THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

That's what you get dude. You and your blind complaining about nonsense, now you got it tossed in your face, see how you like it. :lol:

But on Jones, like I said, his role changed. The point overall was he has improved a lot since 2010, even if he isn't having a better year than last year, that's not always on the player. I think the coaches switched he and Clemons's roles. Seems like Clemons is up in run support more now and it was Jones last year. I would assume that you would have noticed this, yes?

Next year, who knows? Maybe they will switch back to Jones being the roving safety moreso than Clemons, all depends on the staff. You do realize they call the plays to put players in positions, right? Yesterday I saw Clemons blitz, and the Pitt Oline saw him creepin, and called it out. Last year that was Jones blitzing, not Clemons.

We NEVER saw Clemons last year, he was always back, playin the deep part of the field. This year it's always him up on run stuffs, blitzes, etc. What, he just got better this year? No, they changed his role. He never blitzed or helped in run coverage last season.

And for the most part, remember how we would get murdered by TE's? That has slowed down ALOT the last two months. Maybe they've moved Reshad to helpin on the TE's instead of Clemons who was doin the last two years? :nerd:

That's what you get dude. You and your blind complaining about nonsense, now you got it tossed in your face, see how you like it. :lol:

But on Jones, like I said, his role changed. The point overall was he has improved a lot since 2010, even if he isn't having a better year than last year, that's not always on the player. I think the coaches switched he and Clemons's roles. Seems like Clemons is up in run support more now and it was Jones last year. I would assume that you would have noticed this, yes?

Next year, who knows? Maybe they will switch back to Jones being the roving safety moreso than Clemons, all depends on the staff. You do realize they call the plays to put players in positions, right? Yesterday I saw Clemons blitz, and the Pitt Oline saw him creepin, and called it out. Last year that was Jones blitzing, not Clemons.

We NEVER saw Clemons last year, he was always back, playin the deep part of the field. This year it's always him up on run stuffs, blitzes, etc. What, he just got better this year? No, they changed his role. He never blitzed or helped in run coverage last season.

And for the most part, remember how we would get murdered by TE's? That has slowed down ALOT the last two months. Maybe they've moved Reshad to helpin on the TE's instead of Clemons who was doin the last two years? :nerd:

:lol: :smh:

I have noticed this but attributed that to Coyle's interchangeable schemes with safeties, he did this in Cincy too.

Jones had 4 picks last year to this year's 1. His tackle levels are about the same, same with Clemons. Our safeties have 2 picks combined compared to 5 last year, although Wilson has been in there some as well.

Corners are better this year tho. 4 for Patterson (in VERY limited snaps) 4 for Grimes, and 2 each for Wilson and Carroll.

Just nobody get deep, and help out in run coverage is all they are asked to do. I think Jones now helps on TE's more, which is fine.

They won't get "stats" but they prevent the huge plays at least. Problem is we need to get more out of the LBer spot. DLine is nice, Secondary has been solid (and can still get better with Patterson ever bein healthy, and Taylor/Davis growing in time)

Just need to add depth at LBer. Wheeler and Misi and Ellerbee play damn near every snap, rotate them (with depth) maybe, just MAYBE, they play a little better. Helps the DT's, helps the DE's, maybe it would help at LB too.

Corners are better this year tho. 4 for Patterson (in VERY limited snaps) 4 for Grimes, and 2 each for Wilson and Carroll.

Just nobody get deep, and help out in run coverage is all they are asked to do. I think Jones now helps on TE's more, which is fine.

They won't get "stats" but they prevent the huge plays at least. Problem is we need to get more out of the LBer spot. DLine is nice, Secondary has been solid (and can still get better with Patterson ever bein healthy, and Taylor/Davis growing in time)

Just need to add depth at LBer. Wheeler and Misi and Ellerbee play damn near every snap, rotate them (with depth) maybe, just MAYBE, they play a little better. Helps the DT's, helps the DE's, maybe it would help at LB too.

Agreed on LB, what's up with Jenkins? Jordan can't fill in ever at LB?

Funny on the prevent huge plays, Brown almost got past our entire secondary yesterday, what a catastrophe that would've been. Clemons is extremely lucky Brown stepped out

Jenkins = rookie, = they won't play him. :lol:

Naw, i seen him a little out there, but only rarely. I suspect he may get more looks next year when he's not a rookie.

Same with Jordan. Dion can't get no snaps at DE, he damn sure won't at LB. :lol:

I meant big plays in terms of deep, that was something else, and really if no snow, Brown doesn't get past them all with ease anyways, they couldn't cut on reactions worth a **** yesterday. Almost a true disaster, but they said that the Ben pass was forward AND the Steelers weren't even set anyways, they could have overturned it with replay.

Still, way too close for comfort. These idiots can't relax to save their life.

I saw so many 3rd and long conversions yesterday I want to kill somebody. Our defense is too good to be givin up 3rd and 10's or 4th and 10's. We'd have a much better record right now if they could make a damn play on those type downs. :smh: You remember me *****ing about the 3rd and 22 vs the Saints that started the whole snowball effect? Make that play, get the ball back, maybe the game goes much, much different at halftime.

Same with the 4th down vs Carolina. Or the pass before halftime that allowed the FG.

Those are fixable mistakes, not lack of talent issues. Which, comes down to coaching.

Whoa. Are CP and Finnns getting along?

amazing what winning does for you, huh? :lol:

Has nothing to do with me and winning.

When we win, he has nothing to complain about that week. That's why I teased him about the Jones contract, that was him searching for something to ***** about. :lol:

Don't worry, all he needs is a bad game by Ryan and he'll melt down fully all over again.

This has to be the most entertaining team specific thread on S&T. I mean we got Deadset and others checking in periodically to see how the CP/Finnns saga is unfolding :lol:

Last edited:
no doubt, man. this thread delivers :lol:

CP and Finns do need to start a radio show or weekly podcast together.

CP and Finns do need to start a radio show or weekly podcast together.

We could call it: Someone who pays attention, and finns.

What'dya think? :lol:

[COLOR=#red]So funny you say that... wrote two weeks ago to have you both on my podcast at the end of the season/before free agency/before the draft.[/COLOR]

3 out of 4 in the final four of the Yahoo NT fantasy Football league are Dolphins fans.

CP
Finns
Myself

Good **** fellas :nthat:

I face Finns this weekend :tongue:

We could call it: Someone who pays attention, and finns.

What'dya think? :lol:

:rofl: THIS guy. I would prefer optimism vs. skeptcism

[COLOR=#red]So funny you say that... wrote two weeks ago to have you both on my podcast at the end of the season/before free agency/before the draft.[/COLOR]

Sweet!

:lol:

seriously, make it happen. finnns…you in?

Hell yeah I'm in :lol:

3 out of 4 in the final four of the Yahoo NT fantasy Football league are Dolphins fans.

CP
Finns
Myself

Good **** fellas :nthat:

I face Finns this weekend :tongue:

:pimp: Good #%!@

I need the crown though h3at, you can have the bball league chip :lol:

Dimitri Patterson to IR. :smh:

I doubt he comes back next year, pretty safe bet he gets cut.

So for next year, we HAVE to get Taylor and Davis in offseason camps, get them working, keep them healthy, and hopefully they will be ready to go for year 2.
Basically, same thing for Dion Jordan.

Why these coaches hate rookies I have no idea, but next year they won't have a choice since like half of them will be starting offensive lineman. :lol:

Something I've been noticing as well. We all know their are 4 premium positions. Be it draft, FA, whatever, the high dollar, must haves.

QB, OT, DE, CB.

Franchise QB.
Someone to protect that franchise QB
Someone to rush the other teams franchise QB
And a shutdown corner to stop the other teams franchise QB

Tannehill 2012
Jordan 2013
OT 2014
Bet good money we go CB in round 1 2015

Grimes will get franchised for 2014, so for that one year, he will be our top corner. In 2015, he'll be what, 33? Time to get a new one. And that will be the pick.

What's even more noticeable, Ireland has TRIED to cheat those positions and get them quicker. Notice

Tannehill 2012, OT in rd 2, DE in rd 3. :nerd:
Jordan 2013, CB in rd 2, CB/OL in rd 3. :nerd:

He drafts to the premium positions.

Parcells when he took over.

OT Jake Long 08, QB AND DE in rd 2
CB Vontae Davis in 09
DE Jared Odrick in 2010

They've been trying to get it right, only they've missed on the key guys they hoped would work out. Henne, Merling, Davis., Martin, etc.

Odrick is better inside, Vernon is good, but more of a #3 DE than a 1-2.

Tannehill and Jordan should work out, hopefully whatever OT they take will as well in 2014. At that point, you have the premium players all under 26 and locked in, then you just have to build around them.

And with us in good shape cap wise still, we can fill in a couple extra holes possibly.

Whether that's Ireland, Philbin or not, I don't know. But whoever it might be, hopin they get it together.

Dimitri Patterson to IR. :smh:

I doubt he comes back next year, pretty safe bet he gets cut.

So for next year, we HAVE to get Taylor and Davis in offseason camps, get them working, keep them healthy, and hopefully they will be ready to go for year 2.
Basically, same thing for Dion Jordan.

Why these coaches hate rookies I have no idea, but next year they won't have a choice since like half of them will be starting offensive lineman. :lol:

Something I've been noticing as well. We all know their are 4 premium positions. Be it draft, FA, whatever, the high dollar, must haves.

QB, OT, DE, CB.

Franchise QB.
Someone to protect that franchise QB
Someone to rush the other teams franchise QB
And a shutdown corner to stop the other teams franchise QB

Tannehill 2012
Jordan 2013
OT 2014
Bet good money we go CB in round 1 2015

Grimes will get franchised for 2014, so for that one year, he will be our top corner. In 2015, he'll be what, 33? Time to get a new one. And that will be the pick.

What's even more noticeable, Ireland has TRIED to cheat those positions and get them quicker. Notice

Tannehill 2012, OT in rd 2, DE in rd 3. :nerd:
Jordan 2013, CB in rd 2, CB/OL in rd 3. :nerd:

He drafts to the premium positions.

Parcells when he took over.

OT Jake Long 08, QB AND DE in rd 2
CB Vontae Davis in 09
DE Jared Odrick in 2010

They've been trying to get it right, only they've missed on the key guys they hoped would work out. Henne, Merling, Davis., Martin, etc.

Odrick is better inside, Vernon is good, but more of a #3 DE than a 1-2.

Tannehill and Jordan should work out, hopefully whatever OT they take will as well in 2014. At that point, you have the premium players all under 26 and locked in, then you just have to build around them.

And with us in good shape cap wise still, we can fill in a couple extra holes possibly.

Whether that's Ireland, Philbin or not, I don't know. But whoever it might be, hopin they get it together.

Repped. I like this thought process.

With Vernon thriving now as a top sack assassin, and Odrick moving inside, we have to prioritize one of the big guns either Soliai or Starks. I prefer keeping Soliai as he's a monster. Starks was flipping off the coaching staff, complaining about his role, he'll be going the way of Bush, Dansby, etc. Would love to keep both though

I think LT has to be the pick this year. We no longer have the dilemma of taking Jake or Matty Ice, there are no Matt Ryans in the upcoming draft and the LT talent is immense. We must get this line right. Incognito is a goner so we need a quality LG too, unless the current guys can prove they're long term players.

8-6 with Buffalo and the Jets remaining, can't say I don't like our chances :pimp:

I'll be rooting hard for Detroit tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom