THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LA traffic almost all the way byke :rolleyes

The open streets and being able to wear shorts 100 percent of the time are the only things I’ll actually miss about quarantine days...

Wait, whaaaaaat?
A tweet from january 25th completely invalidates her tweet about her rape on june 3rd

Her pinned tweet........

9E463104-F50E-4279-8F8E-AF97012675E6.png

Her page...

7861578E-0B44-4366-A01C-E40940230B65.png

Bet.

What does her pinned tweet have to do with her being raped?
Yeah bro. I’m sure that a chick on twitter named Notorious with a pinned tweet about her t*ts, a comment she left right under it saying she just tweeted it for attention and her header being a picture of Future is being completely honest :lol:
So you’re saying she’s lying, even though she went to the police and named the 2 other offenders, because of her Twitter header and pinned tweet.

Just like black lives, why does it always take video evidence for women to get justice. The same way video of an interaction Ahmaud Arbery had with a cop years ago, was used to discredit him, your use obscure Twitter pictures to discredit her.

I never thought highly of you, and the floor was the ceiling, but f*** was I giving you too much credit.

Header = Future
Pinned tweet = pic of her t*ts with her making a joke about somebody holding her t*ts for her with a comment by her underneath it saying she “just did it for attention”

I mean bro, I shouldn’t have to spell this one out for you. Yeah, if she’s slutting herself out for jokes immediately on her profile then yeah I’m not buying her being secretly gang bang raped years ago by a millionaire athlete and just now deciding to put a tweet out about it.

Yeah I don’t believe that Drew Brees is racist. Dude just displayed that he remains ignorant to why folks choose to use the national anthem as a time to protest. Was he coming/speaking from a place of privilege and bias? Hell yeah. However, should he be deemed racist because of it? I don’t think that’s fair, considering the things he’s done for that community, but I guess folks are entitled to whatever opinions they have.

Did he deserve the backlash? Yes. Drew is a smart guy that obviously cares for his teammates, whom a majority are black, and to not speak with them to listen and address his ignorance/bias before agreeing to be interviewed in times like this, is a huge miss on his end. I personally hate the whole “people show you who they are the first time” argument because it’s flawed logic.

Anyways I can care less about the NFL and I hate myself for even watching at times. The NBA has always been superior to me and it’s players are actually empowered.
= my take.
Ahem newsflash, that is racism.

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

He's been like this for years
I've only seen him in the NBA thread where he's just kinda annoying but I aint know he was wildin out like this in other threads. Man really said she couldn't have been raped because she enjoys compliments and Future. Like wtf man. And with the thread title saying he's defending rape AGAIN, I don't even wanna know what he's said previous times. Just indefensible behavior.

Again I ask is there not some rule to where spreading ignorant and dangerous rhetoric will be met with a ban
I'm reminded of something Meth said to me when him & I were discussing something completely different than the conversation earlier. Even though what he messaged me is a different topic, it's still relevant to what you just said:

"Our moderation team cannot get into the business of adjudicating when it is and isn't appropriate for someone to take offense to something."

Basically what he & I were taking about was the notion that we can't have people saying certain things because those things are irresponsible at best and just dangerous at worst. Now, anyone who's been on here and paid attention to Meth for a given amount of time knows how he rocks: just because he's making it clear to me and the rest of the moderation team that we can't... well, you read the quote... that doesn't mean he's going to allow people to just be blatantly chauvinist, sexist, racist, or otherwise bigoted. We all know he's just straight up not going to let that rock. But as far as things that toe the line and seem irresponsible and really boil down to the fact that most of us on the entire forum just plain don't like what someone said that we're calling irresponsible and insensitive: It's very important to Meth that we not get in the business of suppressing those things, but it's also very important to him that natural consequences play out among your peers if you're being irresponsible around them or insensitive to them.

(And before anyone gets any funny ideas about me trying to duck him by not tagging him: you guys have no idea how much he gets tagged and messaged every single day. I really try to keep him out of conversations if it's really just a matter of him needing to give a virtual thumbs up.)

Ahem newsflash, that is racism.

i was taught there’s always three things you can do in life.

Do right, do wrong or do nothing. Only one of those options actually helps. And when it comes to racism it’s a lot of racists in this country doing wrong and it’s a lot of clueless and ignorant white people like Drew Brees doing nothing. Both are extremely harmful.

Its not just enough to not do wrong cause doing nothing isn’t helping either

A tweet from january 25th completely invalidates her tweet about her rape on june 3rd
I'm literally fighting back tears right now, not even going to lie to you guys.

Not in 2020, man.

How do people not get that half asleep is rape?

"Sure, I'm positive she's being completely honest."

Maaaaannnnnn...

Ok... her allegation was that she was half asleep and begged for them to stop for hours.

Dial all 3 of those down. What if she was just dozy, and asked them to stop, for like a 1/2 hour?

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

Let's just completely eliminate one of those 3 things. Let's say she was completely awake, so we're removing the half asleep element, and she just asked them to stop instead of begging, and it was just for a 1/2 hour, not for hours. So she was completely awake and she just asked them to stop and it was only like 20-30 minutes.

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

Let's eliminate TWO elements. Let's say she was completely awake and it wasn't... let's take the time frame completely away. So instead of being half awake and begging for them to stop for hours... aaaaaaaactuaaally, let's even dial down begging for them to stop. Now we're left with completely awake and just asked them to stop, and it was only like 10 minutes. 5 minutes.

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

"Well, we still don't know if she even asked them to stop."

So then at that point you're making a conscious decision that she alleged that she was half asleep and begged for them to stop for hours, but that you believe that what ACTUALLY happened was that she was totally into it and never said anything about them stopping. Because being fully awake and never showing any resistance or saying no… is the ONLY way something isn't rape.

Drunk is rape.

Half drunk is rape.

Half asleep is rape.

ANYTHING DONE AFTER ANY SIGN OF RESISTANCE OR HESITANCY IS RAPE.

"C'mon, ska, by your definition, there's a rape on every block every night."

EFFING EXACTLY!!!!!

UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

I need alcohol, and I hate alcohol.

Yeah I don’t believe that Drew Brees is racist. Dude just displayed that he remains ignorant to why folks choose to use the national anthem as a time to protest. Was he coming/speaking from a place of privilege and bias? Hell yeah. However, should he be deemed racist because of it? I don’t think that’s fair, considering the things he’s done for that community, but I guess folks are entitled to whatever opinions they have.

Did he deserve the backlash? Yes. Drew is a smart guy that obviously cares for his teammates, whom a majority are black, and to not speak with them to listen and address his ignorance/bias before agreeing to be interviewed in times like this, is a huge miss on his end. I personally hate the whole “people show you who they are the first time” argument because it’s flawed logic.

Anyways I can care less about the NFL and I hate myself for even watching at times. The NBA has always been superior to me and it’s players are actually empowered.
Ahem newsflash, that is racism
If you don't mind me asking, M Mark Antony , how? And I'm not arguing with you, and I have no intentions of arguing with you. Yes, I read the quote about the white moderate, who abides by a false timeline for black people to fight, and in a manner that the white moderate deems acceptable. Is it that part? That Drew's expression of 'Everyone stand for the flag, dammit!' was the white moderate deeming Kaep's kneeling unacceptable?

I'm pretty sure that's it, but I want to make sure that's what you're saying, if that's what you're saying.

I'm reminded of something Meth said to me when him & I were discussing something completely different than the conversation earlier. Even though what he messaged me is a different topic, it's still relevant to what you just said:

"Our moderation team cannot get into the business of adjudicating when it is and isn't appropriate for someone to take offense to something."

Basically what he & I were taking about was the notion that we can't have people saying certain things because those things are irresponsible at best and just dangerous at worst. Now, anyone who's been on here and paid attention to Meth for a given amount of time knows how he rocks: just because he's making it clear to me and the rest of the moderation team that we can't... well, you read the quote... that doesn't mean he's going to allow people to just be blatantly chauvinist, sexist, racist, or otherwise bigoted. We all know he's just straight up not going to let that rock. But as far as things that toe the line and seem irresponsible and really boil down to the fact that most of us on the entire forum just plain don't like what someone said that we're calling irresponsible and insensitive: It's very important to Meth that we not get in the business of suppressing those things, but it's also very important to him that natural consequences play out among your peers if you're being irresponsible around them or insensitive to them.

(And before anyone gets any funny ideas about me trying to duck him by not tagging him: you guys have no idea how much he gets tagged and messaged every single day. I really try to keep him out of conversations if it's really just a matter of him needing to give a virtual thumbs up.)
Methodical Management Methodical Management

I'm literally fighting back tears right now, not even going to lie to you guys.

Not in 2020, man.

How do people not get that half asleep is rape?

"Sure, I'm positive she's being completely honest."

Maaaaannnnnn...

Ok... her allegation was that she was half asleep and begged for them to stop for hours.

Dial all 3 of those down. What if she was just dozy, and asked them to stop, for like a 1/2 hour?

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

Let's just completely eliminate one of those 3 things. Let's say she was completely awake, so we're removing the half asleep element, and she just asked them to stop instead of begging, and it was just for a 1/2 hour, not for hours. So she was completely awake and she just asked them to stop and it was only like 20-30 minutes.

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

Let's eliminate TWO elements. Let's say she was completely awake and it wasn't... let's take the time frame completely away. So instead of being half awake and begging for them to stop for hours... aaaaaaaactuaaally, let's even dial down begging for them to stop. Now we're left with completely awake and just asked them to stop, and it was only like 10 minutes. 5 minutes.

That's.

Effing.

RAPE.

"Well, we still don't know if she even asked them to stop."

So then at that point you're making a conscious decision that she alleged that she was half asleep and begged for them to stop for hours, but what ACTUALLY happened was that she was totally into it and never said anything about them stopping. Because being fully awake and never showing any resistance or saying no… is the ONLY way something isn't rape.

Drunk is rape.

Half drunk is rape.

Half asleep is rape.

ANYTHING DONE AFTER ANY SIGN OF RESISTANCE OR HESITANCY IS RAPE.

"C'mon, ska, by your definition, there's a rape on every block every night."

EFFING EXACTLY!!!!!

UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

I need alcohol...
I’m really loving the emotion man

I’m really loving the emotion man
We all have our triggers, right? We all have our thing that we have a soft spot in our hearts for.

Sexual misconduct has always been it for me, for reasons I will most likely never, ever dive into on here. As an adult, the various forms of child abuse I see so prevalent in our society became a trigger for me, but sexual misconduct as always been an emotional trigger for me, even as a young boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom