THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't understand how people still say this, in 2020.

The Lakers were capped tf out. Before they got Malone and Payton to play for free, they were playing Pargo, Rush, and Slava in playoff games. They were a 5th seed. It was over. The Lakers moved on from Shaq at the right time.

This is covered in a lot of depth in the latest Book of Basketball 2.0 podcast.

Not hating
Can someone explain the concept behind all those grid lines on the clippers home floor baseline and sidelines?

I think it’s supposed to represent the street map of LA. The left side looks like a street map of downtown next to the 110

Just had a debate with one of my geriatric patients. Told him Curry the best shooter ever. He started yelling “You wasn’t around! You wasn’t around!” Swore up and down that Rick Barry a better shooter and that no one today is touching Oscar Robertson (his personal GOAT). Always interesting to hear the perspective of fans around during that time.

Just had a debate with one of my geriatric patients. Told him Curry the best shooter ever. He started yelling “You wasn’t around! You wasn’t around!” Swore up and down that Rick Barry a better shooter and that no one today is touching Oscar Robertson (his personal GOAT). Always interesting to hear the perspective of fans around during that time.
Thing about these old heads..they wasn't around either. How many Rick Barry games did he actually see? Wasn't no league pass or buffstream back then. No sportscenter or freedawkins. Reading the newspaper clippings don't count. They didn't even air anything on TV past 8 o'clock. Courtside seats cost 12 cents. And on and on

I feel you, but mans was definitely around. Born in the 40s and basketball was televised by the 60s for sure.

I feel you, but mans was definitely around. Born in the 40s and basketball was televised by the 60s for sure.

I mean how many games were even on TV tho? Even in the 90s you had NBA on NBC which was like two games a week. You might catch prime MJ like a dozen times a year if you didn't live in Chicago

sounds like the OG missed a few of his meds this morning

This is why these conversations are pointless.

Different rules allow for shooters to flourish in this era, so it is hard to say who is actually better.

I would only imagine Ricky Berry, Reggie, Larry Bird, Mark Price be able to play in an era where scoring has essentially been mandated by the League.

Different eras.

Kawhi isnt that great either . Harden gets slandered for losing to the warriors with a thinner lineup than the Raptors . When he was the one to push a healthy warriors team the most.
AF8497A5-F5AF-498D-B00A-39D12CA9CA38.jpeg
We all know there's a story to be told that doesn't show in those stat lines.

...and Harden is a great player. But to equate the two based on this meme, nah.

Luka been great but that Dallas roster construction looking questionable...Yo gotta carry them every night, hope it doesn’t slow him down in the dog days of the season
My main concern about the summer was that management's goal was to make Luka the sun, moon and stars of the team. Yes they traded for KP but he isn't the skill set that would interfere with this aim or take ball handling away from Luka. He's supposed to be more of a finisher than creator

On one hand I still think my concern is valid but on the other I do think their complimentary players are better than I thought. This team should be good enough to get the 8th seed
Roster is trash and I’m sure they wish they didn’t sign Curry.... dude misses most of his shots ....
Curry would be putting up better numbers if he got consistent stable minutes. Rick has played with the rotations in every game. Curry is still putting up league average 3 point shooting so it is what it is

Jalen, Wright, DFS and Maxi are far from trash but if your aim is anything other than making the playoffs than KP needs to be All NBA level and right now he's still getting his legs back. He's been off for 2 years so I can't expect instant results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom