**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Forgot Malcolm Kelly still on the roster
laugh.gif
LaVar is right in saying if he doesn't have a big preseason that he should be released.

This. When running down all the WR on the roster yesterday I totally forgot about him.
30t6p3b.gif
Is any other franchise worse at drafting WR's? When's the last time we drafted a receiver that wasn't a ginormous bust? I just thought about it for like 30 seconds and I can't think of a single one we've drafted since I've been following the team that turned out to be any good. 
Devin Thomas - BUST

Malcolm Kelly - BUST

Taylor Jacobs - BUST 

Rod Gardner - BUST

Cliff Russel - 3rd rounder who never did anything

Michael Westbrook - Had one good season, but for a #4 overall pick BUST

Desmond Howard - BUST

You have to go all the way back to 1991 when we drafted Keenan McCardell in the 12th round to find somebody we drafted that turned out to be a good WR, and he outperformed everybody else on this list by miles. It pisses me off so much to see a guy like Miles Austin who was undrafted and yet outperforms anybody we've drafted in the first two rounds in the last 20 years. Or how anybody the giants draft at WR always pans out fairly well (Nicks, Manningham, Steve Smith, hell even Victor Cruz looked better in the preseason last year than anybody we've drafted in awhile
laugh.gif
) You can say it's because we don't have a QB to throw them the ball, but that's not even really it. Most of the guys I listed up there would suck on any team. 

Originally Posted by Hugo

niners coming to town
pimp.gif

Oh these dudes around here already know what the business is.  49ers are also playing the Ravens this year in Baltimore so it's a definitely a good look. 

******** fan from LA checking in
pimp.gif

it will be a challenge watching pregame at 930 in the morning and the 4 pm games are 1 pm here, at least there will be things to do after sunday night football, which starts at 5 pm here in the leftcoast
laugh.gif

Tim Hightower newewst Skin...dudes a fumbler, but we'll see... gave up little for him anyways.

What we've done so far:

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
July 30, 2011
******** MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington ******** announced the following roster moves today:

The ******** signed the following unrestricted free agents. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
PLAYER POSITIONHEIGHT WEIGHT EXPERIENCE COLLEGE
Stephen Bowen DL6-53066Hofstra
Chris ChesterOL6-33156Oklahoma
Kellen Clemens QB6-22206Oregon
Barry CofieldDL6-43066Northwestern
Donte’ StallworthWR6-02209Tennessee
Josh WilsonCB5-91925Maryland

The ******** signed the following college free agents. Terms of the deals were not disclosed:
PLAYERPOSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT EXPERIENCECOLLEGE
Dante BarnesDB6-1194RNorfolk State
Kevin GidreyFB6-2256RSouth Florida
Tyrone GrantDB5-9176RDelaware
Corey O’Daniel G6-6307RGardner-Webb
Kyle O’Donnell LB6-2240RLiberty

The ******** signed the following exclusive rights free agent:
DB Byron Westbrook

The ******** placed the following players on the Physically Unable to Perform list:
LB Robert Henson
S LaRon Landry
S Kareem Moore

The ******** terminated the contracts of the following players:
P Josh Bidwell
DL Phillip Daniels
NT Ma’ake Kemoeatu
C Casey Rabach
OL Mike Williams
WR Roydell Williams
-over-

The ******** waived the following players:
RB Andre Brown
DT Rashaad Duncan
S Macho Harris
WR Taurus Johnson
RB Shawnbrey McNeal
P Sam Paulescu
WR Maurice Price
RB Chad Simpson
S Sha’reff Rashad

The ******** also announced that they traded defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice. Washington also traded quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Minnesota Vikings for undisclosed draft choices.

T Jamaal Brown resigns for 5 yrs...I understand we really need him but don't like length of deal...what are the specifics?

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Former Husker Roy Helu Jr could be the next RB Shanahan annoints from nobody-to-somebody

pimp.gif
I hope so....

Out of all the RBs on the roster, I'd like to see a Torain/Helu combo....

Speaking of Torain, what do you all think about Torian's potential if he can play somewhere around 14-16 games?  Durability has always been an issue w. him, but IMO he looked really good last year in a limited amount of games.  He's physical as hell and has a great burst....i'm hoping he can stay healthy this year. 

Torain was very solid last year, I think he will be out to make a statement as one of the premier backs in the NFL. I hope to see a 46/26 combo in the backfield lord knows we need it, I am not sold on Beck as our QB.....Any word on Grossman? With that being said our running should be one of our bright spots.

Torain cant stay healthy though and he isnt that talented. Shanahan makes nobodies into 1000 yard rushers not nobodies into elite backs.

I'm glad we didn't get Vince Young...I actually want to see what Beck can do and if can't perform ahhh well....there's always Luck for next year

Phillip Buchanon re-signed yesterday but will miss the first four games due to drug suspension.

Shanahan says Grossman is re-signing tonight.

We should have a FF league between us Skin fans on this site or who visit this thread anyways.

If we can get him for cheap I am all for it. London Fletcher is 36 yrs old and not getting any younger....I think Perry Riley will learn plenty from London this year, add Tatupu into the fold along side Kerrigan and Rak, this could shape up to be a very solid LB corps...

I like the Hightower trade, but not if it takes away playing time from Helu cause I think he'll be really good for us

My guess the DC is gonna go:

1. Torian
2. Hightower
3. Helu
4. Royster (PS)
5. Williams (cut)

Back
Top Bottom