THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

What a heart jolting game. I nearly had a heart attack. I think it was more exhausting than last weekend

The back and forth going on between Omar and CP is pure comedy.

Cliffs: Omar is trying to justify him being behind Tannehill, CP disproves him and quotes him, Omar does his typical brush off you peasant I know all you know nothing. Dude is such a clown.

Glad y'all won...need the ravens to lose tomorrow so their backs are against the wall...rather y'all be in the playoffs than them

The back and forth going on between Omar and CP is pure comedy.

Cliffs: Omar is trying to justify him being behind Tannehill, CP disproves him and quotes him, Omar does his typical brush off you peasant I know all you know nothing. Dude is such a clown.

Dude has been CLOWNING Tannehill allllll year. Today he up here callin him the Master, hypin him up.

I saw that and was like, naw.

Now he talkin about smellin his own belly button..........

Okay then. :lol:

From Barry Jackson:

Quick Sunday night update: Before tonight, the Dolphins needed a Baltimore loss to have any chance to make the playoffs. But after Pittsburgh beat Cincinnati tonight, the Dolphins now control their own destiny and will make the playoffs if they win Sunday at Buffalo and the following week at home against the Jets.

Here's why: If the Dolphins win out, they would finish 10-6. If the Ravens win out, they would also be 10-6. But since the Ravens play at the Bengals in their finale, a Baltimore win in that game would mean the Bengals would finish no better than 10-6, even if the Bengals beat visiting Minnesota next Sunday.

In that scenario, if the Ravens and Bengals both finish 10-6, Baltimore would win the AFC North because the Ravens would have swept Cincinnati, and Miami would win a tiebreaker with Cincinnati for a wild card spot based on beating the Bengals on Halloween.

Meanwhile, if the Ravens lose once (to either Detroit or New England or at Cincinnati), then the Ravens would finish with 7 losses. Miami, by winning out, would have only 6 losses. And the 7-7 Chargers cannot catch the Dolphins if the Dolphins win out.

If Baltimore and Cincinnati tie in their finale, the Ravens could then finish with no more than 9 wins (even if they beat the Lions and Patriots in the next seven days). The Dolphins would have 10 if they win out.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-grimes-2014-sked-heat-um.html#storylink=cpy

:wow: So now we control our own destiny, excellent.

Time to give Buffalo payback. Gotta beat the Jills and Jests

It's looking like CP vs. me in the NT fantasy championship, boy you can't write this stuff! Truly fate. :rofl:

:pimp:

Last edited:
I'm in the super bowl as well. :pimp:

He has been, we have referenced it plenty of times. He said, in the preseason, Tannehill is Not the guy. He isn't a killer. Has been saying a variation of this all year. As of the last couple weeks his tune has changed, OK nothing wrong with that... Finns... but own it. He doesn't even come close.

Lastly, he calls you and others ignorant or whatever for Not reading his articles and only his tweets. Welp genius, where is YOUR voice loudest and current?... a week or month old article or Tweets happening right now!?! He is so into himself, he knows all and if you disagree or call him on it with facts he acts like a ***** *** child. Entertaining to see at points but he act gets old when he pretty much throws most Dolphins under the bus.

My wife beat me this week to knock me out, lost so many players this year, including Adrian Peterson and Julio Jones

I'm in the super bowl as well. :pimp:

He has been, we have referenced it plenty of times. He said, in the preseason, Tannehill is Not the guy. He isn't a killer. Has been saying a variation of this all year. As of the last couple weeks his tune has changed, OK nothing wrong with that... Finns... but own it. He doesn't even come close.

Lastly, he calls you and others ignorant or whatever for Not reading his articles and only his tweets. Welp genius, where is YOUR voice loudest and current?... a week or month old article or Tweets happening right now!?! He is so into himself, he knows all and if you disagree or call him on it with facts he acts like a ***** *** child. Entertaining to see at points but he act gets old when he pretty much throws most Dolphins under the bus.

"SHO NUFF" :lol:

All that stands in our way, 2 rookie QB's.

EJ Manuel
Geno Smith

Absolutely, positively, 100% MUST. Win. Games.

Finish, this, season. They're on the right track, do not let up now. Close this down.

Sadly, this is making a case for both Ireland and Philbin/Sherman to come back. :smh: :lol: We just can't get rid of these *******. :lol:

I've been much harder on Philbin and Sherman than I have Ireland, but they have coached well thru all the drama in Oct/Nov. The team plays hard for them, even if a little sloppy at times. Maybe, just MAY-BE, the coaches are learning too, just as the players do.

We've seen players come in and improve. We've seen "some" adjustments. (think of the TE's that torched us forever, somehow has slowed down, possibly due to Jones switching roles) Some players have improved. Guys off the street have worked out. (Brennan, Thomas) they've adapted off injuries.

Much as I hate it, they've done what we've asked. If you take away Tampa and Buffalo and gave us W's for those, but switched out possible losses at Indy and against NE, really, 8-6 with a chance to get to 10 wins is about where we thought we might get. We lost games we shouldn't have, but we also won a couple games we weren't sure of. At Pitt in the snow?

Denver has lost to Indy, SD, and NE.

We beat all 3.

How we lose to Buffalo and Tampa, I have no idea. But IF, they ever start to clean that up, thru growth as coaches, or as players, then........... we will start to look like a viable team for once.

All this, this year, is house money. A year early. Most of our young guys are in year 1 or 2, barely scratching the surface. If they start to really get it figured out, have another solid draft, rebuild that Oline, add some depth, well.........we'll see.

First things is first.

BEAT. Buffalo.

re watching on nfl net 
pimp.gif

There comes a moment when young NFL quarterbacks hit the fork in the road. The game either slows down for them, and they settle in to being quality passers for years to come, the kind who can lead a team to a Super Bowl.

Or they never figure it out, the game remains too fast, the decisions too tough to make and they wind up on the Island of Misfit Quarterbacks, not because of the tool set but because of the inability to decipher things quickly.

Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had many wondering for the first 22 or so games of his career if he'd take the road to stardom or the road to a spot in Ryan Leaf-ville.

The past month has shown us that Tannehill is on his way to being much more of a franchise passer than he is a bust. The second-year passer has impressed the past three weeks, throwing eight touchdown passes and two interceptions as the Dolphins have won all three games. In those games, he's thrown for an average of 281 yards and completed close to 65-percent of his passes.

Counting last season, his rookie season, Tannehill is now 5-2 in December with 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions.

That's the type of thing you need from a passer as we move toward the playoffs. It's crunch time, and Tannehill is coming up big.

To get an idea as to why, I went back and studied a bunch of his games, some early in the season as well as he last three. What I saw was a quarterback who has ditched some bad habits -- patting the ball for one -- and has taken on a calmness in the pocket.

It helps that the offensive line is playing better, but Tannehill seems so much more sure of himself as he sits in the pocket and makes his reads. He always had the big arm. But now he waits to use it rather than just firing at the first moving target. The patience is his biggest plus now. In the past, he lacked it.

That's how you can tell the game is slowing down. He sees it better. But he's also using his eyes to influence defenders, which he didn't do much of as a rookie and struggled with some early this season.

The ball comes out better now, too. He has a better comfort with sliding away from pressure, re-setting his feet, and then using that arm to make the throws. In the past, his mechanics were flawed and he tried to make some throws with out the subtle slide that all great quarterbacks need in the pocket. I will show a play here, just a 9-yard completion, which will show what I mean about his improvement in that category.

Tannehill is also letting it go more. Early this season, he seemed to wait on too many throws. You can't throw to wide-open receivers all the time in the NFL. That's not reality. So he's doing a better job of anticipating guys coming open, and making throws to them when they are not, which good quarterbacks have to do.

The passing windows open and shut so quickly in the NFL, which is why throwing only to open receivers is a curse for a lot of young quarterbacks. Tannehill is now throwing guys open, which means throwing into covered receivers, tight windows, for big plays.

The transformation I see on tape is a player who now believes in what he's doing. The difference from early this season to now is amazing.

Tannehill was the overlooked passer in last year's rookie class. It was all about Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Only Wilson is having a better second season.

Here are a few of the plays that caught my eye while watching Tannehill's tapes.

The first one is a deep out for completion he threw to Mike Wallace for a 22-yard gain.

View media item 701389
View media item 701390
View media item 701391

The Dolphins have a second-and-15 at their own 28 after a sack on first down. The Patriots show a two-deep look with man-underneath. Wallace (blue circle) lines up wide to the right with Rishard Matthews (red circle) in the slot inside of him. Matthews runs a deep-in cut, which would have been open against a two-deep look, but the Patriots actually rotate to a single-high look with Steve Gregory (yellow circle) becoming a robber in the middle. He is reading Tannehill as he looks to the middle in the second picture. Tannehill doesn't bite. He comes off Matthews, turns his body to his right, and fires a shot to Wallace for the big gain. That's a tough NFL throw to make, and Tannehill shows off his arm on that one. But more importantly, he understands what the Patriots are trying to do and he comes away from his initial read. That's impressive.

The second play I want to show will be with GIF to appreciate how Tannehill has grown in terms of pocket feel.

It's that simple 9-yard completion to Wallace. What makes the play interesting is how Tannehill slides in the pocket. He opens to his right, then looks into the middle, before coming back to Wallace on his left. But as you can see by the GIF, he has to move away from pressure coming from his right in the form of Rob Ninkovich. In the past, Tannehill might have run out of that pocket. Instead he takes a big step to his left, away from the pressure, and keeps his head up to find Wallace for the short gain. That's a play that shows the growth of Tannehill inside the pocket.

The next play I want to show is the 39-yard touchdown pass he threw to Wallace at the end of the first half against the Patriots.

View media item 701394
View media item 701395
View media item 701397
View media item 701398

Wallace (yellow circle) is lined up wide to the right in man coverage against Marquice Cole. But the key to the play is Tannehill reading safety Devin McCourty (red X), who is also in man coverage against tight end Charles Clay (red circle). Tannehill waits for Clay to cross the field to get McCourty out of his throwing lane. He then fires a shot to Wallace, who breaks away from Cole and turns it into a big play and a touchdown. Patience is the key to that play for Tannehill.

The last play I want to show is the game-winning touchdown pass, which caps off an impressive drive that includes a fourth-down conversion on a quick screen to Clay. The touchdown came on a nice read and throw to running back Marcus Thigpen, who is lined up next to Tannehill in the shotgun.

View media item 701400
View media item 701401
View media item 701402

At the snap, Clay (blue circle) runs to the post. That's Tannehill's first look. But he would be forced to throw over the linebacker, and Clay is pretty well covered by McCourty. So he opts to take a chance with Thigpen in man coverage with Don'ta Hightower. The impressive thing about the play is that Tannehill commits to the throw before Thigpen is out of his break. And he makes the throw, as you can see by the last picture, with Bryant McKinnie being pushed back into his face. That means he can't really step into the throw, yet has the arm strength to get it there for the score.

If Tannehill keeps improving at this pace, and continues to light it up in December, the Dolphins will be a tough team to get out come playoff time. He certainly has made big strides in his second season.

It's time he started to get the attention that some of those other second-year starters get. I believe Tannehill has taken the right path to being a successful NFL passer. He looks the part now, that's for sure.

Man, if only we had a QB who could play more than 25 games and actually improve before being written off by clown *** fans.

Wonder who we should target in the Draft this year so we can finally get a real franchise Quarterback.

Did you even read what you posted?

Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had many wondering for the first 22 or so games of his career if he'd take the road to stardom or the road to a spot in Ryan Leaf-ville.

#@^@ outta here

Back
Top Bottom