41 shots
I could shoot better than that

This must be the most shots taken since Kobe's final game.
Dude is shooting .417 from the floor this season. And let's not forget those hefty 5.5 turnovers. Looking to break his own all-time record for turnovers in a season/per game from a couple of seasons ago, perhaps? Currently sitting at the second-highest usage rate of all time, after his fellow chucker stat-padding teammate in 2016-17. And let's not forget his putrid defense, an area he's actually been somewhat improving at in the recent seasons.
He's clearly playing to make some sort of a scoring milestone, efficiency and effort on both ends of the floor be damned.

The Rockets have a good record (with a weak schedule so far). But the better regular season record they have with him playing like this, the worse it is for them, because those fools will get delusional and start thinking that **** gonna work in the playoffs, only to get a dose of reality. As we've seen the previous year. And the year before that. And the year before that.....

Last edited:
What’s up with your boy DC?

After years of trolling, instigating and being an all around rebel rouser, Meth finally hit him with a suspension and got him shook to his britches.
46AB7C28-A22D-46A9-B558-694AFEC049C9.png

Mans has been posting like he has a monitor wrapped around his ankle.
0685F79B-DC3F-4309-977D-2088AFCC70E3.png

Bench loses some pop with Jabari stepping into the lineup. He can replace most/all of JC’s offense but outside of Len, JC was the only dude protecting the rim :lol: defense likely revert back to last years atrocity
121, 124, 121, 128, 150 given up the last 5 games :lol:

And then Huerter’s out so Trae is on the only shooter on the team.

Very bleak immediate future

Dude is shooting .417 from the floor this season. And let's not forget those hefty 5.5 turnovers. Looking to break his own all-time record for turnovers in a season/per game from a couple of seasons ago, perhaps? Currently sitting at the second-highest usage rate of all time, after his fellow chucker stat-padding teammate in 2016-17. And let's not forget his putrid defense, an area he's actually been somewhat improving at in the recent seasons.
He's clearly playing to make some sort of a scoring milestone, efficiency and effort on both ends of the floor be damned.

The Rockets have a good record (with a weak schedule so far). But the better regular season record they have with him playing like this, the worse it is for them, because those fools will get delusional and start thinking that **** gonna work in the playoffs, only to get a dose of reality. As we've seen the previous year. And the year before that. And the year before that.....
He’s registering 26 field goal attempts a night en route to a 40 ppg average. That’s nearly 1.6 points per shot which isn’t even elite efficiency, it’s historically great.

His turnover rate is just 14%, for reference Chris Paul’s career rate is 13%. That per game figure is a direct byproduct of his usage, which is well spent considering he’s directly accounting for almost 60 ppg between the points and assists.

Defensive effort is a valid concern. 150 points allowed to the Warriors over the final 5 quarters of the series, all without KD, 2 of them essentially without Steph.

So yes, defense will always be the question mark with any of his teams, but his offensive production at this point is beyond reproach.

Don't work in the playoffs= failed in the conference finals, I'm presuming

Legit, I guess

just looked at lukas averages for the season...absurd. 28.5/ 10.7/ 9.1. Whens the last time a sophomore was putting up anything close to these numbers. I know its only 12 games but still.

just looked at lukas averages for the season...absurd. 28.5/ 10.7/ 9.1. Whens the last time a sophomore was putting up anything close to these numbers. I know its only 12 games but still.
bron put up 27/7/7 his sophomore year

pretty sure Luka will go down to that at least by the end of the season

***** spent the whole summer yapping at everyone who wasn’t gassed over Ben shooting jumpers in YouTube pick up games and exhibitions against Chinese family men.

Not even December and look at him now. Where have we seen this movie before?

“Chinese family men” ...Aye man

CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol: :lol:

He’s registering 26 field goal attempts a night en route to a 40 ppg average. That’s nearly 1.6 points per shot which isn’t even elite efficiency, it’s historically great.

His turnover rate is just 14%, for reference Chris Paul’s career rate is 13%. That per game figure is a direct byproduct of his usage, which is well spent considering he’s directly accounting for almost 60 ppg between the points and assists.

His points per shot? Still not as good as the all-time great Corey Maggette.

And usage where a single player is given the green light to take that many of his team's shots and commit that many turnovers as a byproduct is NEVER "well spent". Certainly not if you're aiming for a championship. History has shown that, and it will continue to show that. But then again, if the Rockets' only goal is to appease a certain player on their roster and not win a championship, then I guess it is well spent.

His points per shot? Still not as good as the all-time great Corey Maggette.

And usage where a single player is given the green light to take that many of his team's shots and commit that many turnovers as a byproduct is NEVER "well spent". Certainly not if you're aiming for a championship. History has shown that, and it will continue to show that. But then again, if the Rockets' only goal is to appease a certain player on their roster and not win a championship, then I guess it is well spent.
His turnover rate is on par with/better than many of the greatest point guards in league history, his points per shot is on par with/better than many of the greatest scorers in league history.

Saying anything about his offense is entirely missing the point when the team had a 114 offensive rating against Warriors and still lost.

Period.

Not NBA related, but as of this morning there’s no sign of the thread about movies featuring a actresses in their primes :frown: Was only a matter of time, I suppose. Had a good 2 day run...:lol: :stoneface:

I don’t hate Harden. He’s one of the best offensive players of all time; a scoring genius. But I still don’t enjoy watching him play and do not believe how heavily the Rockets rely on him is a championship formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom