THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess they would do a Heat vs Magic game and 2 Lakers vs Blazers games?

lakers getting a raw deal with that breakdown.
true underdog story

broadcasting story:
how will networks divide televising the games ?

gonna have to get back on sling

So do the Lakers and Clippers ever make up that game they postponed after Kobe the gawds death?

So do the Lakers and Clippers ever make up that game they postponed after Kobe the gawds death?

No. It might have happened if the season played out normally, but it’s not happening under the new format for finishing the season.

lakers getting a raw deal with that breakdown.
true underdog story

broadcasting story:
how will networks divide televising the games ?

gonna have to get back on sling
Would guess they'll split games up between ESPN, TNT/TBS, ABC and the local networks depending on the market. I wonder if they'll still be able to do shows like Inside the NBA regularly (with distancing measures in place I'd assume).

Man if they do end up having games on all day it'll almost be like March Madness' first week.

Lakers probably won't even need the games at the end. They aren't getting the overall #1 and the Clippers aren't catching them. Blazers might luck out a bit in this scenario.

I definitely see what you are saying but the Lakers are only 3 GB from Milwaukee which isn’t insurmountable. I only say that because it’s unpredictable how teams and players will look during this. Not to mention that MIL could tank to get a more favorable route to the Finals if the seeding is 1-16 rather than East vs West.

It’s also a bit weird because it’s not like preseason when you’re prepping for the regular season and starting guys or legit rotations are getting spot minutes. Regardless of a teams seed, dudes are going to actually have to play meaningful ball in those eight games because it’s immediately followed by the playoffs.

Man if they do end up having games on all day it'll almost be like March Madness' first week.

This is exactly what Windy compared the regular season and playoffs to with games starting in the afternoon going into the night :smokin :smokin

Since this will all be in an Eastern Daylight Time time zone does that mean no 10:30PM tips :nerd:

I thin it's just standard playoff format once the eight seeds are decided for each conference.

Depends on how much they care about the west coast audience.

I mean, 13 of the 22 teams are from the Western Conference so I would imagine it’s a concern. I don’t know the balance in East Coast vs West Coast viewership and the numbers for later games, though.

It’s doable, I just think they’d have to be consistent within series at least.

I'm just hoping by July 31st I can sit at a bar and watch games. Bar tops are basically my office, and I can just post up there.

What is the all layoff Klump team that's gonna come in 15lbs heavier? Embiid, Harden, Lowry, Zion, etc

What is the all layoff Klump team that's gonna come in 15lbs heavier? Embiid, Harden, Lowry, Zion, etc
Skip & Shannon react to James Harden's drastic weight loss during ...

harden gained something else

Pretty sure conferences are going to stay intact and it’s going to be 7 game series like normal.

Pretty sure conferences are going to stay intact and it’s going to be 7 game series like normal.

I don't know why people thought they were going to mix them. The Wizards have to gain 1.5 games on the Magic to qualify for a play-in between those two. The west is where it could get wild because four teams are within four games of the Grizzlies right now.

I don't know why people thought they were going to mix them. The Wizards have to gain 1.5 games on the Magic to qualify for a play-in between those two. The west is where it could get wild because four teams are within four games of the Grizzlies right now.
There was certainly talk of it, but it just didn’t seem realistic to make such a drastic change midway through a season. Seemed like something that would absolutely have to be agreed upon before the start of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom