THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my own reservations about Harden. I feel like he’s gamed the system. He knows how to get 35/6/9 every night out and walk into 50+ wins. The reason why I call it gaming the system is because someone with that resume should be w/o a doubt the best player in the league and we know he’s not. Essentially he’s not as great as his metrics suggest

that being said...it is what it is. The aforementioned doesn’t make what he does any less spectacular. 40 a night and his teams routinely win big regardless of who’s around him. That’s impressive and if your only criticism is that his style won’t win in the playoffs then I’m not rolling because plenty of styles don’t. Winning a chip is hard.

but what IS a championship formula? Like, what style of play would you saywould get him Closer to a chip?

A more traditional, balanced offense, where one guy isn’t so overwhelmingly the focus of what they do. My reservations aren’t with how Harden scores, but more that they basically can’t win if he doesn’t put up at least 30.

Not NBA related, but as of this morning there’s no sign of the thread about movies featuring a actresses in their primes :frown: Was only a matter of time, I suppose. Had a good 2 day run...:lol: :stoneface:
Someone went wild last night. This is why we can't have nice things.

A more traditional, balanced offense, where one guy isn’t so overwhelmingly the focus of what they do. My reservations aren’t with how Harden scores, but more that they basically can’t win if he doesn’t put up at least 30.
That’s probably true but he does it every game :rofl: and are we sure like, a more traditional balanced offense saves cp3’s hammy? Offense isn’t even the rockets biggest issue IMO

I just think like...we’re (not you specifically)losing sight of the point.

winning consistently matters. You can’t say he doesn’t win with it because he obviously does. So you only say “championships” and in that regard plenty of formulas fail. The only formula that doesn’t is having a top 5 player of all time

That’s probably true but he does it every game :rofl: and are we sure like, a more traditional balanced offense saves cp3’s hammy? Offense isn’t even the rockets biggest issue IMO

winning consistently matters. You can’t say he doesn’t win with it because he obviously does. So you only say “championships” and in that regard plenty of formulas fail. The only formula that doesn’t is having a top 5 player of all time

I can acknowledge that everything you said there makes sense, but I can’t see myself ever getting to the point of going out of my way to watch a Rockets game to see Harden do what he does. So, maybe I don’t appreciate him enough, but personal preferences aren’t always reasonable.

I can acknowledge that everything you said there makes sense, but I can’t see myself ever getting to the point of going out of my way to watch a Rockets game to see Harden do what he does. So, maybe I don’t appreciate him enough, but personal preferences aren’t always reasonable.

The personal preference part I'm not talking about. I'm not the biggest fan of the rockets either :lol:

I just think that harden's gaudy numbers and the rockets being perennially good make people think that a change of style will help them win a chip when in reality IMO it's not a style of play issue. It's

1) They don't defend well enough

2) Most importantly, they don't have the top of the top tier one guys. Harden is not curry, LeBron, kawhi, KD. He's not as good as them. And that's okay, most guys aren't. Circumventing that lack of top end by shooting a ton of 3's and efficient iso's makes sense when you realize Harden isn't as good as those guys that win chips.

People need to realize that the Rox are trying to win a chip in this era w/o Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, or KD.

You're not winning a chip unless one of those guys are on your team. The system doesn't really matter. With that being said, slowing the game down and taking a ton of 3's and iso's makes sense when you look at it from that perspective.

he might not be the best overall player in the league but he is the best OFFENSIVE player in the league.

dude is an absolute monster on the offensive end. quite literally the closest thing to unguardable since prime sham

I hope we get a game in May where the opposing team doubles James and the Rockets are relying on guys shooting high pressure threes after standing still since October.
Edit:

Or better yet, James trying this for 45 minutes against Kawhi and PG.

Last edited:
Kawhi isnt that great either . Harden gets slandered for losing to the warriors with a thinner lineup than the Raptors . When he was the one to push a healthy warriors team the most.
AF8497A5-F5AF-498D-B00A-39D12CA9CA38.jpeg

Honestly Kawhi is being overrated from being called a top 25 player all time or some **** like that when hes only had 3 great seasons. Heck he cant even stay healthy enough for a season now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom