Thee Official LeBron James = Scottie Pippen and Dywane Wade = Michael Jordan for the 2011 Finals

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Most these dudes in here just can't grasp the concept of "team". It's not their fault. They just don't get it.
Not just in here, but the media in general.

He's the undisputed GOAT, but I blame this man
ohwell.gif

michael_jordan.jpg

Most these dudes in here just can't grasp the concept of "team". It's not their fault. They just don't get it.
Not just in here, but the media in general.

He's the undisputed GOAT, but I blame this man
ohwell.gif

michael_jordan.jpg

Here's my two cents on this subject....

LeBron no doubt, is one of the most talented players in the league, no question about that.... at all. The problem is the media hyping him up, and expecting him to be this all world type scorer, when thats not really the type of player he is. Sure he CAN be at times, but if you REALLY watch LeBron play, he is usually looking to make the correct "basketball" play rather than look to get his own. IMO he is unfairly criticized for this, due to the fact that the media, and most of his fans, expect him to be "the chosen 1" or this dominant crunch time, clutch scorer, when thats really not his game.

I have a theory on why he is so scrutinized, and yes I do believe that even though I think he is unfairly criticized, he did bring most of this "hatred" upon himself with the decision....

I dunno about other people being that I can only speak for myself, but personally, I never had a problem with LeBron going to Miami, ever... he was a free agent, it was within the league rules. Go for it... However the problem that people have is the WAY that he did it... Holding out on Dan Gilbert forever, saying "ehhhh i dunno what im gonna do". I mean the Cavs fired Mike Brown to make LeBron happy, and because he took forever to "make up his mind" they got nothing in return for him, when they easily could have.

Another issue I have with LeBron fans is this.

Remember when the argument was always "Kobe has 6 rings, hes better" yadda yadda, more times than not, a LeBron stan would bring up the fact that "Kobe had Shaq" and how he never won a finals MVP... Well surprise surprise... if the Heat win (which they will IMO) who thinks LeBron is gonna win finals MVP?? *crickets*... When someone says "Well LeBron needed D Wade to win" a LeBron stan is gonna get mad, after they have been using that lame "Kobe had Shaq & Pau" excuse for years... Quit being hypocrites man, its sad

With that being said any LOGICAL person clearly understands that basketball is a TEAM game, its 5 on 5 for crying out loud... No one could win a championship by themselves...

Everyone holds these players to the "standard" of Jordan, well guess what? No one is going to be Jordan EVER AGAIN... just let it go! Not Kobe, not LeBron, Not Dwayne... NO ONE... just let the players be themselves

Sidenote: This is unrelated but I don't think Carmelo got enough credit for how he handled free agency this year... He played to his fullest ability all season for Denver, and made sure they got quality players for them to build on in return for his talents... just saying

Spoiler [+]
i'm a lakers fan if that matters.... flame on

Here's my two cents on this subject....

LeBron no doubt, is one of the most talented players in the league, no question about that.... at all. The problem is the media hyping him up, and expecting him to be this all world type scorer, when thats not really the type of player he is. Sure he CAN be at times, but if you REALLY watch LeBron play, he is usually looking to make the correct "basketball" play rather than look to get his own. IMO he is unfairly criticized for this, due to the fact that the media, and most of his fans, expect him to be "the chosen 1" or this dominant crunch time, clutch scorer, when thats really not his game.

I have a theory on why he is so scrutinized, and yes I do believe that even though I think he is unfairly criticized, he did bring most of this "hatred" upon himself with the decision....

I dunno about other people being that I can only speak for myself, but personally, I never had a problem with LeBron going to Miami, ever... he was a free agent, it was within the league rules. Go for it... However the problem that people have is the WAY that he did it... Holding out on Dan Gilbert forever, saying "ehhhh i dunno what im gonna do". I mean the Cavs fired Mike Brown to make LeBron happy, and because he took forever to "make up his mind" they got nothing in return for him, when they easily could have.

Another issue I have with LeBron fans is this.

Remember when the argument was always "Kobe has 6 rings, hes better" yadda yadda, more times than not, a LeBron stan would bring up the fact that "Kobe had Shaq" and how he never won a finals MVP... Well surprise surprise... if the Heat win (which they will IMO) who thinks LeBron is gonna win finals MVP?? *crickets*... When someone says "Well LeBron needed D Wade to win" a LeBron stan is gonna get mad, after they have been using that lame "Kobe had Shaq & Pau" excuse for years... Quit being hypocrites man, its sad

With that being said any LOGICAL person clearly understands that basketball is a TEAM game, its 5 on 5 for crying out loud... No one could win a championship by themselves...

Everyone holds these players to the "standard" of Jordan, well guess what? No one is going to be Jordan EVER AGAIN... just let it go! Not Kobe, not LeBron, Not Dwayne... NO ONE... just let the players be themselves

Sidenote: This is unrelated but I don't think Carmelo got enough credit for how he handled free agency this year... He played to his fullest ability all season for Denver, and made sure they got quality players for them to build on in return for his talents... just saying

Spoiler [+]
i'm a lakers fan if that matters.... flame on

after today, more like Wade = Jordan, Lebron = Ron Harper... i feel bad for D-Wade having to carry Lebrons sorry #%!..
30t6p3b.gif

after today, more like Wade = Jordan, Lebron = Ron Harper... i feel bad for D-Wade having to carry Lebrons sorry #%!..
30t6p3b.gif

I'm by no means a LeBron hater, but his performance in this game is pretty inexcusable for a guy who's supposed to be the best player in the game now and, according to some, in the argument for GOAT.

I'm by no means a LeBron hater, but his performance in this game is pretty inexcusable for a guy who's supposed to be the best player in the game now and, according to some, in the argument for GOAT.

Michael Jordan ruined basketball forever.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Jordan I'm sure would be flattered by that statement, he was so good he ruined the game
laugh.gif

Michael Jordan ruined basketball forever.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michael Jordan I'm sure would be flattered by that statement, he was so good he ruined the game
laugh.gif

Less rings than Luke Walton
Kobe got Luke 3 rings.
Wade is trying to get Bron one but he is contributing less than Luke LOL LOL LOL
END THREAD

Less rings than Luke Walton
Kobe got Luke 3 rings.
Wade is trying to get Bron one but he is contributing less than Luke LOL LOL LOL
END THREAD

Back
Top Bottom