THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8005E234-6B3F-4656-B77F-BCA921324D4D.jpeg

what we sippin today fellas

I think today calls for a White Claw knock off

canteen.jpg

Yeah this isn’t racist at all.

humans are culturally predisposed to root for people that look like them. Why do you think the hawks traded for Trae? Why do you think the Eminem is so popular.

racism isn’t saying I only root for black QBs. Racism is saying black QBs won’t succeed because they aren’t smart enough. I’m rooting for Lamar because stupid bill polian said he should play WR.

Last edited:
That really sounds like you're convinced that you know him personally, which is confusing considering your opening statement, where talking like we know these guys personally was frowned upon.

No I simply judge him based on his actions. I never said he was a racist, just that his actions don't necessarily scream a good man. Not everything requires you to play devil's advocate.

Drew Brees never kneeled during the anthem and he always from the beginning let his beliefs be known he did not believe that during the anthem was the right time to protest, people just forgot over the years. That picture of him kneeling was when he had all of his teammates kneel with him as a team BEFORE the anthem then they all stood up as a team for it.

It wasn’t the right time to remind people what his views were on it but Brees is the furthest thing from racist. And this is coming from someone who hates the Saints.

Yeah I don’t believe that Drew Brees is racist. Dude just displayed that he remains ignorant to why folks choose to use the national anthem as a time to protest. Was he coming/speaking from a place of privilege and bias? Hell yeah. However, should he be deemed racist because of it? I don’t think that’s fair, considering the things he’s done for that community, but I guess folks are entitled to whatever opinions they have.

Did he deserve the backlash? Yes. Drew is a smart guy that obviously cares for his teammates, whom a majority are black, and to not speak with them to listen and address his ignorance/bias before agreeing to be interviewed in times like this, is a huge miss on his end. I personally hate the whole “people show you who they are the first time” argument because it’s flawed logic.

Anyways I can care less about the NFL and I hate myself for even watching at times. The NBA has always been superior to me and it’s players are actually empowered.

Last edited:
humans are culturally predisposed to root for people that look like them. Why do you think the hawks traded for Trae? Why do you think the Eminem is so popular.

racism isn’t say I only root for black QBs. Racism is saying black QBs won’t succeed because they aren’t smart enough. I’m rooting for Lamar because stupid bill polian said he should play WR.

I think a large problem in America is that a lot people don't actually know what racism/a racist is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom