THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolwut maaan what are you talking about?

tell all's with writers embedded with turbulent teams is a book as old as sports journalism itself.

Jordan rule's, season on the brink ect ect. Unless the book is filled with lies how can you possibly get mad at Ethan Strauss for writing about the...team...he's paid...to write about???
Telling stories of stuff that happened in the locker-rooms is borderline gossip man.

Covering a team is one thing, telling all these damn secrets is just some sucka stuff man.

And yes, there have been other books that were glorified Gossip Books as well. Correct.

That’s what I was trying to tell dudes.....Strauss better than that. Like I was saying, he felt a way about KD sonning him. Poor job. No nuance.
Yea it definitely sounded PERSONAL with KD.

Only issue I've had with the book so far is him talking about harrell and other guys with their kids before or after games. I didn't feel that was necessary.

All the other stuff seemed like fair game especially since he wasn't just an observer but he was actually part of the story at that time. If there's an issue between two parties and one happens to be a writer...he's probably gonna write about it.

Only issue I've had with the book so far is him talking about harrell and other guys with their kids before or after games. I didn't feel that was necessary.

All the other stuff seemed like fair game especially since he wasn't just an observer but he was actually part of the story at that time. If there's an issue between two parties and one happens to be a writer...he's probably gonna write about it.
The stuff about KD and his mom's relationship was iffy too.

Telling stories of stuff that happened in the locker-rooms is borderline gossip man.

Covering a team is one thing, telling all these damn secrets is just some sucka stuff man.

And yes, there have been other books that were glorified Gossip Books as well. Correct.

Yea it definitely sounded PERSONAL with KD.

So your telling me, a journalist; whose job it is to tell true interesting stories,

should IGNORE and CONCEAL a true and interesting story...

...becuase it makes KD look bad???

wuut? Is that how journalism works now? :lol:

yall can't be serious. So yall just want BS propaganda about athletes not actuallyl real human drama??

To each is own...couldn't be me..,.

So your telling me, a journalist; whose job it is to tell true interesting stories,

should IGNORE and CONCEAL a true and interesting story...

...becuase it makes KD look bad???

wuut? Is that how journalism works now? :lol:

yall can't be serious. So yall just want BS propaganda about athletes not actuallly real human drama??

To each is own...couldn't be me..,.

There's only one reason why certain people are upset about the book and we all know why.

16C52754-FA48-4822-B683-7C2D9C58DB78.jpeg

I could see a sport like tennis continuing behind closed doors, maybe golf.

But basketball? I dunno.

I doubt they’ll be able to complete the 82 game season and a full playoff schedule without delaying the following season.

either way basketball won’t be the same for 2 years. With fans and a full schedule.

I wouldn't prefer BS propaganda either. I just want an honest account of things that are happening without it coming off of sounding like someone is spilling secrets like a Middle School Teenaged girl in the bathroom.

If the players want to reveal that info, cool. But not those that are GUESTS in the lockerroom/behind the scenes. (Journalists).

Yea people have different preferences as to how they prefer sports to be covered. The Hollywood Reporter style reporting was never MY things. I know I am in the minority here. To each his own.

I watch chess on YouTube occasionally

and I almost never watch the chess AI's play even though they are much stronger than all the best human players.

Why?

Because sports is human drama, the drama only works if humans are involved.

So it's totally fair for Strauss to cover the human drama behind the scenes with the Warriors and KD.

Don't you listen to several podcasts. Many of which are filled with private lockerroom stories?
The only NBA podcasts I listen to are Simmons/Lowe. They aren't spilling beans of stuff happening in the lockerrooms like that.

The podcasts I listen to are NOT CENTERED around that. I would prefer that stuff wasn't in their unless it comes from players.

Plenty of things I don't prefer to listen to on podcasts I like, "Hypothetical Trades" for example.

Liking something doesn't mean you endorse 100% of what it offers.

Last edited:

and I almost never watch the chess AI's play even though they are much stronger than all the best human players.

Why?

So it's totally fair for Strauss to cover the human drama behind the scenes with the Warriors and KD.
He is a professional, he is free to do whatever he wants to do.

I can also voice my displeasure on what he does.

I am not taking away his right to do anything.

Why?

ANd please, stop with the narrative of, "SInce you don't like Tabloid books means you don't understand the drama aspect of sports."

There are plenty of stroylines available in sports that don't involve what is being discussed here.

So for the record, the human element is something I feel is important to connect with the sport being watched.

Just felt the need to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom